PDA

View Full Version : Would this get a MK qualifier?

JoeyFarino
07-27-2015, 10:44 PM
If i crossed this over to PSA do you think itd get a MK qualifier?

http://i450.photobucket.com/albums/qq224/Blackitalian/Screenshot_2015-07-27-21-02-44-1_zpsly0xs6v7.png (http://s450.photobucket.com/user/Blackitalian/media/Screenshot_2015-07-27-21-02-44-1_zpsly0xs6v7.png.html)

GasHouseGang
07-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Not from what the front looks like. Is there something on the back? Do you have a back scan?

JoeyFarino
07-27-2015, 11:27 PM
There looks like theres a water stain or something on the middle right edge

GasHouseGang
07-28-2015, 12:23 AM
Ok. I'm looking at it on an iPad and that barely shows up. If you have it in hand get a loupe and examine it. Otherwise, you'll be taking a chance.

pawpawdiv9
07-28-2015, 09:03 AM
QUALIFIERS:

PSA will grade nearly every card submitted. Cards having significant flaws will receive "qualified" grades as follows:

OC (Off Center):
When the centering of the card falls below the minimum standard for that grade will be designated "OC." PSA determines centering by comparing the measurements of the borders from left to right and top to bottom. The centering is designated as the percent of difference at the most off-center part of the card. A 5% leeway is given to the front centering minimum standards for cards which grade NM 7 or better. For example, a card that meets all of the other requirements for PSA MINT 9 and measures 60/40 off-center on the front automatically meets the PSA front centering standards for MINT 9. If a card meets all of the other requirements for PSA MINT 9 and measures 65/35 off-center on the front, it may be deemed to meet the PSA front centering standards for MINT 9 if the eye appeal of the card is good.

ST (Staining):
Cards with staining below the minimum standards for the grade will be designated "ST."

PD (Print Defect):
Cards with significant printing defects will be designated "PD."

OF (Out of Focus):
Cards with focus below the minimum standards for the grade will be designated "OF."

MK (Marks):
Cards with writing, ink marks, pencil marks, etc. or evidence of the impression left from the act of writing will be designated "MK."

MC (Miscut):
Cards that exhibit an atypical cut for the issue or ones that contain partial portions of more than one card will be designated "MC."

UNGRADEABLE CARDS:
PSA will not grade cards that bear evidence of trimming, re-coloring, restoration, or any other forms of tampering, or are of questionable authenticity. In addition, PSA does not grade autographed cards dated earlier than 1998 or any cards manufactured by Star except Star Baseball and 1996 Star Topps (reprint) Basketball Cards; only factory imprint signatures can be graded.

Based on this, you would get a ST qulafier, but would it be better to 'opt out' of the qualifier?? even if it results in a lower grade?
Which would you have a PSA 5 of a PSA 7(ST). I always heard/thought a qualifiers makes it drop 2 grades.

pokerplyr80
07-29-2015, 11:38 AM
The MK qualifier is more for something like a pen or pencil mark, or writing on the card. I think there's more of a chance to get an ST qualifier. If this were my card I wouldn't try to cross and would keep as is. You could send it in the SGC holder with a minimum grade of 5 requested, but my guess is you would get it back in the same holder and be out the grading and shipping fees.