PDA

View Full Version : Seen any concerts lately?

RichardSimon
06-25-2015, 07:06 PM
I have been going non stop lately, many of my favorites have come to NYC.

Eric Clapton
The Who
VAN MORRISON !!!
Billy Joel
John Fogerty

all in the past few weeks.

CW
06-25-2015, 08:43 PM
I saw these old farts last Friday in Toronto, and it might've been the best concert of my life. They (Rush) are playing MSG on Monday. :)

Leon
06-26-2015, 06:51 AM
I/we have kind of gone from classical rock to more country lately.....Saw Zac Brown earlier this year, Darrius Rucker last week and going to see Rascal Flatts in a few months.......

CW
06-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Zac Brown is one country artist that I wouldn't mind seeing in concert. From what I've heard on Pandora, his live sets sound just like the albums.

Cmount76
06-26-2015, 02:42 PM
The Dave Matthews Band - My 67th show over the past 22 years. The most recent one was at Jones Beach on Long Island earlier this month. Quiet year for me because of the birth of my first child. I did manage to get to 9 last year, in 5 states.

"Eat, drink, and be merry - for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews

cool-vintage
06-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Not yet but July 9th I'm seeing Rush.

Beatles Guy
06-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Saw Rush in St. Louis last month and Willie Nelson in April. Next up is Alice In Chains and Foo Fighters in August and The Who in December (rescheduled from May). My wife and I go to a lot of concerts.

2dueces
07-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Saw Wishbone Ash twice in April. Still rocking and Can't beat $20 tickets. Small venues front row. Awesome shows!

OldEnglishD
07-15-2015, 08:47 AM
Saw The Rolling Stones last week - those guys continue to amaze.

Wish I would have seen the current Rush tour, no good excuse for that one.

BB King was on my list, but sadly, that won't happen now.

Last year was Bob Seeger and then the Eagles.

Next up, Steely Dan and Elvis Costello. I hope they do a couple songs together!

On my list - James Taylor, The Tragically Hip, Robert Cray, AD/DC

benderbroeth
07-15-2015, 12:44 PM
going to see John Mellencamp next Tuesday, then Jackson Browne on August 4th

judsonhamlin
07-15-2015, 05:45 PM
Last one (at my 15 y/o daughter's insistence) was Crosby, Stills and Nash. She is in full retro mode and knew all the lyrics to their hits.
The Trews will be at City Winery in NYC in a few weeks and that should be my next gig

bnorth
07-15-2015, 06:39 PM
Saw The Rolling Stones last week - those guys continue to amaze.

Wish I would have seen the current Rush tour, no good excuse for that one.

BB King was on my list, but sadly, that won't happen now.

Last year was Bob Seeger and then the Eagles.

Next up, Steely Dan and Elvis Costello. I hope they do a couple songs together!

On my list - James Taylor, The Tragically Hip, Robert Cray, AD/DC

That is one of the few bad things about living out in the middle of the sticks. Any decent concert is going to be at least a few 100 miles away.

Dave AC/DC is amazing. I have seen them 3 times. The first time was for the Who Made Who Tour and they where so loud they cracked the brick arena so bad a decible limit was put in place after that concert. I also seen them in Amsterdam at the Ajax Arena in 2009 and it was by far the best concert I have ever been to. What I can remember of it anyway.:D

talkinbaseball
07-17-2015, 03:30 PM
My wife, youngest son and his girlfriend saw the Eagles this past Wednesday night at the Hartford Civic Center in Hartford Connecticut.

It was awesome,

They played 27 songs.

They started it with Saturday Night, closed the first set with Take It to the Limit.
The second set was much more Rock.

I won't tell you anymore in case your going to see them

an eagles fan for many years.

john

the 'stache
07-17-2015, 06:03 PM
I saw Rush on May 18th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. First show I've been to in seven years. They were incredible, as always.

midmo
07-17-2015, 11:37 PM
Earlier this summer I went to the Shaky Knees Festival in Atlanta. Spent a few days in Nashville checking out bands. Then saw Willie Nelson/Beck in Kansas City. Last Friday I saw Jane's Addiction in Pittsburgh. Heading to NYC next month for Hum/Failure, then going to Chicago for Riot Fest. Tons of local bands in between.

Pretty bummed I missed Rush when they came through. It's probably been 20 years since I last saw them. It sounds like this might have been the last shot.

Leon
07-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Saw Darrius Rucker recently and am going to Rascal Flatts soon....looking to get more Zach Brown tickets (*probably my favorite current band)

Bestdj777
07-18-2015, 06:50 PM
I just saw Taylor Swift and going to see Kenny Chesney and a couple of smaller concerts later this year.

jfkheat
08-09-2015, 08:43 PM
My last concert was Lady Antebellum last year in Greenville SC.
James

thedutymon
08-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Morning,

Lot of talk about Rush, seen them 39 times now, somebody said maybe this years tour would be last, I hope not, would like to see them 20-30 more times!

This month (Sept.) I have Wishbone Ash....Been a Fan for 45 years and this will be the first time I've ever seen them, have like 50 different albums by them with different line-ups, only one original member from the late 60's.

Then its Duran Duran at Red Rocks, best place on the Earth to see concerts, been to over 600 there.

Then Best Coast a new California band I'm into.

Next is an International act called Empire of the Sun, a little out there, but I really like a couple of their anthem style songs.

All in Denver for September, haven't even started to look at October yet!:D:D:D

Neil

nsaddict
08-29-2015, 03:04 PM
Saw one of my favs early August, Cheap Trick and last Saturday AC/DC at Gillette Stadium. Neither one disappointed :)

cool-vintage
08-29-2015, 10:00 PM
Found out one of my favorite (and probably the first metal band I listened to) Underoath is going on a Rebirth tour next year after being on hiatus for a few years. Only problem is I'm currently at school and they aren't playing near where I am...looks like I'm going to have to be "sick" that day. I know it's a bit early, but is it ever too early to look forward to a concert?

jiw98
08-31-2015, 02:51 PM
Crowder and Mathew West on back to back nights at Unity Fest in mid Aug. Both shows were great, as was the music festival overall.

talkinbaseball
08-31-2015, 06:18 PM
Joe Walsh soon on October 16th at Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.

john

Section103
09-01-2015, 01:30 PM
Morning,

Lot of talk about Rush, seen them 39 times now, somebody said maybe this years tour would be last, I hope not, would like to see them 20-30 more times!

This month (Sept.) I have Wishbone Ash....Been a Fan for 45 years and this will be the first time I've ever seen them, have like 50 different albums by them with different line-ups, only one original member from the late 60's.

Then its Duran Duran at Red Rocks, best place on the Earth to see concerts, been to over 600 there.

Then Best Coast a new California band I'm into.

Next is an International act called Empire of the Sun, a little out there, but I really like a couple of their anthem style songs.

All in Denver for September, haven't even started to look at October yet!:D:D:D

Neil

Caught the Psychedelic Furs at the Ogden last night. Great, great show. The Church opened, but man, the lead singers voice is g-o-n-e.

basesareempty
09-02-2015, 07:27 AM
[QUOTE=Leon;1432603]Saw Darrius Rucker recently and am going to Rascal Flatts soon....looking to get more Zach Brown tickets (*probably my favorite current band)[/QUOTE

Brothers Osborne is one of the opening acts on Darius Ruckers current tour. They are from our hometown. Have met them several times when they come home at the local watering hole. Nice guys who are making their way in country music.

pariah1107
09-03-2015, 02:45 PM
Went to see Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands (Screaming Trees), and Star Anna at the Brick in Roslyn for the DNR fireman's relief fund in Washington during this unprecedented season. When Star laid into her cover of "Play with Fire" (Stones) the room was electric...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiItBm9os34&feature=youtu.be

RichardSimon
09-08-2015, 10:22 PM
Van Morrison in Forest Hills, NY.
Fantastic show

familytoad
09-09-2015, 09:02 PM
Went to see Mark Pickerel & His Praying Hands (Screaming Trees), and Star Anna at the Brick in Roslyn for the DNR fireman's relief fund in Washington during this unprecedented season. When Star laid into her cover of "Play with Fire" (Stones) the room was electric...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiItBm9os34&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for that link , Ty!
Great, sultry rendition of "play with fire":p
Though I never had heard of Star Anna, I always enjoy discovering new music.

