PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Hoarding?

slidekellyslide
07-28-2015, 01:23 PM
I pick up any and all Lincoln minor league baseball items even if I already have it.

Rob D.
07-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Once had a problem with Stanford Pottery Cleveland Indians banks.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ineedanap/otherphotos/stan-12.jpg

slidekellyslide
07-28-2015, 02:18 PM
once had a problem with stanford pottery cleveland indians banks.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ineedanap/otherphotos/stan-12.jpg

holy $h!+ :d

JeremyW
07-28-2015, 03:36 PM
I've been attempting to hoard all Harry Wright items. I've had almost zero luck in my endeavor and I'm not sure if it's an availability or financial issue. I'm leaning towards the latter, but the former is also giving me major issues.

Rob D.
07-28-2015, 09:29 PM
holy $h!+ :d

Also had a bit of an infatuation with the Gibbs-Conners.

http://photos.imageevent.com/ineedanap/otherphotos/gibbs.jpg

slidekellyslide
07-28-2015, 09:38 PM
Heh...that's my kind of collecting. I won't show a pic because they are modern, but I already have probably 100 Lincoln Saltdogs bobblehead dolls...I can't pass them up whenever I find one at a garage sale.

vintagesportscollector
07-29-2015, 05:48 AM
Heh...that's my kind of collecting. I won't show a pic because they are modern, but I already have probably 100 Lincoln Saltdogs bobblehead dolls...I can't pass them up whenever I find one at a garage sale.

Show a pic anyway Dan - that would be neat to see. When I see pics of other hoards it makes me feel better about my own OCD. :rolleyes: ;)

Bumpus Jones
07-29-2015, 08:07 AM
Great topic and great posts! Here's my contribution. If anyone has any of these available, please let me know...

slidekellyslide
07-29-2015, 08:14 AM
Here are some of them...these are mostly without boxes...the rest are all packed away in tubs. The batboy is by far the hardest to obtain, it was available only in the gift shop in the early years. Second hardest is the "mean face" Homer the Haymarket Hound, he underwent a major facelift as he was scaring children. This bobble at one time sold for more than $100 on ebay...the Obama and Romney are also pretty tough to obtain. The rest are very easy.

slidekellyslide
07-29-2015, 08:22 AM
Great topic and great posts! Here's my contribution. If anyone has any of these available, please let me know...

What are these, Chris?

Bumpus Jones
07-29-2015, 08:36 AM
They came off of seats from Crosley Field. Some fans just wanted these instead of a whole seat as a memento. So, they would have one of the demo crew guys torch them off...

slidekellyslide
07-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Very cool!

MGHPro
07-29-2015, 04:04 PM
Great stuff guys.. Love the hoarding! Im guilty of hoarding bats of certain guys but they are boxed up and not as fun to look at the stuff thats been posted!

bobfreedman
07-29-2015, 05:03 PM
Not sure this qualifies but I have a bunch of scorers that are all different:

almostdone
07-29-2015, 07:31 PM

Absolutly qualify and very cool. Thanks for sharing.
Drew

ksfarmboy
07-29-2015, 08:28 PM
I have a few of the National Baseball Congress mini bats. They issued them as far back as 1936. The tournament stated in 1935 but I haven't heard of one from that year. The first few didn't have any signatures on them. They went with George Sisler for several years then Hap Dumont, the originator of the tournament. The lower 9 and the whole backside are NBC bats plus I have a few duplicates.

Runscott
07-30-2015, 12:58 PM
I've been attempting to hoard all Harry Wright items. I've had almost zero luck in my endeavor and I'm not sure if it's an availability or financial issue. I'm leaning towards the latter, but the former is also giving me major issues.

Jeremy, you remind me of our Net54 member who is hoarding baseball ambrotypes.

I am hoarding Robinson Cano doubles baseballs. It's weird, but he's one of my favorite players and there's nothing he does better than hit doubles, so I can't pass them up. I have almost 1% of all the doubles he has ever hit and over 3% of all of his triples.

Mountaineer1999
07-30-2015, 02:48 PM

I am hoarding Robinson Cano doubles baseballs. It's weird, but he's one of my favorite players and there's nothing he does better than hit doubles, so I can't pass them up. I have almost 1% of all the doubles he has ever hit and over 3% of all of his triples.

Scott,
You collect balls hit for doubles? How in the world do you get your hands on those? Do they pull the ball after the play and sell it?

JeremyW
07-30-2015, 03:33 PM

Hoarding baseball ambrotypes? That sounds very difficult. As an optimist, I'm taking that as a compliment.

Runscott
07-30-2015, 03:55 PM
Balls are usually pulled from play because they hit dirt. One of my Cano doubles was next hit for another double by Kendrys Morales and then pitched to Seager. It eventually was pitched in the dirt and then removed from play. The ball is then documented by a team rep hired by MLB and is sold in the stadium later in the game.

Runscott
07-30-2015, 03:59 PM
I will have to check, but I think all of my game balls (I have around 20) were pulled from the game because they bounced in the dirt, but fouls that do not go into the stands can also be sold later if not tossed into the stands.

WWGjohn
07-31-2015, 08:53 AM
I have about 100 19th century bats, almost all hand made. Here are a few examples.

John

springpin
07-31-2015, 12:51 PM
What is the length of the first one? Thanks.

WWGjohn
08-01-2015, 09:55 AM
It is 33 inches long and weighs 33 ounces.

Scott Garner
08-03-2015, 05:39 PM

Bob,
Beautiful scorer collection. Great eye appeal!

bobfreedman
08-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Thanks Scott and Drew, I appreciate the compliments. I love collecting and these have been probably the most fun to collect of all the things that I have collected.

mike mays
08-09-2015, 12:09 AM
Buyiing vintage Stanford University Memorabilia including the following:

1) 1890's Original Team Photos
2) LJSU Pennants
3) Felt Banners
4) Vintage Pins
5) Folk Art
6) Vintage Letterman Jackets
7) Bobbleheads
8) Original Photos
9) Pennant Pillow Covers
10) Letterman Blankets

Not collecting game used items, programs or tickets

Runscott
08-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Mike, we recently acquired an early 1900's Stanford football blanket (it's huge). My girlfriend went to Stanford so I thought it would be cool. It arrived with tons of official school documents belonging to two brothers (Lester and Clifford Bunds). I'll post a pic if I can find one.

Last night I acquired my third Robinson Cano game-used bat, so I guess I'm hoarding those also.