PDA

View Full Version : 2016: Which show should we attend?

byrone
07-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Since I'm unable to attend the 2015 National in Chicago and don't want to go to the 2016 National in Atlantic City, what is the best show to attend in 2016?

I've seen many other regular shows mentioned (Washington State, Philly, etc.)

What is the best alternative to the National in 2016?

vintagesportscollector
07-09-2015, 06:02 PM
That may depend on what your interests are. What do you collect? Some of the other shows are lite on memorabilia. If you are traveling from PEI I would just got to AC if you can make it.

byrone
07-10-2015, 02:15 PM
That may depend on what your interests are. What do you collect? Some of the other shows are lite on memorabilia. If you are traveling from PEI I would just got to AC if you can make it.

Interested in many things (vintage and modern cards, autographs, game worn, etc.).

Traveling is not an issue, will fly anywhere.

Would be nice to check out a game or two of the local pro teams, and also check out the local area as well

porkchops
07-10-2015, 02:26 PM
My last National was when it was in Atlantic City . If I'm still breathing
next year I'll have to hop the train and go again .
Ken

PM770
07-10-2015, 02:42 PM
There is always a lot of vintage at the Strongsville (Ohio) Sports Collectors show - April 15-17 2016. They have been an advertiser on Net54 in the past.

Jewish-collector
07-10-2015, 09:11 PM
I would say the Philly show is one of the best, if not the best (other than the National)

http://www.phillyshow.com

Wildfireschulte
07-10-2015, 09:59 PM
In my opinion, you should attend whatever show that Leon is buying the beer at night (and light hors dourves).

vintagesportscollector
07-10-2015, 10:16 PM
If you plan on going to the Philly show you might as well just go to the National. The Philly show is actually not in Philly, but a half hour outside in King of Prussia PA. AC is just an hour from Philadelphia. If you don't want to go to the National because it's in AC, the Philly show is not a good alternative if you are going to end up visting Philadelphia anyway. (No comparison between the two shows). Consider visiting some of the great Jersey Shore towns and destinations ( that are not AC), and go to the National.