And you sure are right about the wildfire season in Washington. It was an unreal, dry hot summer, and unfortunately , our forests are hyper susceptible:(

Some real life heroes died fighting the fires this year. The fund raiser sounds like a great idea.

LEHR
09-10-2015, 09:01 AM
I saw my favorite band again last Thursday and the venue they played at was only 10 blocks from my house. Win-win!

http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo39/plehr555/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150904_134759_zpsjpmyuvrd.jpg (http://s359.photobucket.com/user/plehr555/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150904_134759_zpsjpmyuvrd.jpg.html)

esd10
11-03-2015, 01:13 PM
I went and saw icp(insane clown posse) last weekend in Columbus. you might laugh but i have listened to them since middle school around 94-95 and still love the music.

bdangelo
11-13-2015, 08:03 AM
I saw the Psychedelic Furs last week. Still sound as good as they did when they played 1980s alternative stuff.

Bob

I have been going non stop lately, many of my favorites have come to NYC.

Eric Clapton
The Who
VAN MORRISON !!!
Billy Joel
John Fogerty

all in the past few weeks.

Beatles Guy
11-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Upcoming I have:

Punch Brothers
The Who (rescheduled for the 2nd time)
Dead & Company (possibly)

powderfinger
11-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Got to see the Stones on June 23 and Neil Young on July 5 at the same venue in Milwaukee. First time for the Stones since 1972 and haven't seen Neil since CSNY. Looking forward to Jason Isbell in February.

Paul S
11-25-2015, 06:57 AM
Got to see the Stones on June 23 and Neil Young on July 5 at the same venue in Milwaukee. First time for the Stones since 1972 and haven't seen Neil since CSNY. Looking forward to Jason Isbell in February.

Hey, 1972 - that was The Stones Exile On Main Street tour. I saw them at The Forum in Inglewood, L.A. Stevie Wonder opened for them (his Talking Book record had just come out). Totally great concert! The last time I saw the Stones was 1989, the Steel Wheels tour. My nephew had just moved to NY and was staying with me, was listening to the radio and won two tickets for being ?#-caller contest. He took me with him because he couldn't decide between two other friends his own age. It was either at Shea or Yankee Stadium - I don't recall exactly. BTW, I'm in the Waiting On A Friend video, they filmed it at a bar I used to manage in the East Village.

Joshchisox08
12-03-2015, 09:53 AM
This year was only two:

Neil Young
Motorhead \m/\m/

Jantz
12-03-2015, 08:57 PM
Cooper & Crue in September this year.

Next year.....

Maiden in April

Black Sabbath in August

rsn1661
12-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Been to only 3 this year. The first was a 2 day event at the Horseshoe in Columbus Ohio. It was the Buckeye Country Superfest The Lineup was

Saturday, June 20
Blake Shelton
Rascal Flatts
Lee Brice
Tyler Farr
Cassadee Pope

Sunday, June 21
Kenny Chesney
Keith Urban
Cole Swindell
David Nail
Parmalee

All the acts were excellent except for David Nail. He played maybe 40 minutes and acted as though he would have loved to have been anywhere else. I know someone who saw him with Darius Rucker a couple weeks ago in Dayton and he said he was the same.

About a month and a half ago saw Night Ranger, Foreigner and Def Leppard at The Shott in Columbus. All bands were great, with Foreigner being the best of them. Have to say though, that Joe Elliot's voice has seen some better days. Then again, I am not in my 20's anymore either.

The last show I saw was last night. I went to get some stuff a few days ago at Menard's and saw a box to sign up for a contest run by the local tv stations. I had no idea what the prizes were. They called me the next day and said I had won Home Free Christmas concert tickets. I had never heard of Home Free, but my wife said they are an acapella group that won a tv show called The Sing Off. She wanted to go, so I took her and was prepared for the most boring night of my life as I am more into 70's rock. By the time I left the auditorium they had me hooked. It was one of the most enjoyable concerts I have been to.

I would recommend that anyone go see them.

cool-vintage
12-14-2015, 09:45 PM
Going to see '68 open for Fit for A King later this month. I am mainly going for '68. It always shocks me when I remember '68 is a two-piece band.

I listened to their vocalist's (Josh Scogin) old band The Chariot, Josh was also the vocalist for Norma Jean.

RichardSimon
12-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Bruce in January at MSG.

pawpawdiv9
12-20-2015, 01:03 PM
Geez! love the ol rock n rollers, but never been to one of them. Its been a number of years, maybe 2003-2006?? But i was in Panama City Beach and i think it was sunshine of my love' they play and some country dude was the headliner- i left as he started, cuz he sounded drunk as shit. The day after , guys at work were near front row, and said the same thing.
Aside, anyone got those Adele tickets? or did those scalpers got them all for 10-12k a pop. HeLLO?? it will be old and gone by the time she visits our area.

Jantz
04-06-2016, 12:55 AM
Went to a Iron Maiden concert tonight and it was a great show.

Last time I saw them was in 88.

Stampsfan
04-06-2016, 01:08 AM
Last Friday night took my two daughters to see the Offspring, with Gob opening up. First time for Gob, several times for the Offspring. Sound was shit in the venue, but the show was hard driving, lots of fun. Became a bit of a Gob fan after seeing them.

bnorth
04-06-2016, 08:37 AM
Last Friday night took my two daughters to see the Offspring, with Gob opening up. First time for Gob, several times for the Offspring. Sound was shit in the venue, but the show was hard driving, lots of fun. Became a bit of a Gob fan after seeing them.

Offspring is playing at a pawnshop here tomorrow. Hate their(pawnshop) Thursday night concerts, can't wait till they move them to Saturday nights.

benderbroeth
05-29-2016, 02:15 AM
Got the privilege to see Paul Simon this last Wednesday. Also had a blast at Billy Joel a week ago. I enjoyed Billy Joel a little bit more, better sound and I knew more of his music.

Jantz
06-24-2016, 11:09 AM
Alice in Chains & Guns N Roses last night.

Ford Field, Detroit

The energy in the stadium while Guns n Roses were playing was unreal.

RichardSimon
06-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Hey, 1972 - that was The Stones Exile On Main Street tour. I saw them at The Forum in Inglewood, L.A. Stevie Wonder opened for them (his Talking Book record had just come out). Totally great concert! The last time I saw the Stones was 1989, the Steel Wheels tour. My nephew had just moved to NY and was staying with me, was listening to the radio and won two tickets for being ?#-caller contest. He took me with him because he couldn't decide between two other friends his own age. It was either at Shea or Yankee Stadium - I don't recall exactly. BTW, I'm in the Waiting On A Friend video, they filmed it at a bar I used to manage in the East Village.

Paul,
It was at Shea, I was also there. And Jagger remarked how the Mets did not have a good season :(.

talkinbaseball
06-28-2016, 05:13 PM
Jackson Browne at Oakdale in CT, soon Joe Walsh and then Don Henley in Sept.

John

clydepepper
06-28-2016, 07:35 PM
Nope.

mmcgruff
06-28-2016, 08:25 PM
David Bowie in Jacksonville, Fl. of all places in 1990 on the sound and vision tour! Adrian Belew was there in his band as well. Standing up we were right against the stage. Awesome concert!

Cmount76
06-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Springsteen at Barclays in Brooklyn about a month ago and the Dave Matthews Band at Jones Beach about a week ago...

I'll check in in a couple of more weeks when I can update... :D

RichardSimon
06-30-2016, 06:20 AM
Paul Simon tonight in Forest Hills, NY.
Simon is coming home :).
Will update tomw.
Paul put on another wonderful show. I have been seeing him for as long as I can remember.
--
He was as good as ever though not quite as nimble on stage as I remember.
Guess he has to make concessions to age.

RichardSimon
08-08-2016, 08:07 AM
August 7.
A great McCartney show once again.
Definitely an older crowd but a scattering of youth throughout the stadium.
Sitting behind me was a grandmother, a mother and two girls about 10-12 years old.
When I commended the mom for instilling her daughters with musical taste she said that her mother did it for her and she is doing it now.
She said every morning her kids get breakfast with The Beatles.
The girls knew the words to many songs.

robsbessette
08-09-2016, 07:13 PM
Pearl Jam at Fenway Park. I'm not normally a huge into concerts, but they put on one heck of a show. Some awesome covers too including Comfortably Numb.

Iwantmorecards77
08-14-2016, 10:57 PM
...finally seeing some shows again.

