PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Card Seller question

hawaiian bam bam
07-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Hey guys,
For someone that wants to sell vintage cards on EBAY,

-what are some tips to selling vintage on EBAY?

-what do you like to see/not like to see from a vintage card seller(what draws you to their store/listings?

-Who are some of the bigger vintage card sellers on EBAY?

-Do store names matter? for example for me would you recommend Bam Bam Sports Cards or Bam Bam Vintage Cards?

I have been selling on ebay before for a bit, but want to convert to selling my vintage cards, an help /advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

begsu1013
07-24-2015, 05:54 PM
1. follow thru and ship quickly.

2. use high rez scans and take scans in a dark room w/ lid up. (or place black object over your cards)

3. post front and back scans

4. don't use words like: "LQQK". "!!!!!!" or "CENTERED" when the card is not. or any other gimmick'y wording. let the card sell it's self.

5. describe accurately both the good features but also any flaws. you will save yourself a world of trouble by not trying to hide stuff.

6. store name isn't important, being a solid seller is.

JollyElm
07-24-2015, 05:57 PM
Do you have a list of the stuff you're looking to sell? I'd encourage you to post it here first to see if you can make some commission-free sales. A win-win.

David W
07-24-2015, 06:43 PM
Hey guys,
For someone that wants to sell vintage cards on EBAY,

-what are some tips to selling vintage on EBAY?

-what do you like to see/not like to see from a vintage card seller(what draws you to their store/listings?

-Who are some of the bigger vintage card sellers on EBAY?

-Do store names matter? for example for me would you recommend Bam Bam Sports Cards or Bam Bam Vintage Cards?

I have been selling on ebay before for a bit, but want to convert to selling my vintage cards, an help /advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

I don't like to see way overpriced BIN's or starting prices on auctions. I just move right along

If you want to sell cards at auction, start them at a bid that will get people bidding. If I am willing to pay $100 for something, I probably will not bid on something that starts at $79.99, but will start bidding on something that starts at $19.99.

Store name does not matter

Frankly, I just search on certain key words to see what comes up, and don't go to sellers stores anyway.

flkersn
07-24-2015, 07:35 PM
1. follow thru and ship quickly.

2. use high rez scans and take scans in a dark room w/ lid up. (or place black object over your cards)

3. post front and back scans

4. don't use words like: "LQQK". "!!!!!!" or "CENTERED" when the card is not. or any other gimmick'y wording. let the card sell it's self.

5. describe accurately both the good features but also any flaws. you will save yourself a world of trouble by not trying to hide stuff.

6. store name isn't important, being a solid seller is.

+1

grainsley
07-25-2015, 10:09 AM
begsu nailed it pretty well.......one thing I would add there is don't gouge for shipping........nothing makes me move along faster to the next listing.

begsu1013
07-25-2015, 10:29 AM
one thing I forgot to add:

have the balls to go ahead and list the item in an auction format at .99 cents.

i typically do not sell, but from years of watching auctions, i cant tell you how many times i have seen someone list something w/ a BIN @ let's just say $99 and it sit for months w/ no sale. then they list it in an auction and the thing will get a final hammer price of $118 or something to that effect.

btw: most of this action will probably occur in the last 30 seconds of the auction, so don't sweat the low bids until it's actually over.

edit: and as grant said, DO NOT GOUGE FOR SHIPPING, ever.