PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Phillies broadsides

Mark70Z
07-14-2015, 03:19 PM
I posted this in the Vintage Memorabilia section w/no response, so I figure I'll try it here to see if I have any luck w/these broadsides.

I've seen a few Philadelphia Phillies broadsides relating to an annual charity game between the Phillies and some other MLB team played at Connie Mack Stadium. The earliest broadside I've seen was the 21st Annual Game where the Phillies played the Detroit Tigers. The top of the sign reads, "Help 50,000 Youngsters Play Sandlot Baseball." This particular game was held on May 5, 1969 and pictures some of the Phillies players and Tigers players. I have the next years game, which is the 22nd Annual Game broadside, where the Phillies played the Baltimore Orioles.

So my question is, is there a listing of all the charity games played and were there broadsides produced for all of the games (or a portion of the games)? Also, when did these charity games end? I figure a die hard Phillies collector would have some type of information on these particular broadsides.

Any help would be great!