Slipknot and Marilyn Manson last month. Korn and Rob Zombie later this month.

Good times!

Beatles Guy
08-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Paul McCartney Saturday night at Busch Stadium. Great show and I took my son Jude to see it.

bbcard1
08-15-2016, 03:13 PM
I have Kiss on the schedule for next month. Will have seen them at 16, 36 and 56, which is pretty cool, IMO.

rgpete
08-15-2016, 03:35 PM
Seen Parmalee and got to meet them backstage

chud
09-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Several people mentioned seeing Rush.
I last saw them on the R40 Tour on July 25, 2015 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The first time I saw them was in 1986.

Jantz
09-01-2016, 10:32 AM
I went and seen these guys last night.

chud
09-01-2016, 03:44 PM

How was it?
When I went and saw Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals), they were great.
But I've been hesitant about this Sabbath tour with Ozzy, because I've seen Ozzy a few times over the years and been underwhelmed.

irv
09-01-2016, 07:04 PM
...finally seeing some shows again.

Slipknot and Marilyn Manson last month. Korn and Rob Zombie later this month.

Good times!

A couple friends from work seen them a week or so ago in Toronto. Both said it was a great show.

Black Sabbath just played here in Toronto the other night as well. Also heard it was a great show, which I can understand, seeing as it's the original members.

How was it?
When I went and saw Heaven and Hell (Black Sabbath with Dio on vocals), they were great.
But I've been hesitant about this Sabbath tour with Ozzy, because I've seen Ozzy a few times over the years and been underwhelmed.

Great album! :)

Jantz
09-01-2016, 07:10 PM
How was it?

I thought they put on a good show and really enjoyed the concert.

talkinbaseball
09-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Don Henley coming up on Sept. 20th in Boston.

john

earlywynnfan
09-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Saw Paul McCartney a couple weeks ago and he was INCREDIBLE.

Took my mother, whose first concert was the Beatles in Cleveland in 1964.

RichardSimon
09-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Van Morrison,, Forest Hills, NY on Oct 9,, fortunately there is no NL playoff game scheduled for that night so I won't miss a Mets game. :D

rsn1661
09-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Its been a pretty good summer for concerts for me. Started with Parmalee playing here in Lima Ohio. Tickets didn't sell real good and managed to get 11th row seats for half price. Came to $42 for the pair. After that was the Buckeye Country Superfest at Ohio Stadium Day one was A Thousand Horses, Aaron Lewis, Thomas Rhett, Lady Antebellum and Jason Aldean. Day 2 was The Swon Brothers, Jarrod Niemann, Randy Howser, Dierks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan. I have been to this show 2 years running and it is great. Aug 12 saw KISS for the 11th time. Great as always. Been my favorite band since 76. 2 weeks ago saw Kelsea Ballerini and Rascal Flatts in Lima at the county fair.. Not to impressed with her, but Rascal Flatts was excellent as always. Just got back yesterday from Lexington KY. They have a 3 day Labor Day show called Red White and Boom at the Lexington Legends minor league ballpark. We only went to day 3 which had Canaan Smith, Jon Pardi, Cole Swindell and Florida Georgia Line. All 4 bands were enjoyable. Possibly Keith Urban coming up in Oct in Toledo, wifes work permitting.

Could have seen Ted Nugent in town here last monday, but didn't. Love his music, but he needs to take a cue from the title of an old Frank Zappa album, and Shut Up And Play Your Guitar. Tickets were 60 and 70 and he only plays 11 songs. The last few days you could get them discounted on Groupon. I have seen him several times and he plays great, but enough of the political stuff. Didn't want to listen to a whole night of that, and being an election year there was a bunch of it. According the the review in the paper and what some friends told me he came out and spent the first 2 or 3 minutes bashing Obama and Hillary before he played the first note. To me, thats not a concert, it is more of a political rally. I WANT MUSIC!

Gobucsmagic74
09-06-2016, 02:12 PM
Phish coming up October 16th in Jacksonville. Haven't been to a Phish show since the mid-90's...can't wait!

FourStrikes
09-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Its been a pretty good summer for concerts for me. Started with Parmalee playing here in Lima Ohio. Tickets didn't sell real good and managed to get 11th row seats for half price. Came to $42 for the pair. After that was the Buckeye Country Superfest at Ohio Stadium Day one was A Thousand Horses, Aaron Lewis, Thomas Rhett, Lady Antebellum and Jason Aldean. Day 2 was The Swon Brothers, Jarrod Niemann, Randy Howser, Dierks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan. I have been to this show 2 years running and it is great. Aug 12 saw KISS for the 11th time. Great as always. Been my favorite band since 76. 2 weeks ago saw Kelsea Ballerini and Rascal Flatts in Lima at the county fair.. Not to impressed with her, but Rascal Flatts was excellent as always. Just got back yesterday from Lexington KY. They have a 3 day Labor Day show called Red White and Boom at the Lexington Legends minor league ballpark. We only went to day 3 which had Canaan Smith, Jon Pardi, Cole Swindell and Florida Georgia Line. All 4 bands were enjoyable. Possibly Keith Urban coming up in Oct in Toledo, wifes work permitting.

Could have seen Ted Nugent in town here last monday, but didn't. Love his music, but he needs to take a cue from the title of an old Frank Zappa album, and Shut Up And Play Your Guitar. Tickets were 60 and 70 and he only plays 11 songs. The last few days you could get them discounted on Groupon. I have seen him several times and he plays great, but enough of the political stuff. Didn't want to listen to a whole night of that, and being an election year there was a bunch of it. According the the review in the paper and what some friends told me he came out and spent the first 2 or 3 minutes bashing Obama and Hillary before he played the first note. To me, thats not a concert, it is more of a political rally. I WANT MUSIC!

agree 1000% (as if that's even possible?!)...saw Springsteen many years ago, considered taking Mom to see Streisand a few tmes, but...never saw Nugent, and while I like his MUSIC (dating back to the mid/late 1970's - I'm a 50-something) I also wouldn't appreciate all of the political BS...cut out all of the political crap and do what we (the paying ticket holders) are paying for: play your freakin' music!...I remember when I took my parents to see Little Richard in a small, local club back in the early/mid-1990's, and 2/3rds of his on-stage time was spent bitching about how the industry and in-person crowd was ripping him off w/photos/bootleg videos rather than concentrating on his music (which - when he actually played that evening - was outstanding!) as we expected, even getting vociferously bood and cutting his performance short by 1/3 or more...again, as an entertainer, STFU and play!...

in LR's case, I understand piracy laws, but STFU and PERFORM!

while I can - at least somewhat - understand individual stances on issues, - entertainers AND athletes, especially the recent (perhaps misguided?, depending on individual perspectives) opportunity to take advantage of their status/perceived self-importance - save THAT crap for interviews and op-ed articles when the target audience had minimal expectations or $$$ invested...

JMO.

DS

talkinbaseball
09-22-2016, 05:11 PM
Roxanne and I saw Don Henley and his 15 piece band Tuesday night in Boston. Ma.
He Dedicated the last song to Glenn Frey which was the first one he co-wrote with him.
It was a great show.

any guess what the last song was?

john

Jayworld
09-23-2016, 08:21 AM
I'll be seeing Kansas live on October 15 at the Majestic Theater in Dallas. Will be the fifth time to see them since 1991, and the first time with their new lead singer, Ronnie Platt. Their new album, The Prelude Implicit (first new album in 16 years) was released today, and it is fantastic!

thescooper
09-25-2016, 08:26 PM
Been a while but took a lady to see Meatloaf on 11 september 1994 and am still with her 22 years later

midmo
09-27-2016, 02:45 PM
Paul McCartney Saturday night at Busch Stadium. Great show and I took my son Jude to see it.

That's awesome. I really wanted to catch that show, but was travelling and missed it.

I saw Slayer and Anthrax in St Louis last week. \m/(-.-)\m/

Seeing Jason Isbell, the Avett Brothers, Nathaniel Rateliff, etc at a festival this weekend.

mantleman
09-28-2016, 11:41 AM
Just noticed this thread!

I saw Guns and Roses in Toronto in July...............phenomenal concert, well over 3 hours long. I am a huge SLASH fan and have followed him for the last few years doing his solo thing (3 times live) but to see him with Duff and Axl was beyond words.

It was the concert where someone on his road crew had been caught at the border with a gun!

