PDA

View Full Version : Question for Pinbacks Guys

MK
06-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Does anybody know anything about this pin? Is it really baseball or was the ribbon and ball added?

vintagesportscollector
06-29-2015, 01:55 PM
I believe I recall seeing at one point that pin being sold as Cornell, and the ribbon and ball were not there. Regardless, the ball and ribbon were added, as was common for generic college pins. Often see a plastic football or other charms added with the ribbon.

batsballsbases
06-29-2015, 02:55 PM
It is Cornell and was a little surprised when I saw it because the person selling it is also a member of this board and does know better!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Here is my 01 cornell pin. I know I have others but this I think will do as an example....

MK
06-29-2015, 03:19 PM
Thanks Al. I knew it wasn't what he has it listed as.

batsballsbases
06-29-2015, 03:26 PM
Thanks Al. I knew it wasn't what he has it listed as.

No problem Mike! And be a little careful in the Hakes auction as some of those pins arenot what they are stated to be!:rolleyes:

sporteq
06-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Hello- thanks for the great 411 info! I bought this in a group Cardinals sports memorabilia about a decade ago. I did some research and couldn't find the logo history. Even Cornell University has a Block "C" and the round "C" kinda tough to pinpoint the year.. I'm ending the auction, thanks!

Good stuff!

Albert

vintagesportscollector
06-29-2015, 03:48 PM
Hello- thanks for the great 411 info! I bought this in a group Cardinals sports memorabilia about a decade ago. I did some research and couldn't find the logo history. Even Cornell University has a Block "C" and the round "C" kinda tough to pinpoint the year.. I'm ending the auction, thanks!

Good stuff!

Albert

You can relist it as Cornell...I may be interested ;). And as for block v. round, Cornell used all types of Cs on various pieces of memorabilia, some official, some not...block, round, cursive, etc. This may not have been an official university production. Guessing they were issued for reunion one year, given all the different years.

batsballsbases
06-29-2015, 03:51 PM

Good stuff!

Albert

No problem Albert but its not that hard to pinpoint the year as its printed right on the pin! And the Cardinals have never used that kind of logo....:rolleyes:

batsballsbases
06-29-2015, 03:55 PM
You can relist it as Cornell...I may be interested ;). And as for block v. round, Cornell used all types of Cs on various pieces of memorabilia, some official, some not...block, round, cursive, etc. This may not have been an official university production. Guessing they were issued for reunion one year, given all the different years.

Hi Joe,
My 01 might be for sale if you have an intrest!;);):D:D

sporteq
06-29-2015, 03:55 PM

Thanks again.. it was cool to see another example. Send me a msg if you have interest.

No problem Albert but its not that hard to pinpoint the year as its printed right on the pin! And the Cardinals have never used that kind of logo....:rolleyes:

No no lol... pinpoint the logo history from Cornell. It seems they used different variations of the "C" Yes- I do see "34"........... haha

Thanks!!

springpin
06-29-2015, 07:51 PM
The date on the pin is not the year of issuance. It is a reunion pin. So in 1946 the class of '06 would be celebrating its 40th reunion, for example.

vintagesportscollector
06-29-2015, 07:57 PM
The date on the pin is not the year of issuance. It is a reunion pin. So in 1946 the class of '06 would be celebrating its 40th reunion, for example.

Right, here's one for the class of 1896..issued maybe in 1946 for 50th reunion possibly.