PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad Ali signed glove, what say you?

mcgwirecom
07-09-2015, 05:07 PM
I bought this glove years ago (back in 1996) from a guy who was supposedly set up at a show where Ali was signing. He told me all the dealers got one free autograph so he bought a glove and had it signed. I matched it against examples from that era and thought it looked good. But I am no expert. He dated it but I am not real sure what that says, looks like '94.

w7imel
07-09-2015, 06:05 PM
thought good at first but never seen ali in the condition he was in back then to date anything...it is possible signatere is real but date was in someones hands besides ali....but the way his hands shook the few times I saw him no way he put date on as well. I am leaning toward no good, But will wait for the experts to confirm my concerns.

MikeKam
07-09-2015, 06:15 PM
thought good at first but never seen ali in the condition he was in back then to date anything...it is possible signatere is real but date was in someones hands besides ali....but the way his hands shook the few times I saw him no way he put date on as well. I am leaning toward no good, But will wait for the experts to confirm my concerns.

He dated into the 2000s, and I think this glove is likely good.

Duluth Eskimo
07-09-2015, 08:18 PM
I think it's good too. Ali had his good days and bad during these signings by that time. I got him a few times in person during that time frame. Looks good when compared to items I had done at that time. Jason

w7imel
07-10-2015, 01:51 PM
He dated into the 2000s, and I think this glove is likely good.

the signature does look alot like mine...just hadnt seen dated examples so thanks for correcting me.

mcgwirecom
07-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I really thought it looked good and the seller was a decent guy who sold me other good items. However this signature was rebuffed with extreme prejudice by one of the BIG TPA's! Just goes to show you, they don't know everything, they just think they do.

MikeKam
07-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I really thought it looked good and the seller was a decent guy who sold me other good items. However this signature was rebuffed with extreme prejudice by one of the BIG TPA's! Just goes to show you, they don't know everything, they just think they do.

If you want an experienced opinion, look at getting Shaun's quick opinion at www.aliautos.net

mcgwirecom
07-10-2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks I think I will