Axl sounded great, yes his voice has changed a little but he hit the notes when he had to and SLASH slayed his solos.

A memorable night!!

Andy

judsonhamlin
09-29-2016, 07:31 PM
My daughter chose his concert at the Beacon in NYC last week in lieu of other gifts for her 17th birthday and saw one of the best shows I've been to in a long time. His voice is still moving and I was reminded how amazing his songwriting and musical phrasing really is. It was his first show in the city in 40 years. I was glad we got to see him.
Off to Graham Nash Saturday, Squeeze in a couple of weeks and then the Monkees later in October.

I also feel like I've done something right if my daughter would rather see Cat Stevens than anything else for her birthday.

Snapolit1
10-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Saw Tom Jones at a small theater in NJ last week. What a hoot. Guy is in his 70s and the voice hasn't lost anything. Remarkable performer. Full house, had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Not someone I ever thought I would see, but he was 15 minutes from my house. Glad I went.

RichardSimon
10-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Van Morrison Oct 9 at Forest Hills Stadium, NY,,, The Man is still great and his band is super. His daughter opened the show with a short set which closed with Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher. Van only does 90 mins now but he leaves you wanting more.

rsn1661
10-14-2016, 10:01 PM
Saw Drake White and The Big Fire, Randy Houser and Dierks Bentley last night in Ft. Wayne, IN. Good show.

irv
10-15-2016, 07:24 AM
Saw Tom Jones at a small theater in NJ last week. What a hoot. Guy is in his 70s and the voice hasn't lost anything. Remarkable performer. Full house, had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Not someone I ever thought I would see, but he was 15 minutes from my house. Glad I went.

Similar story, only it was Kris Kristofferson I went to see.

My wife wanted to take her Mother, who was a huge fan, so I obliged but was thinking I was likely in for a relatively boring night, but I quickly found out it was one of the best shows I had ever seen!

He was great, his band was great and the music he played was upbeat and entertaining!
I was so glad I went, I wanted to know where he was playing his next show as I wanted to experience it again.

Stampsfan
10-23-2016, 01:44 AM
Desert Trip.

Weekend 2.

'Nuff said...

RichardSimon
11-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Stand Up For Heroes,, a benefit show at the theater at MSG.
Jon Stewart
Jerry Seinfeld
Jim Gaffigan
Louis CK
Bruce Springsteen

First time I have seen this annual benefit.
Bruce only does four songs acoustic versions.
Great show and laugh your ass off funny for all the comedians.

Snapolit1
11-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Saw Yes members Jon Anderson, Rick Wakefield and Trevor Rabin. Wow wow wow. If you are into the music of Yes, definitely see them. Jon Anderson sounds truly remarkable. What a voice.

90feetaway
11-05-2016, 04:18 PM
Went last Friday. In addition to his songs he also did partial covers of Witchy Woman and Werewolves of London for Halloween. It was the first time I saw him live, and I'm glad I did.

DeanH3
11-09-2016, 11:26 PM
Went and saw Night Ranger last Saturday. They can still bring it. It really seemed like they truly enjoyed playing together. Great show!

RichardSimon
11-22-2016, 07:45 AM
Billy Joel last night at MSG.
I have lost count of how many times I have seen him over the years but probably up around 15.
The Piano Man still has it.
And he did a cover of Born To Run.
Great show.

Snapolit1
11-22-2016, 08:37 AM
Saw Elvis Costello recently and he was good. Crowd was terrible though. I'd suggest avoiding shows at casinos. The front rows were folks who were about 25 years too old for the room, seemingly had no idea what they were handed free tickets for, and were utterly bored and walked out mid song. If I was a performer I would never play these joints, but maybe the pay is good and at some point you stop caring about bad crowds.

EvilKing00
11-25-2016, 04:07 PM
Was at bliiy joel again on monday night, at msg. The guy rocks, sounds as good if not better than when he was young. If u like billy its a must see

tjenkins
11-25-2016, 04:14 PM
Saw Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago together. Awesome concert! They came out together for the first half hour then Earth Wind and Fire played for an hour followed by Chicago for an hour then they came together the last half hour. One of the best concerts I have been to!

EvilKing00
11-25-2016, 07:25 PM
Billy Joel last night at MSG.
I have lost count of how many times I have seen him over the years but probably up around 15.
The Piano Man still has it.
And he did a cover of Born To Run.
Great show.

Ha i was at the same show

1952boyntoncollector
11-26-2016, 06:49 AM
I saw someone playing a good cowbell at a blue oyster cult concert and great gold suits in a sha na na concert.

RichardSimon
01-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Fri nite at State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ Melissa Etheridge rocked the house.
She has become an amazing guitarist and did several lengthy solos that brought roars.
An amazing show.
I have been a fan of Etheridge since practically the beginning when she could sell out MSG, which was the first time I saw her in person. The lady really rocks. Though now she plays much smaller venues.

greenmonster66
01-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Saw Eddie Money & Starship this past Saturday night at the Pompano Outdoor Amphitheater. Awesome show, both sounded great!

Stonepony
01-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Saw Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago together. Awesome concert! They came out together for the first half hour then Earth Wind and Fire played for an hour followed by Chicago for an hour then they came together the last half hour. One of the best concerts I have been to!

That's a show I'd like to see

Paul S
01-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Fri nite at State Theater in New Brunswick, NJ Melissa Etheridge rocked the house.
She has become an amazing guitarist and did several lengthy solos that brought roars.
An amazing show.
I have been a fan of Etheridge since practically the beginning when she could sell out MSG, which was the first time I saw her in person. The lady really rocks. Though now she plays much smaller venues.

Saw her in the early Nineties at South Street Seaport. She was rockin' even then.

pawpawdiv9
01-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Anyone up for some COLT FORD?
He is gonna be playing in my town January 28th at the Forum. I think tickets are 25-50 bucks.

RichardSimon
03-21-2017, 06:58 AM
At MSG last night,,,
What a great show,,
Jimmy Vaughan
Gary Clark Jr whom I have become a big fan of, if you don't know him find some of his stuff, amazing guitar
and
Eric Clapton but only for 95 minutes which was a little disappointing.
I have seen him for about 30 years and this was the first time he did a short set. Though I guess he is making a concession to age but he was great as he always is.
One thing though I was a bit surprised about. Several concerts around the world have done a tribute Johnny B Goode for Chuck Berry and I really expected that last night. No such luck.

Snapolit1
03-24-2017, 06:47 PM
At MSG last night,,,
What a great show,,
Jimmy Vaughan
Gary Clark Jr whom I have become a big fan of, if you don't know him find some of his stuff, amazing guitar
and
Eric Clapton but only for 95 minutes which was a little disappointing.
I have seen him for about 30 years and this was the first time he did a short set. Though I guess he is making a concession to age but he was great as he always is.
One thing though I was a bit surprised about. Several concerts around the world have done a tribute Johnny B Goode for Chuck Berry and I really expected that last night. No such luck.

No one can question for a nanosecond Clapton's expertise. A virtuoso. But I won't pay to see him in concert. I don't think he enjoys performing live at all and the whole thing seems pretty joyless and maybe a little mechanical to me. Disagree?

RichardSimon
03-25-2017, 09:15 AM
No one can question for a nanosecond Clapton's expertise. A virtuoso. But I won't pay to see him in concert. I don't think he enjoys performing live at all and the whole thing seems pretty joyless and maybe a little mechanical to me. Disagree?

That might be a bit harsh but if you have not seen him ? how do you make that judgment?

Snapolit1
03-25-2017, 12:05 PM
That might be a bit harsh but if you have not seen him ? how do you make that judgment?

Have seen video of him performing on YouTube and elsewhere. And have been to benefit type shows at MSG where he's done a short set.

He's probably a great guy. Not disparaging. Just doesn't seem to be a guy who gets a rise out of live gigs.

jimtigers65
03-26-2017, 05:16 PM
Saw Loverboy Friday night at the local casino. I liked the small venue as it held a couple hundred people having a good time. I enjoyed the '80s groupies still trying to hang on!

pawpawdiv9
03-27-2017, 11:24 AM
There was a good show last night in my bathroom.
Oh Boy where I begin. I lathered up the 'strings' of body hair and bubbly 'vocals' were flowing from high above. The drums were tub stomping away the b'ass tunes from arear's. As soon as the soap touched the visionary peak, the vocals were a 'blazing' on fire. the spin on the turntable and gargling of minty notes on the harmonica was to a glorious end on the bowl of fame.
How was your night??

