PDA

View Full Version : National Convention Security

joed25
07-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Hi everyone. I am setting up at the National for the first time. I am renting two show cases (vision cases) for baseballs and I was wondering if anyone can advise me regarding security. Can I leave them overnight in the locked showcase? Should I put the balls in a body bag and lock it? I would love to hear how other members secure their items. Thanks

drcy
07-14-2015, 03:51 PM
Most dealers with booths put the bulk of their stuff in body bags with locks and leave them at the booths overnight. Bulky, heavy stuff in body bags would be hard to steal and I'm sure the place has overnight security, alarms, locked doors, etc. I'd think it's safer to leave valuables in body bags at the convention center than bring it back to a hotel room.

joed25
07-14-2015, 06:49 PM
Thanks. Any idea where I can buy these body bags from?

TaxMechanick
07-14-2015, 07:06 PM
You can contact Levi Bleam from 707 Sportscards.

Glenn

Donscards
07-15-2015, 06:08 AM
I use a bodybag to put my showcases in for overnight---Security is very good for overnight---Be carful during the day hours when selling---there is some thief during showhours--always good to have at least 2 people in your booth watching.

Leon
07-16-2015, 07:33 AM
+1....we usually leave our stuff covered overnight too. And Levi has cases for rent (contact him ahead of time) but not sure about body bags. I have never seen him have those but he might. He and Jim (his right hand guy) are very nice to deal with..

I use a bodybag to put my showcases in for overnight---Security is very good for overnight---Be carful during the day hours when selling---there is some thief during showhours--always good to have at least 2 people in your booth watching.

begsu1013
07-16-2015, 04:04 PM
"put'em in a body bag, johnny!!"

joed25
07-16-2015, 07:41 PM
Thank you everyone for your help