PDA

View Full Version : 1959 Dodger Pennant

toyman55
07-13-2015, 05:56 PM
I have never seen this pennant and would love opinions on whether it is real and it's value.
thanks,
Shale

Duluth Eskimo
07-13-2015, 09:39 PM
It's real. Not common, but not really scarce either. The green has faded and the piping is faded and torn on the top. Generally in ExMt condition this is close to a $200 pennant, but in this condition I would say $75-100. Hope this helps. Jason

perezfan
07-14-2015, 08:02 AM
If the sun is just hitting the left side (making the green felt appear lighter) then I could easily see this one going for $150. It's one of the rare variations, as Jason said.

If the green really is faded as is represented in the photo, then I agree... It's worth maybe $100. The reason I wanted to add to this is that the white sheet behing the pennant looks brighter in that area on the left. So if it's s lighting issue, and the green felt is more "consistent/uniform" then it's a better prognosis.

Hope this helps!

Duluth Eskimo
07-14-2015, 10:24 PM
I concur. At second glance, it does appear to be lit with some cheaper yellow bulb. If the green is dark (when compared to the back) then it would still be very collectible. The upside is the tip is in very good shape. There would be interest either way. If faded, I stand by my first opinion.