PDA

View Full Version : Autograph ID Help

VintageBucs
07-20-2015, 12:58 AM
Hey Everyone,

One of work my co-workers knows I'm a big Pirates fan so he gave me a scorecard he had signed by Jim Bibby at a tournament he played at in the early 2000's. Obviously Jims' sig is front and center :D, but the other two I'm a bit perplexed by. He thinks they were baseball players and he thinks they were also Pirates but he's not sure and doesn't remember their names.

As you can tell, the signature on the left the first name is John, but the last name is what gets me. My first thought was Candaleria but it's way to different than his signature to be. On the right signature, the first letter is B but the rest I'm not quite sure of.

I've looked up rosters around the Jim Bibby time frame when he was a Pirate and nothing really jumps out at me. I have looked at a few guys autographs that I thought were possibilities but they haven't been close.

So hopefully one of you far more experienced and knowledgeable guys can maybe shine some light on who they may be. I've also tried searching online for the event to see if there were results posted or something but I couldn't find anything, the course has been sold and re-named since and a new website.

And lastly, knowing my co-worker these other two signatures may belong to a caddie and a snack stand attendant and not two former MLB players like he thinks, he gets a little googly eyed around food so who knows!!

Thank you for any help :D

Dan

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/danpolice233/Scan%204_2.jpeg (http://s2.photobucket.com/user/danpolice233/media/Scan%204_2.jpeg.html)

rsn1661
07-20-2015, 05:10 AM
Bob Patterson played 85 through 98 for 5 teams including the Pirates. I believe that is one of them.

dgo71
07-20-2015, 06:44 PM
Yup, Bob Patterson on the right.
Was thinking John Milner on the left but not really sure as the "J" and "M" don't really line up with examples I've seen.

MooseDog
07-20-2015, 07:31 PM
The other is likely John Flinn, 80s ish pitcher of no particular noteworthy status.

VintageBucs
07-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Bob Patterson played 85 through 98 for 5 teams including the Pirates. I believe that is one of them.

Yup, Bob Patterson on the right.
Was thinking John Milner on the left but not really sure as the "J" and "M" don't really line up with examples I've seen.

The other is likely John Flinn, 80s ish pitcher of no particular noteworthy status.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!! Bob Patterson is the right, and John Flinn is the left after looking at examples of their autos. Thank you guys so much!!!!