PDA

View Full Version : eBay question/suggestion...

Cmount76
07-21-2015, 09:35 AM
I am working on a back run of a particular player and found a card I need on eBay. The seller has the card in an SGC slab with both front and back pics. He only has 36 feedback and none of them are from cardboard. I sent him an email requesting better pictures, hoping to rest assured my concerns about the authenticity of the card and its' arrival to my home. He has yet to respond.

Would you bid on it? :confused:

ChiSoxFan
07-21-2015, 09:39 AM
If it is a harder to find back, I would search the Sold items. See if the exact card shows up there with the same, or nearly same, scans (they could have cropped the original scans). If it does show up, then they might not actually have the card for sale.

James

insccollectibles
07-21-2015, 09:48 AM
Its a tough one. You cant tell if its cracked from the pictures and he doesn't offer returns. I've seen the front back combo for sale a few times and have a PSA 2(MC) myself. The front back combo will resurface so its a judgement call. The card looks ok from the picture but that's not saying much.

vintagetoppsguy
07-21-2015, 09:58 AM
If you're happy with the price, buy it. If something happens, you're always covered with PayPal.

Luke
07-21-2015, 10:04 AM
I agree with David . I'm not too worried about the listing being fraudulent. It's a pretty common back so I'd be real surprised to see someone try a scam with it.

glchen
07-21-2015, 10:06 AM
If the card were under $100, I'd definitely bid on it. If it were over $1000, I'd probably wait until after the seller responds so I feel more assured of the transaction. In between, I could go either way. As mentioned before, you are always covered by ebay or Paypal buyer protection, but it can still be a hassle. You might also pay via American Express since I've read they have better buyer protection on that card.

Eggoman
07-21-2015, 11:08 AM
I agree with David . I'm not too worried about the listing being fraudulent. It's a pretty common back so I'd be real surprised to see someone try a scam with it.

I GOTTA DISAGREE, at least in part...

Even IF the listing is TOTALLY ON THE LEVEL, if a Seller cannot/will not/does not take the time to answer a reasonable and legitimate question in a timely manner, I think that I would spend my $$$ elsewhere.

perezfan
07-21-2015, 11:37 AM
^^^^^ I agree with this ^^^^^

If a seller cannot respond to a simple question from a prospective buyer, how can he/she be trusted to ship the card securely. Unless it's a "must have" item that isn't likely to resurface anytime soon, I'd pass as well.

kevlewis
07-25-2015, 11:32 AM
as long as the case doesnt look like its been cracked or tampered with ebay will give you your money back if the seller doesnt ship the item.

clydepepper
07-25-2015, 01:39 PM
If it's a card you feel that you have to have, watch the price and go for it...Ebay will refund if you have a legit beef.

If you don't have to have it right now, pass on this one and wait for the next, better opportunity...or at least one you feel a lot more comfortable with.

And checking the 'sold listings' for similar is a good research tool.

Good Luck