PDA

View Full Version : T206 Plank reprint just ended

tonyo
07-10-2015, 08:02 PM
So what's everyone's opinion on the t206 Plank reprint that ended recently at $710. Sorry I'm on my phone and can't figure out how to post a link

T.O.

Joshchisox08
07-10-2015, 08:04 PM
Saw that listed earlier what the hell are people thinking ?????? Classic 1 feedback and pictures from a side view. Fuzzy pictures. He even says it's a reprint. Who honestly has $710 to blow for a reprint ???

I'll sell you one for that so I can buy some actual cards.

tonyo
07-10-2015, 08:26 PM
I was looking for a good Plank reprint when I came across it shortly after it was listed. although the scans were fuzzy I thought it looked really good except the corners were all evenly rounded.

I was ready to go maybe $50 on it on the 1% chance it was real and even if it wasn't I had myself a nice looking reprint.

I was pretty surprised when it went up to $300, then really surprised at $710.

I figured whoever won would send it off the grade immediately then ask for a refund if it came back reprint. Then again, the seller does list as reprint.

Joshchisox08
07-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Yup if the seller lists it as a reprint pretty sure that dudes out $710.

Too big a risk for me I still don't even have a Cobb =(
The chances of that Plank being real are 1 in a trillion IMO. The back didn't look right to me at all and the corners were weird.

tonyo
07-10-2015, 08:39 PM
I suppose there is a legitimate Plank out there somewhere in an attic or a drawer or a book that will be discovered one day and listed as a preprint

pokerplyr80
07-11-2015, 12:47 AM
I suppose there is a legitimate Plank out there somewhere in an attic or a drawer or a book that will be discovered one day and listed as a preprint

There probably is a legitimate plank, maybe even a few out there on discovered. The chance of it ending up on Ebay as a reprint, or even with the popular this might be real, it doesn't say reprint, decide for yourself, are very slim.

Anyone who thought there was a 1% chance the card was real would have already looked up the value and submitted it in for grading. Or sold it offline to a dealer or shop that buys cards.

iwantitiwinit
07-11-2015, 05:17 AM
I was looking for a good Plank reprint when I came across it shortly after it was listed. although the scans were fuzzy I thought it looked really good except the corners were all evenly rounded.

I was ready to go maybe $50 on it on the 1% chance it was real and even if it wasn't I had myself a nice looking reprint.

I was pretty surprised when it went up to $300, then really surprised at $710.

I figured whoever won would send it off the grade immediately then ask for a refund if it came back reprint. Then again, the seller does list as reprint.

Ready to pay $50, don't do it. Have we ever heard that one of these cards was real. Save the $50 Tony!!!!

T206Collector
07-11-2015, 07:42 AM
1000% fake. The font is wrong, the box around the image is too dark, and the edges are clearly a tea-stained fraud. It's a nice reprint, but it's not real.

jp1216
07-11-2015, 07:46 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141709855798

Lots of different bidders too.

Joshchisox08
07-11-2015, 08:24 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141709855798

Lots of different bidders too.

Am I alone in being upset that someone would waste $710 on this fake card when you could get yourself a REAL Cobb, Matty, Young, for that price ??

RichardSimon
07-11-2015, 09:15 AM
It has "ware" on it so it must be good.

p.s. Her Wagner is at $560. Are people insane? I don't really need an answer to that.
The dumbing down of America seems to occur all the time on ebay.

tonyo
07-11-2015, 09:56 AM
Am I alone in being upset that someone would waste $710 on this fake card when you could get yourself a REAL Cobb, Matty, Young, for that price ??

Doesn't upset me, I just find it interesting wondering what people's motives may be and what % of the bidders available $$$ $710 represents ....... Is someone's $710 to them like my $50 ( probably more like $20 on this case if it came right down to it ) is to me?

rp12367
07-11-2015, 11:45 AM
My thought is the winner will get the card in hand, examine it, determine if it is a fake (reprint) and they will simply return the card. They are only out a trip to the post office and $3 return postage. E-bay buyer protection will give them a refund no questions asked.

drcy
07-11-2015, 12:37 PM
As I'm apt to say "It's stupid." The card, the listing, the bidding, the final price, everything.

Stupid things happen in the hobby sometimes.

pokerplyr80
07-11-2015, 12:45 PM
My thought is the winner will get the card in hand, examine it, determine if it is a fake (reprint) and they will simply return the card. They are only out a trip to the post office and $3 return postage. E-bay buyer protection will give them a refund no questions asked.

I don't have any experience trying to buy or return a card like this. But since the seller listed it as a reprint, and that's what the buyer got, why would the buyer protection apply?

Assuming there weren't a couple of people putting in fake bids on this one, I think someone just got an expensive lesson in buying ungraded high profile cards online.

rp12367
07-11-2015, 01:32 PM
I don't have any experience trying to buy or return a card like this. But since the seller listed it as a reprint, and that's what the buyer got, why would the buyer protection apply?

Assuming there weren't a couple of people putting in fake bids on this one, I think someone just got an expensive lesson in buying ungraded high profile cards online.

I agree with you 100% she did list as a reprint. But e-bay is all about the buyer now. They will most likely claim the item is not as described, and from my understanding if your not happy with any item you can return the item. There is a loophole in the system, it seems to me like that must be someone's end game, no one in their right mind would pay that amount. Just my 2 cents.

pokerplyr80
07-11-2015, 03:03 PM
I agree with you 100% she did list as a reprint. But e-bay is all about the buyer now. They will most likely claim the item is not as described, and from my understanding if your not happy with any item you can return the item. There is a loophole in the system, it seems to me like that must be someone's end game, no one in their right mind would pay that amount. Just my 2 cents.

I wasn't aware of that loophole but it makes sense in this case. I can't imagine anyone would spend $700 on what they believe is a reprint. The seller does say they don't except returns though, and it would be hard for a buyer to say they received something other than what was described unless they can use this loophole you refer to.