2dueces
03-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Going to Lynyrd Skynyrd on Friday and Journey July 9th.
Last concert I saw was Wishbone Ash in April 2015.

2dueces
04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.

Snapolit1
04-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.

Who would have thought these dudes would still be at it all these years later. Think of all the bands they've outlasted. Incredible.

bdk1976
04-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Been to three concerts in the past six weeks or so:

Blake Shelton - wife wanted to go - turned out to be better than I expected. Gwen Stefani came out and they did a duet together which was pretty cool. Not even in the same league as the next two, though.

Eric Church - Outstanding show - played two sets that spanned about three hours. I'd been looking forward to this show for months with high expectations, and he did not disappoint. Highly recommended!

Chris Stapleton - absolutely PHENOMENAL. If you haven't seen this guy live you are missing out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdk1976
04-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Went and saw Night Ranger last Saturday. They can still bring it. It really seemed like they truly enjoyed playing together. Great show!

Awesome! I've been listening to 24 Strings and a Drummer a lot lately in my truck- would like to catch them live someday.

Snapolit1
04-04-2017, 12:38 PM
If you ever have a chance to see The Fab Faux and are a Beatles fan don't miss them. See them once a year and always great.

2dueces
07-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Saw Azia and Journey last night. Azia lost their lead singer and founding member in January but before he passed he recommended the new singer. They really put on a great show. I was pleasantly surprised.

Journey. You can tell whos band it is. Neal Schon had 4 solos and quite frankly only one was impressive. Run of the mill rifts. Could have done without 3 of them. But hey, he founded it. Of course the greatest success was after 78 when Steve the voice Perry joined. If you go to see Journey it's all about the vocals. I had the pleasure of hearing Steve Perry in 80ish. Sometimes the notes he hid would send a chill up your spine. but I digress.
Arnel Pineda is about as close as anyone could try to do Journey. They put on a great show and we left pleasantly pleased although sad that we are all older and of course not a concert like the 70's. Miss the 100% totality of concert goings and anyone old enough to know what I'm talking about can relate.

rsn1661
07-10-2017, 05:39 PM
I saw Journey and Asia 2 weeks ago. Asia was very good, the highlight was Carl Palmers drum solo. The man is a machine.

This is the sixth time that I have seen Journey, and probably my least favorite of the six. I would have liked a few more 70s songs and a lot less Neil Shon solos. One would have been fine, cut in half, but 4? Just a bit self-indulgent. It also would have been nice of them to introduce the new keyboardist and let him have a short solo like everyone else.

If it sound like I am complaining, I am not. They still put on an awesome show. Saw them 3 times in 79 and the last 3 times with Arnel Pineda. The guy had some huge shoes to fill and does a great job.

About a month ago I saw a 2 day country concert at Ohio Stadium with 10 bands including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and several others. I thought the lineup was a bit weak with the opening groups compared to the last 2 years, but still a good show.

2dueces
07-11-2017, 06:28 AM
I saw Journey and Asia 2 weeks ago. Asia was very good, the highlight was Carl Palmers drum solo. The man is a machine.

This is the sixth time that I have seen Journey, and probably my least favorite of the six. I would have liked a few more 70s songs and a lot less Neil Shon solos. One would have been fine, cut in half, but 4? Just a bit self-indulgent. It also would have been nice of them to introduce the new keyboardist and let him have a short solo like everyone else.

If it sound like I am complaining, I am not. They still put on an awesome show. Saw them 3 times in 79 and the last 3 times with Arnel Pineda. The guy had some huge shoes to fill and does a great job.

About a month ago I saw a 2 day country concert at Ohio Stadium with 10 bands including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and several others. I thought the lineup was a bit weak with the opening groups compared to the last 2 years, but still a good show.

Rich, Great minds think alike. Both drum solos were top great. They were touting Neil as a guitar god. Hmmm. When you've seen Clapton, Alvin Lee, Jeff Beck and Stanley Jordan it's kind of a stretch to put him anywhere near that status. I could name 6 others I've seen that had less solo time that could run circles around him. Still a great time had by all.

Jantz
07-11-2017, 01:55 PM
\m/

RichardSimon
07-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Emmylou Harris, Carlene Carter and John Mellencamp at Forest Hills Stadium in NYC on a hot night July 11.
John really rocked as always.
But why are there always people who insist on talking during concerts like they are sitting at home in their living room. I turned around to the woman behind me after she was very loudly talking non stop for 10 minutes and I just said "Are you going to talk through the entire show?" That did get her to STFU.
Why do these people spend $100++ to see a show and just yak away??
Half an hour after that two women two rows behind me could not shut up. They scream louder so they can hear themselves yammering away over the music. I said to them "Some of us would like to listen to the music, not listen to you screaming" and they also STFU.

JollyElm
07-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Amen to what Richard said.

We went to see America at the Alameda County Fair during the Fourth of July weekend, and the 2 idiot ladies in front of us (probably in their later 30's) spent the entire time taking selfies -- we're talking untold numbers of selfies -- and then posting them to facebook and continually checking to see if anyone was posting comments. Not once did I see them even look towards the stage. The light from their phones kept going on and off, on and off. It was stupidly ridiculous how self-centered these d-bags were, so each time they posed for another selfie I got closer to them and put my middle finger right behind their stupid heads and into their pictures. They finally noticed, turned around to 'stare me down,' and I just smiled broadly and laughed at them. So they got up and left and the people around me gave us high fives. Man, that felt good. Watch the goddamn show, people!!!

RichardSimon
07-13-2017, 11:41 AM
And also another real douche bag stunt,, one clown to my right and two rows in front of us was holding up his cell phone to Facebook live the show to what were probably his two adoring friends. People were screaming at him and he seemed totally oblivious to them. Eventually his arm got tired and he put it down.

ullmandds
07-13-2017, 05:29 PM
im thinking about trying to scalp for queen tomorrow night...has anyone seen them w/adam lambert?

irv
07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
im thinking about trying to scalp for queen tomorrow night...has anyone seen them w/adam lambert?

They liked him in Edmonton, and although I know Freddy will never be replaced, I can't help but think there were better choices/voices out there than Adam Lambert.
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/music/queen-adam-lambert-hit-all-the-right-notes-at-rogers-place

Just my opinion of course, but he sounds to soft, low key to try and sing like Freddy, and personally, I don't think he is that great of a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUef6VzJJw8

ullmandds
07-14-2017, 06:47 AM
They liked him in Edmonton, and although I know Freddy will never be replaced, I can't help but think there were better choices/voices out there than Adam Lambert.
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertainment/music/queen-adam-lambert-hit-all-the-right-notes-at-rogers-place

Just my opinion of course, but he sounds to soft, low key to try and sing like Freddy, and personally, I don't think he is that great of a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUef6VzJJw8

thx for the links...tickets are pretty expensive. I agree with most you said although I like him as a Freddy replacement...not sure who'd be better?

Not sure I'll be ponying up the $$$$ to go tonight...but we shall see!!!!

ullmandds
07-14-2017, 06:49 AM
As soon as Ray Manzarek died...I regretted never having seem the surviving Doors play...jus to hear the music!!!!

irv
07-14-2017, 08:43 AM
thx for the links...tickets are pretty expensive. I agree with most you said although I like him as a Freddy replacement...not sure who'd be better?

Not sure I'll be ponying up the $$$$ to go tonight...but we shall see!!!!

I am not sure either, Pete, or to what lengths they went to to find another singer, but if memory serves, they seemed to pick Adam quite quickly after his American Idol run.

Like I mentioned, he just sounds too soft, unable to reach the high notes, lacks enthusiasm, imo, to be Freddy's replacement.

Maybe I am being too harsh and I'm expecting to hear Freddy in every song, but, imo, Adam has a lot of room for improvement.

cool-vintage
07-14-2017, 07:27 PM
I saw Iron Maiden with Ghost Tuesday. Great show but apparently someone from one of the bands requested that the A/C shouldn't be turned on, so it felt like it was at least 80 inside.

ullmandds
07-15-2017, 08:10 AM
I passed last night on queen. I'll save my $$$$ and energy for the anti semite Roger Waters in a few weeks!!!!!

But it looks like they did pretty well...I mean Freddy is dead...and who could possibly replace him?????

