PDA

View Full Version : OT: My son's all-star team that I manage

t206hound
07-09-2015, 07:27 AM
A nice article by the local online paper. We were an outmatched team in our Cal Ripken state tournament hitting only one home run while giving up 13. We also didn't have a dominate pitcher (or two) that most squads had... I pitched ten different guys across 5 games. All that said, this team was able to scratch out two extra inning wins to finish third in the tourney. Just wanted to share a youth baseball story with this group:

http://www.germantownpulse.net/#!UMAC-12U-Baseball-Team-Places-Third-in-State-Tournament/cjds/559dd90d0cf2e0b7612e367b

GregMitch34
07-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Congrats. I managed our local Little League "Juniors" (age 13/14) to the NY state finals a few years back. We lost but then discovered, too late, that the other team had used a star player who was ineligible.....not for being too old, but for being too young! I wonder if that was a first for a state tourney anywhere....Anyway, still a great ride.... In contrast, I wrote a book a few years earlier about coaching my son's team to a title...just in the local "Minors" Little League level when he was 9. Quite a contrast but those two teams kind of spans the years and levels....

steve B
07-09-2015, 01:32 PM
What a great story.

And a wonderful example for them on being a team and not giving up.

Steve B