PDA

View Full Version : black light recommendation?

RelicSports
08-04-2015, 05:23 PM
Good evening Gents,

I am looking to purchase a cheap black light of some sort just to see if signatures are traced over or just not visible to the naked eye. Does anyone have a favorite or suggestion as to where to get one? Any help is appreciated, thank you!

drcy
08-04-2015, 05:39 PM
The page describes and shows the three standard kinds. The little metal cased pocket LED flashlight style is my favorite (pictured second one down on the page)-- works well and is small and portable. The top style is popular too and works fine. The screw in light bulb is my least favorite, because it isn't portable (though if you're in the dorms and have UV rock posters then you'd want it). You can find all kinds on amazon and ebay, and they are cheap. As mentioned in the article, all three give off the same ultraviolet light so it's just a matter of what style you want.

http://www.cycleback.com/blacklight/four.html

4reals
08-16-2015, 03:19 AM
It's almost Halloween. Many stores will have black lights available in their holiday section. If you wait til the week after you'll probably get one on clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djson1
08-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Was just curious....do those black light bulbs really help on baseballs that have very light signatures (1-3's)? Has anybody used a black light on light signatures and do they pop out better?

Also, was wondering if the black light harms the signature in some way as with a UV effect.

ATP
08-20-2015, 06:24 PM
Black light can come in very helpful for identifying signatures that are hard to see on a ball, I use it quite often. Also, very very handy for helping to detect traceovers, and removals. With cards, it can help spot counterfeits, and will expose recoloring on cards.

drcy
08-20-2015, 06:32 PM
You shine a black light on an item for seconds during inspection. It will cause no harm. It would only be of serious concern if you're displaying something under blacklight.

djson1
08-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Thanks...that's helpful. I think it's time to get a good black light then.