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/14/queen-triumphs-at-st-pauls-x-with-assist-from-adam-lambert/

talkinbaseball
07-15-2017, 07:00 PM
If anybody goes to the concert at Dodger Stadium tonight can we have a review in the morning?

thanks,
John

clydepepper
07-16-2017, 01:56 PM
There was a good show last night in my bathroom.
Oh Boy where I begin. I lathered up the 'strings' of body hair and bubbly 'vocals' were flowing from high above. The drums were tub stomping away the b'ass tunes from arear's. As soon as the soap touched the visionary peak, the vocals were a 'blazing' on fire. the spin on the turntable and gargling of minty notes on the harmonica was to a glorious end on the bowl of fame.
How was your night??

Chris - Evidently, not many read your post or didn't want to dignify it with a response.

I, however, believe you deserve some recognition and 'credit'...
you sick puppy, you!

Cheers!

jimtigers65
07-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Going to see Buddy Guy and Johnny Lang next weekend. Has anyone seen these two?

yanksfan09
07-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Saw incubus a couple nights ago at Jones Beach. Great show!

gnaz01
07-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Saw Paul McCartney on 7/7 in Miami. No opening act, came on at straight up 8:30 and played until 11:30 AND HE IS 75 YEARS YOUNG!!!!

Simply AMAZING show!!

Iwantmorecards77
07-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Korn & Stone Sour tomorrow night!

ullmandds
08-30-2017, 10:22 AM
I saw Johny Mellencamp at the MN state fair last night...he put on a really good show of most of his hits and a few golden oldies from Blues Legends. Rain on the scarecrow and pink houses were highlights for me!

bbcard1
08-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Going to Third Eye Blind in a couple of weeks. Haven't been to a show in a while.

Big Six
08-30-2017, 02:28 PM
Going to see Judah and the Lion next Saturday in Nashville at the Ryman Auditorium...then the Samples in Fairfield, CT the following Friday. Noel Gallagher on November 27th in NYC...

ullmandds
08-30-2017, 03:32 PM
I'm also going to see Junior Gong Damian Marley in NYC next week...super excited!

Snapolit1
08-30-2017, 06:33 PM
Anyone who can see Sir Paul and misses it is crazy. This is musical history. And he won't be around forever. To say Paul live is magic would be an severe understatement.

QUOTE=gnaz01;1683103]Saw Paul McCartney on 7/7 in Miami. No opening act, came on at straight up 8:30 and played until 11:30 AND HE IS 75 YEARS YOUNG!!!!

Simply AMAZING show!![/QUOTE]

ooo-ribay
08-30-2017, 08:52 PM
I saw Johny Mellencamp at the MN state fair last night...he put on a really good show of most of his hits and a few golden oldies from Blues Legends. Rain on the scarecrow and pink houses were highlights for me!

It's a shame JCM is on the state fair circuit. Dude had a 15 year run of BRILLANCE, starting with Scarecrow.

ooo-ribay
08-30-2017, 08:56 PM
Going to Third Eye Blind in a couple of weeks. Haven't been to a show in a while.

I loved those guys, in the day. I've never seen them and whenever I get the chance it seems they are either a) playing in a terrible venue or b) the bill includes 3-4 s**t bands I have no desire to see or hear.

pawpawdiv9
09-01-2017, 12:14 PM
We got the country singer Trace Adkins performing Sept 16th @ the forum.
Plenty of girls in cowboy boots!!!!

RichardSimon
09-16-2017, 09:39 AM
I am seeing Paul McCartney on Tuesday at Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn.
Last night he was at MSG.
Look at what happened:
https://youtu.be/cIKDbii1vZI

RichardSimon
09-20-2017, 08:00 AM
I can only repeat what has been said here before.
Saw Sir Paul McCartney last nite at Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn.
The man is amazing.
75 years old and sounds as good after three hours as the opening Hard Days Night number.
Fabulous show.

Snapolit1
09-20-2017, 10:38 AM
75 years old. . . . .three hours . . . . .no break . . . does he even take a sip of water??? Enough to almost make me want to give up steak and hamburgers.

RichardSimon
09-20-2017, 11:10 AM
75 years old. . . . .three hours . . . . .no break . . . does he even take a sip of water??? Enough to almost make me want to give up steak and hamburgers.

Is Paul a vegetarian?
It is so obvious when he is on stage he just loves what he is doing. Obviously he does not need the money he really does this for the joy, of course he is not turning down the money :).
He responds to yells from the crowd, he jokes with the audience, he reads the signs that fans carry. He puts on a fantastic show.

BearBailey
09-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Saw Roger Waters a few weeks back in Philly, Spectacular, always puts on a great show!

ullmandds
09-21-2017, 11:07 AM
It's a shame JCM is on the state fair circuit. Dude had a 15 year run of BRILLANCE, starting with Scarecrow.

not a shame at all!!!! I think it fits him better! IT was a great show...and Damian Marley Kicked Ass!!!!!

gnaz01
09-21-2017, 08:23 PM
I can only repeat what has been said here before.
Saw Sir Paul McCartney last nite at Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn.
The man is amazing.
75 years old and sounds as good after three hours as the opening Hard Days Night number.
Fabulous show.

Saw him in July in Miami on his opening night for his US tour , just simply AMAZING!!!!

Exhibitman
09-22-2017, 12:57 PM
As a celebration of the end of the summer I took my daughter (19 y.o.) to the Green Day show at the Rose Bowl. We are both huge fans of the band; me from before she was born.

We had floor seats but got an email on Thursday that they had eliminated the seats and made the floor general admission. I figured that would be unpleasant.

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/IMG_1196.JPG
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_1.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_2.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_3.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_4.jpg

I was wrong. We ended up about 75 feet from the stage, right near the mosh pit. AMAZING show. 2:30 of kick-ass intensity. The band is incredibly tight and energetic.

rgpete
09-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Went last night to see The Devil Don't Sleep Brantley Gilbert Concert at Walnut Creek Raleigh NC , Luke Combs was good but after that all down hill

Snapolit1
09-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Great band. One of the best of the modern era. Would live to see them.

QUOTE=Exhibitman;1703439]As a celebration of the end of the summer I took my daughter (19 y.o.) to the Green Day show at the Rose Bowl. We are both huge fans of the band; me from before she was born.

We had floor seats but got an email on Thursday that they had eliminated the seats and made the floor general admission. I figured that would be unpleasant.

https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/IMG_1196.JPG
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_1.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_2.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_3.jpg
https://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/FullSizeRender_4.jpg

I was wrong. We ended up about 75 feet from the stage, right near the mosh pit. AMAZING show. 2:30 of kick-ass intensity. The band is incredibly tight and energetic.[/QUOTE]

lrspaulp
09-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Saw Sir Paul McCartney last night at the Carrier Done in Syracuse. Played non-stop for 3 solid hours. The most amazing experience of my life.

midmo
10-03-2017, 04:04 PM
But why are there always people who insist on talking during concerts like they are sitting at home in their living room.

This brought back a memory I had forgotten... in the 90's I saw Tori Amos in a theater. It was just her with her piano. I was in the balcony and could hear two girls in floor seats yapping away over the music. Tori stopped playing and said, "hey girls, if you move your conversation to the lobby I promise not to bring my piano out there and bug you". The whole crowd cheered and they STFU for the rest of the show.

Iwantmorecards77
10-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Fun day. Ded, Mastodon, Greta VanFleet, Gojira, 5 Finger Death Punch, In This Moment, Rob Zombie, among others.

judsonhamlin
11-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Tuesday at BB Kings in NYC. It's his farewell tour since being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is one of my favorite musicians and has had an exemplary career in music and civil rights in South Africa. The show was fantastic and energetic. I will miss his near annual visits to the city.

tedzan
11-07-2017, 09:35 PM
For my Birthday this past weekend, my wife treated me to a Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute at the New Hope (PA) Winery nearby where we live.

The group was tremendous performing all the music in CCR's Cosmo's Factory album....and, also additional CCR songs.

The lead singer's musical style very closely resembled John Fogerty.

TED Z

jimtigers65
11-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Yesterday bought tickets to Guns n Roses for next Saturday. Today I purchase tickets for Loverboy and Little River Band next January and February

RichardSimon
11-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Tomorrow night ---- on Broadway ----
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.

kvnkvnkvn
11-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Last concert I rolled to was in Buffalo for The Claypool Lennon Delirium...

