PDA

View Full Version : Any questions for Toad Ramsey? Possible Ouija board session tomorrow night.

baztacula
06-28-2015, 10:08 AM
OK, now that I finally have my Ramsey card, I think I've convinced my friend Abby to come over so we can try to contact Toad's restless spirit. She wants to ask about his dalliances with scarlet women. I'm curious if the stories about him imbibing three "Toad Ramsey cocktails" a day are true. Such a cocktail supposedly consisted of a pitcher of beer mixed with a pint of whiskey. Three a day? That sounds made up.

Any other questions?

familytoad
06-28-2015, 10:30 AM
I guess due to the silly screen name I chose, I would be the right guy to respond to your Ouija request :D

I used the moniker Horny Toads when I first played Rotisserie Baseball in 1986 (!)
About 6 years later, as my first child was due, I adjusted to the Family Toads which I have used ever since. I don't particularly care for the name, but it's what I got now!

So, please ask Mr Ramsey how he feels about his nickname. The early years of baseball had some colorful (and even offensive) nicknames , but I don't think there were many called Toad!
What's his "real" story? :p

baztacula
06-28-2015, 11:28 AM
I guess due to the silly screen name I chose, I would be the right guy to respond to your Ouija request :D

I used the moniker Horny Toads when I first played Rotisserie Baseball in 1986 (!)
About 6 years later, as my first child was due, I adjusted to the Family Toads which I have used ever since. I don't particularly care for the name, but it's what I got now!

So, please ask Mr Ramsey how he feels about his nickname. The early years of baseball had some colorful (and even offensive) nicknames , but I don't think there were many called Toad!
What's his "real" story? :p
From what I've read, his nickname was given to him due to the fact that he was a rather pudgy gentleman who sort of resembled a toad. I'm concerned that Mr. Ramsey's spirit, out of embarrassment, may lie and say that it was given to him for his ability to catch flies. I'm hopeful that if I start off the question by pointing out that it came from someone named "familytoad" it will disarm him and he will be truthful in his response.

z28jd
06-28-2015, 01:09 PM
Did he invent the knuckleball?

baztacula
06-30-2015, 03:22 PM
After a few minutes of inactivity, the Ouija Board burst to life with responses from Thomas Ramsey on Monday evening. The mystical correspondence left little doubt that Mr. Ramsey was happy to hear from his 21st Century fans, as there was an undeniable feeling of loneliness being conveyed by Mr. Ramsey during the session. Highlights included:

1) Mr. Ramsey prefers to be called Tom and not 'Toad'. We didn't get the impression that he liked the nickname.
2) He does indeed claim to be the inventor of the knuckleball.
3) He follows modern baseball and has enjoyed its evolution.
4) He seemed to be impressed with the hitting of Miguel Cabrera.
5) He was less impressed with the recent pitching exploits of Justin Verlander.
6) He denies ever drinking three entire Toad Ramsey cocktails in a single day.
7) He didn't deny alcohol consumption, however. He said he drank to help ease emotional pain.
8) He loved the ladies, boasting to have taken 37 lovers during his time on Earth.
9) He spoke of fathering a child named Peter in 1886.
10) He would appreciate future Earthly communications as he is not in the company of family members in the spirit world.