PDA

View Full Version : T206 Honus Wagner auction

1952boyntoncollector
08-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Question: We all saw that Wagner card sell for 1 million recently I think it was a PSA 4.

How much a commission do you think auction houses agree to give back from on their 20% BP...you think the auction houses end up getting only about 5% on the sale price when all said is done..

I know I not in that class to ever really know for real..but wondering what the market is ..just curious...

travrosty
08-04-2015, 04:51 PM
Question: We all saw that Wagner card sell for 1 million recently I think it was a PSA 4.

How much a commission do you think auction houses agree to give back from on their 20% BP...you think the auction houses end up getting only about 5% on the sale price when all said is done..

I know I not in that class to ever really know for real..but wondering what the market is ..just curious...

Depends on the auction house and the consignor. If a smaller auction house you can even get 0%. Otherwise it's negotiable depending if the auction house is in need a quality material and a 'headliner' item. So I assume consignors shop around a little bit and go with the firm they believe can get them the highest price and the best deal on the consignor fee. I personally would go with Goldin auction but that's me. I don't own anything good by the way, but they seem to get outstanding prices on the big ticket items.