PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on a shipping problem.

39special
07-30-2015, 07:55 PM
I sold a card that was in nice shape.Crease free.I had it in a penny sleeve,Ultra pro top loader,a piece of card board on each side in a bubble mailer.I taped the top of the top loader with masking tape so the card wouldn't come out,and the cardboard was taped together with the card between them.
I got a message that it had a major crease.I asked for a scan.I also told him if its creased to send it back and I'd refund his money.Its hard for me to believe that it has a major crease the way I packed it,but sh*t happens.If this has happened to anyone,how did you handle it? Also,this deal was not made on this site.

bnorth
07-30-2015, 08:07 PM
A huge crease could easily happen no matter how good you pack. Like you said sometimes s*it happens. Offer a refund when the card is returned is the best advice I can give.

39special
07-30-2015, 08:10 PM
I'm still waiting for a scan from him.I have no problem giving a refund.I.would like to see a scan.

glchen
07-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah, sometimes stuff happens no matter how well you pack. Get a picture, and if you see the crease, I'd just refund the money to him. If it's only a few bucks, I would tell him that he could keep the card. (but I would block him from future auctions unless he were a repeat customer). If the card was reasonably expensive even with the crease, then I would ask the buyer to return the card before I refunded him.

thecatspajamas
07-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Definitely have them send the card back for a refund. You would be surprised how many would-be scammers will demand money back for supposed damage, yet balk at sending the item back for a full refund even when you offer to pay return shipping.

You may or may not get a scan, depending on who bought the card. Not everyone has a scanner. Usually when I ask for a scan, the closest I get is an out-of-focus pic taken with their cell phone.

39special
07-31-2015, 03:37 AM
Thanks for the replies.I have not heard back from him yet.

This happened on another forum,that has a feedback system like ebay.I contacted a mod.that told me not to refund til I get the card.I also found out the last two deals he
was involved with,he had gotten negative feedback for non payment.No I wonder if he is looking for a free card.
If the card comes back damaged,I will give a full refund.I guess I have to be careful who I deal with.

Beatles Guy
07-31-2015, 07:41 AM
It could also be a case of the buyer creasing it when they were removing it from the package. I've done that myself before and it stings. My own fault for being too eager.

egbeachley
07-31-2015, 01:38 PM
Another suggestion is to not press the issue. If it's a scam and he is caught he will likely just crease it now before sending it back.

DixieBaseball
07-31-2015, 09:58 PM
I sold a card that was in nice shape.Crease free.I had it in a penny sleeve,Ultra pro top loader,a piece of card board on each side in a bubble mailer.I taped the top of the top loader with masking tape so the card wouldn't come out,and the cardboard was taped together with the card between them.
I got a message that it had a major crease.I asked for a scan.I also told him if its creased to send it back and I'd refund his money.Its hard for me to believe that it has a major crease the way I packed it,but sh*t happens.If this has happened to anyone,how did you handle it? Also,this deal was not made on this site.

Now wait a minute... If I were you I would ask him to send back in original penny sleeve, top loader, and also include the bubble pack mailer you sent it in. You wouldn't believe how ignorant scammers are... If you get all that back, and the card has a crease, but the penny sleeve or even top loader doesn't have a crease (And also check what you mailed it in (It would be great if he provided scans), then you know he is scamming you. The penny sleeve and/or top loader should have some visable damage to them for a card to have a major crease. Also, the cardboard that you put on each side would show a crease as well. (All the packing material should have consistent damage through and through...)