PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Baseball card magazines?

hawaiian bam bam
07-10-2015, 12:52 AM
hello,
can anyone tell me if there are any good vintage baseball card magazines still in publication? thanks fro any and all help.

ALR-bishop
07-10-2015, 06:45 AM
I still subscribe to Sports Collector's Digest. It is not what it once was but has articles and info on both pre war and older post war issues and current hobby news and info.

In what part of the islands do you reside ?

Zach Wheat
07-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Old Cardboard is the only one I subscribe to.

I also like reviewing the articles in "VCBC" or Vintage & Classic Baseball Collector. Although you wanted publications still in print - VCBC is out of print, having ended publication in June 2004 - this magazine has a lot of good articles on sets from the 50's, 60's & 70's. You can find a number of copies on eBay - and the articles are still fairly contemporary. The hardest part about these issues is finding an Index to tell what each issue was about....so you know what to search for....if you are doing a topical search. I have not been able to locate an issue by issue summary to date. A summary of the sets covered is detailed in the thread noted below, but it is by no means comprehensive. The old N54 thread is here:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=91711

VCBC tended to cover as much about memorabilia, player profiles, etc. It was one of the few magazines to cover areas I knew nothing about like Tintypes, etc.

Z

hawaiian bam bam
07-12-2015, 01:09 AM
thank you, i will check those out, i appreciate your help.