This wasn't the concert, but is a great set from them...It is John Lennon's son and dude from Primus, who is ridiculous on the bass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAEHyKi0eP8&t=600s

RichardSimon
11-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Wow,,, Saw Bruce Springsteen last night on Broadway.
Not like his usual stadium rock n roll shows but spectacular nonetheless.
Two + hours, Bruce on guitar, Bruce on piano, two songs with Patty and much patter about his life story.
It was enthralling, especially because he does my two favorite songs in the show,, Long Walk Home and Brilliant Disguise.
He brought the crowd to a feverish peak with Land Of Hope and Dreams and closed, of course, with Born To Run.
His tribute to Clarence Clemmons on Tenth Avenue Freeze out was very moving.
I know the show is sold out but if you are in or near NYC and can get tickets, this is so worth seeing.
I have tickets to see him again in December and no they are not for sale :) :).

jimtigers65
11-20-2017, 09:48 PM
saw Guns N Roses at Sacramento Golden One Center last Saturday night. They played for three hours but had a problem with the sound system. Nice facility, good seating. Took half of the show before the sound was fixed.

jimtigers65
11-20-2017, 09:48 PM
saw Guns N Roses at Sacramento Golden One Center last Saturday night. They played for three hours but had a problem with the sound system. Nice facility, good seating. Took half of the show before the sound was fixed.

RichardSimon
12-16-2017, 09:13 PM
Saw Bruce again last tonight.
Definitely as good as the last time I saw him and I still recommend this.
I think a new block of tickets go on sale soon because his run has been extended.

BillCross
12-19-2017, 08:52 AM
Man, I wish I could watch these great concerts again.

Stampsfan
12-22-2017, 02:56 PM
Saw Roger Waters a few weeks back with my adult daughters. An act I can see over and over again. Incredible sound, and the girls loved it. Their comments included "I never thought I'd see someone perform those songs live".

tedzan
01-29-2018, 05:07 PM
I attended my first live concert in 1970. It was absolutely awesome. It featured Bill Haley & the Comets, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Platters, The Drifters,
The Shirelles, The Everly Brothers, The Del-Vikings, and a few more which I cannot remember. You had to be at this 4-hour concert to really appreciate it.

In 1973, I went to Westbury (LI, NY) to a Chicago concert. It was fabulous to hear this Jazz-Rock band.

Twenty years later, my wife and I were at the Valley Forge Music Fair to hear Chicago.

And 2011, my wife and I, Barry and Judy Sloate were in Princeton to hear The Dave Brubeck Quartet. Really, you don't have to be a Jazz enthusiast to appreciate
Brubeck's sound.

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/albumchicago.jpg . http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/DaveBrubeckQuartetTAKEFIVE.jpg .

TED Z

T206 Reference (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=237816)

Big Six
01-29-2018, 05:51 PM
Saw Big Head Todd & The Monsters on Saturday night...great show!

Snapolit1
01-30-2018, 08:49 AM
Seeing Chicago in 1973 must have been amazing. They really rocked in those days. Check out some of the old videos on You Tube. And Westbury is a great room. Great sound and pretty intimate.

Today I suspect Chicago is pretty watered down but haven't seen them in many years.

I attended my first live concert in 1970. It was absolutely awesome. It featured Bill Haley & the Comets, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Platters, The Drifters,
The Shirelles, The Everly Brothers, The Del-Vikings, and a few more which I cannot remember. You had to be at this 4-hour concert to really appreciate it.

In 1973, I went to Westbury (LI, NY) to a Chicago concert. It was fabulous to hear this Jazz-Rock band.

Twenty years later, my wife and I were at the Valley Forge Music Fair to hear Chicago.

And 2011, my wife and I, Barry and Judy Sloate were in Princeton to hear The Dave Brubeck Quartet. Really, you don't have to be a Jazz enthusiast to appreciate
Brubeck's sound.

http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/albumchicago.jpg . http://photos.imageevent.com/tedzan77/images/websize/DaveBrubeckQuartetTAKEFIVE.jpg .

TED Z

tedzan
01-31-2018, 09:32 AM
Seeing Chicago in 1973 must have been amazing. They really rocked in those days. Check out some of the old videos on You Tube. And Westbury is a great room. Great sound and pretty intimate.

Today I suspect Chicago is pretty watered down but haven't seen them in many years.

Hi Steve

Yes....being at the Chicago concert in 1973 at the Westbury Music Fair was absolutely fabulous.

In 1993, some of the names had changed, but Chicago's sound was still amazing.

TED Z

cool-vintage
02-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Not sure if there are any other thrash (or any other genres of metal) on here but is anyone seeing Slayer on their last tour? Sadly there aren't any dates in my home state so I may be taking a trip to see them.

Michael B
02-07-2018, 03:41 PM
Fun day. Ded, Mastodon, Greta VanFleet, Gojira, 5 Finger Death Punch, In This Moment, Rob Zombie, among others.

I met the bass player of Mastodon sort of when he was a little kid. His father, Barry Sanders, is a member of my Olympic collectors group and he is also one of the board members of The National. He sets up there every year.

Iwantmorecards77
02-17-2018, 09:48 PM
That's pretty awesome, Michael!

...Marilyn Manson put on an amazing show in Sayreville, NJ last night (2/16.) Extremely loud and great energy all around.

jimtigers65
02-17-2018, 10:09 PM
Saw Loverboy last night. Had great seats, first row. During the show the guitarist handed my wife his pick. Two minutes later this guy behind us asked to see it. “It’s autograph” he shouts. I will give you $50 for it? My wife laughed. Are you serious? The guys then says $100. My wife said if it means that much to you you can have it.

Big Six
02-17-2018, 10:20 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180218/13d78311f50657fc8414cdccd4438c2d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ullmandds
02-18-2018, 09:49 AM
Saw Loverboy last night. Had great seats, first row. During the show the guitarist handed my wife his pick. Two minutes later this guy behind us asked to see it. “It’s autograph” he shouts. I will give you $50 for it? My wife laughed. Are you serious? The guys then says $100. My wife said if it means that much to you you can have it.

Awesome!!! Id have atleast taken a drink!!!

jimtigers65
02-18-2018, 03:24 PM
Awesome!!! Id have atleast taken a drink!!!

I’m thinking that I could get a 1953 Glendale Meats Tiger card with the $100 but since it was my wife’s pick I just kept my mouth shut. I’m teasing her today because she is going to the mall and I mentioned that she could have gotten a pair of shoes for free.

rsn1661
02-19-2018, 08:12 AM
Last night took a road trip to The Yum Center in Louisville KY to see Luke Bryan, Kip Moore and The Cadillac Three. Luke and Kip were good as always. Never heard of the other group but really enjoyed them as well.

Next up is Blake Shelton in Columbus OH,a lot closer to home.

Snapolit1
02-19-2018, 08:41 AM
Last night took a road trip to The Yum Center in Louisville KY to see Luke Bryan, Kip Moore and The Cadillac Three. Luke and Kip were good as always. Never heard of the other group but really enjoyed them as well.

Next up is Blake Shelton in Columbus OH,a lot closer to home.

Not much of a country fan, but always wanted to see Vince Gill. That dude has some voice.

Leon
02-19-2018, 09:28 AM
Saw Brian Setzer Orchestra (Stray Cats) recently at a small hometown venue. They were great. Just got tickets to see Steve Miller Band and Peter Frampton at the same venue. Should be a great night of music.

Big Six
02-20-2018, 05:22 AM
I never miss BHTM when they come through...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180220/ff3dcb31dafd26c8ed5af5d78a1513ab.jpg

RichardSimon
07-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Got a few coming up: Van Morrison, Paul Simon, Phil Collins.

Big Six
07-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Started making cards for shows I’ve gone to...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/9c509f024a08a96707583c468b23091c.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/9efba518cafa527bceebe284483362d3.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/c62d42ebd3a4f949d4ef14da4ead3aa3.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/f1bff994ce10d8e44becb9242f1562fe.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/4b0fb0336691f9c46fe6e5889fe24b8c.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/b6169dbb0dbdace713e5137d061a5f2d.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/b6a7ec090384187de12b81e5a20a1783.png

Cmount76
07-07-2018, 05:02 AM
I was at XFinity for Dave as well. Great show from the pit. I'm going to SPAC for two more next weekend and then Jones Beach for another the following week.

