PDA

View Full Version : Postal Alert:

clydepepper
07-23-2015, 06:10 PM
I've had three shipments get 'bogged' down at the Macon, GA distribution center in the last six weeks. The first one took TWENTY days to get from Macon to Wichita, KA. The others are still 'in transit'(arrived at the Macon site on 7/11) and I have placed a trace on each of them.

Has anyone else had difficulty from the Macon, GA center lately?

bnorth
07-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Lol It's not just Macon, GA it is every distribution center. On a regular basis I have mail take 3 weeks to 2 months to show up and several members on here can attest to that.

Up till 2 years ago I never had a problem now it is almost every 3rd item has problems with showing up in a timely manner. USPS employees blame it on new regulations I blame it on incompetent overpaid employees.:eek:

Peter_Spaeth
07-23-2015, 06:50 PM
(sings)
She's the girl who said she loved me
On that hot dusty Macon road
And if she's still around
I'm gonna settle on down
With that hard lovin' Georgia girl

Sorry, now back to postal woes.

clydepepper
07-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Lol It's not just Macon, GA it is every distribution center. On a regular basis I have mail take 3 weeks to 2 months to show up and several members on here can attest to that.

Up till 2 years ago I never had a problem now it is almost every 3rd item has problems with showing up in a timely manner. USPS employees blame it on new regulations I blame it on incompetent overpaid employees.:eek:

Oh I'm sure, but right now the 'call-out' is only for problems with the Macon center.

photo111
07-23-2015, 08:05 PM
(sings)
I'm gonna settle on down

Great song. Listen to Croce daily.

pawpawdiv9
07-24-2015, 12:34 PM
At least its not the Atlanta sorting facilty, it would be 'lost' (like what happened to me)

ls7plus
07-24-2015, 04:07 PM
(sings)
I'm gonna settle on down

Now that's a first--Jim Croce on Net54! Way to go, Peter--makes me want to get my old albums out--we just loved the guy in undergrad.

Best wishes,

Larry

Cozumeleno
07-24-2015, 04:46 PM
I had this gem, recently. To be fair, it did come from Germany, but this route is incomprehensible:

June 25 - Arrived Kearny, NJ
June 26 - Arrived Jamaica, NY
June 28 - Arrived Portland, OR
June 28 - Departed Portland, OR
June 29 - Sort Facility in Portland, OR
June 29 - Departed Portland, OR
July 1 - Arrived Sort Facility San Francisco, CA
July 1 - Departed Sort Facility San Francisco, CA
July 1 (10 hours later) - Processed through Sort Facility San Francisco, CA
July 2 - Departed San Francisco, CA
July 3 - Arrived Sacramento, CA
July 3 - Departed Sacramento, CA
July 6 - Arrived Warrendale, PA
July 6 - Departed Warrendale, PA
July 7 - Arrived Pittsburgh, PA

The postal carrier did not attempt to deliver the package (my wife was home all day) and left a notice saying failed delivery attempt...resulting in me not getting the package until July 10.

Grrr...

Peter_Spaeth
07-24-2015, 04:56 PM
My best horror story is with a certified letter from Boston to LA which took three MONTHS to get there. It disappeared off the face of the earth for two months, then after I asked for a trace surfaced in LA where it was promptly misdelivered to a business around the corner for no apparent reason. That business then sat on it for a couple of weeks before putting it back in the system, at which point it bounced back and forth between LA and Sacramento twice (you would think there would be a closer distribution center to LA???) before finally being delivered just about three months to the day.

clydepepper
07-24-2015, 08:21 PM
I had this gem, recently. To be fair, it did come from Germany, but this route is incomprehensible:

June 25 - Arrived Kearny, NJ
June 26 - Arrived Jamaica, NY
June 28 - Arrived Portland, OR
June 28 - Departed Portland, OR
June 29 - Sort Facility in Portland, OR
June 29 - Departed Portland, OR
July 1 - Arrived Sort Facility San Francisco, CA
July 1 - Departed Sort Facility San Francisco, CA
July 1 (10 hours later) - Processed through Sort Facility San Francisco, CA
July 2 - Departed San Francisco, CA
July 3 - Arrived Sacramento, CA
July 3 - Departed Sacramento, CA
July 6 - Arrived Warrendale, PA
July 6 - Departed Warrendale, PA
July 7 - Arrived Pittsburgh, PA

The postal carrier did not attempt to deliver the package (my wife was home all day) and left a notice saying failed delivery attempt...resulting in me not getting the package until July 10.

Grrr...

I see what happened: Evidently on June 26, it got sent to Jamaica and not being aware that we have (2) Portlands, they flipped a coin and it went to Oregon, not to Maine.

Simple mistake...They need to train the Jamaicans about US geography.

JoeDfan
07-24-2015, 08:44 PM
I am watching my most recent ebay buy travel from New Jersey to Michigan; which is not near Maine!!!!!

jcc6252
07-24-2015, 10:27 PM
Hey Raymond, I have been watching the T206's floundering in Macon, also. No guarantee they will get out of Indy's Dist. Center in a timely manner once they arrive here, either. I had a package ship across town that took 10 days!

Cozumeleno
07-25-2015, 07:27 AM
I see what happened: Evidently on June 26, it got sent to Jamaica and not being aware that we have (2) Portlands, they flipped a coin and it went to Oregon, not to Maine.

Simple mistake...They need to train the Jamaicans about US geography.

Haha

Tom Hufford
07-25-2015, 11:11 PM
I had a card mailed to me in early May, the tracking info showed that it was scanned at my local PO and "out for delivery" (in Marietta, GA) on May 5.

It seemed to have disappeared, and I had the PO check on it on June 10. They couldn't find it. It was finally delivered to me on July 18. No idea where it was for 10 weeks. Maybe IT got sent to the Macon distribution center (about 100 miles away)!!

jerseygary
07-27-2015, 01:55 PM
I had a signing this past Saturday for my book (http://www.simonandschusterpublishing.com/the-league-of-outsider-baseball/) in Santa Ana, California. It was a private event so I supplied the books. I had a few weeks so I decided to save and ship via USPS. I packed 3 exactly the same boxes of 20 books well ahead of time so it would arrive on the Tuesday before. Tuesday came and went and 1 box showed up Thursday, still ahead of the event. I checked the tracking on the other 2, and boy was I amazed!

One box sat in Newport, Kentucky for 2 days before going all the way to LA County, just miles from the final destination. Then it was sent to Atlanta, Georgia for a few days and then it took a side-trip to Memphis where it sat for another week before arriving in Santa Ana 6 days after the book signing was over.

The other box sat in Cincinnati for 2 days before being shipped to Des Moines which it apparently liked because it remained there until the Monday after my event had ended. Added bonus was that 9 out of 20 books were completely destroyed due to the box looking like it was dropped off a mountain.

As completely upsetting as this was, the book signing turned out great thanks to my editor at Simon & Schuster who ran around on Friday gathering up spare books around the office and over-nighting them to California for Saturday and a few friends who scoured Los Angeles bookstores for copies of my book.

I think I'll spend the extra cash and send books Fed Ex or UPS next time. At least they are accountable for screw ups like this.