Started making cards for shows I’ve gone to...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/9c509f024a08a96707583c468b23091c.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/9efba518cafa527bceebe284483362d3.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/c62d42ebd3a4f949d4ef14da4ead3aa3.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/f1bff994ce10d8e44becb9242f1562fe.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/4b0fb0336691f9c46fe6e5889fe24b8c.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/b6169dbb0dbdace713e5137d061a5f2d.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180707/b6a7ec090384187de12b81e5a20a1783.png

hedgefund96
07-07-2018, 06:24 AM
I saw these old farts last Friday in Toronto, and it might've been the best concert of my life. They (Rush) are playing MSG on Monday. :)
I saw Rush back in 1976 via Toronto. Incredible concert!!!

hedgefund96
07-07-2018, 06:26 AM
My favorite concert was ELP back in 1974 in Saratoga Springs!!

quinnsryche
07-07-2018, 02:06 PM
In May I saw Stone Temple Pilots with their new singer. It was at a 600 person capacity club called The Cowan at Top Golf Nashville. One of the most incredible shows I have ever seen. Just saw Train & Hall & Oates last weekend. Hall & Oates was disappointing but Train was very good. Not exactly my cup of tea musically but my wife wanted to go so I went. Next month I see Slayer on their farewell tour with Anthrax, Testament & Lamb of God in downtown Nashville. That should be an AWESOME show, can't wait!

mcgwirecom
07-14-2018, 09:18 AM
I'm trying to see as many great classic rock artists as possible before they pass on. I always kept my tickets so I started keeping track on a site called setlist.fm according to their database I have now seen 163 concerts of 109 different artists. Now that being said, quite a few were from big events like Live Aid and The opening of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's a pretty good site if you haven't been there. They try and keep track of every concert and set lists of the concerts. Like wikipedia they rely on peoples input.

Now the most recent concert I saw was ZZ Top & John Fogerty on June 24th. I was really impressed with John. Voice is still great and energy is amazing.

The concert I was most happy to see recently was by a man called Rodriguez. I am very late to the boat on this guy. I only watched the documentary "Searching for Sugar Man" this past winter. But it was made in 2012. I don't want to ruin the story but I highly suggest anyone who hasn't heard of him to watch this documentary. It is amazing. Here is a link to watch it free
http://watchdocumentaries.com/searching-for-sugar-man/

Sorry if I posted this before...

irv
08-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Went and seen 38 Special, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd last night at the Budweiser Stage in Toronto.

What a show is all I can say!!

38 Special was good, ZZ Top were excellent + and Lynryd Skynyrd were Phenomenal.

With only one remaining original member, Gary Rossington, they still sound amazing.
This is rumored to be their last tour so if you get the chance to check them out, do so, you'll be glad you did. :)
https://globalnews.ca/news/3987608/lynyrd-skynyrd-announce-farewell-tour/

Leon
08-12-2018, 10:04 AM
Saw Frampton and Steve Miller Band a few weeks ago at a small local venue. They brought back a lot of fond memories and still rocked.

ibuysportsephemera
08-12-2018, 10:36 AM
I saw Trombone Shorty and the Voodoo Threauxdown tour last night. The night included lot's of New Orleans bands...The New Breed Brass Band, Preservation Hall Band, Galactic and of course Trombone Shorty. Great show!

Jeff

BearBailey
08-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Saw Radiohead in the last night of their North American tour in Philly about a week and a half ago, great concert and Great setlist!

commishbob
08-12-2018, 09:04 PM
In the past week or so I bought tickets for both kd lang (my wife and I are big fans) and Bob Dylan. I last saw Dylan in 1971 and figured there may not be many more chances to see him again. I do understand that his show has the potential to be an epic disappointment but I figure he can't be any worse than Gordon Lightfoot was a couple of years back. That was the only concert I ever walked out of.

RichardSimon
08-29-2018, 11:19 AM
I'm trying to see as many great classic rock artists as possible before they pass on. I always kept my tickets so I started keeping track on a site called setlist.fm according to their database I have now seen 163 concerts of 109 different artists. Now that being said, quite a few were from big events like Live Aid and The opening of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's a pretty good site if you haven't been there. They try and keep track of every concert and set lists of the concerts. Like wikipedia they rely on peoples input.

Now the most recent concert I saw was ZZ Top & John Fogerty on June 24th. I was really impressed with John. Voice is still great and energy is amazing.

The concert I was most happy to see recently was by a man called Rodriguez. I am very late to the boat on this guy. I only watched the documentary "Searching for Sugar Man" this past winter. But it was made in 2012. I don't want to ruin the story but I highly suggest anyone who hasn't heard of him to watch this documentary. It is amazing. Here is a link to watch it free
http://watchdocumentaries.com/searching-for-sugar-man/

Sorry if I posted this before...

Hey Randy,
I have seen Fogerty many times but missed this tour.
He is fantastic, full of energy and still in great voice.

Stampsfan
09-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Going to see Sam Roberts Band this Saturday.

Blew the wad and am taking my youngest daughter (she's 22 now) to see Sir Paul McCartney on September 30th. Got the "Meet and Greet" package, sound check, and Row 1 seats on the floor. Ouch.

She is about the biggest McCartney fan I have seen. She knows every detail on the Beatles (Goroge's parents birthdays, etc.) you can imagine, and knows even more about Sir Paul. She downloads any new stuff from Paul, and knows every song he's ever made.

If interested, I'll post how the "sound check" was, etc.

If anyone has done this, I'm wondering if he will sign items. Would love to add a signature to my collection.

pawpawdiv9
09-11-2018, 02:14 PM
I'd like to go to this one coming up October 20th in Atlanta--- Chris Stapleton

Snapolit1
09-11-2018, 04:44 PM
Man that sounds incredible. Have never done that package but have paid good money for premium seats. Best show money can buy.
I know he often will invite someone on stage to play in the soundcheck. If your daughter plays she should bring a sign asking to play with the band.

Blew the wad and am taking my youngest daughter (she's 22 now) to see Sir Paul McCartney on September 30th. Got the "Meet and Greet" package, sound check, and Row 1 seats on the floor. Ouch.

She is about the biggest McCartney fan I have seen. She knows every detail on the Beatles (Goroge's parents birthdays, etc.) you can imagine, and knows even more about Sir Paul. She downloads any new stuff from Paul, and knows every song he's ever made.

If anyone has done this, I'm wondering if he will sign items. Would love to add a signature to my collection.

RichardSimon
09-13-2018, 11:03 AM
Last night at Forest Hills Stadium - Willie Nelson and the man,, Van Morrison.
Never saw Nelson before but I liked his opening half of the show.
I was there for Van Morrison and he did not disappoint for one minute.
An amazing show. 73 years old and Morrison still has it. Touring all the time and never the same set list. Just amazing. I never miss him when he is in NYC.

RichardSimon
09-13-2018, 12:51 PM

You won't believe how great a show he does. Is this the first time your daughter has seen McCartney?

Stampsfan
09-17-2018, 02:25 AM
I've seen McCartney a couple of times now, once in his own concert, and I went to Desert Trip in Palm Springs in October of 2016.

My daughter Mallory has seen him 6 or 7 times. She is still in school, but saves her money and flies to see him in concert.

When I say she's the biggest Beatles fan I have ever met, I am saying it without prejudice. She has read books and books on them, and knows so much trivia that is kind of mind boggling. She is currently reading a book on George Martin, because you can never know too much about their manager.

"Hey dad, on this song on Revolver, Paul actually rewired George's guitar (because Paul plays left handed), and used George's guitar on the recording."... and stuff like that. It's a bit strange TBH.

I love the idea of a sign and a song. She plays guitar (and I have no musical talent), so that may be something to try. She pretty much plays every song in the Beatles catalog, including Paul's newest stuff. I mean, does anyone even know Paul's latest songs?

I'll keep you posted then, as (I was informed today), it's only 14 days away.

Snapolit1
09-17-2018, 12:08 PM
If she has a sign that says PAUL - I KNOW ALL THE NEW SONGS. LET ME PLAY! I can't see how she doesn't get picked to play a song. Musicians love nothing more than people digging their latest album.

I've seen McCartney a couple of times now, once in his own concert, and I went to Desert Trip in Palm Springs in October of 2016.

My daughter Mallory has seen him 6 or 7 times. She is still in school, but saves her money and flies to see him in concert.

When I say she's the biggest Beatles fan I have ever met, I am saying it without prejudice. She has read books and books on them, and knows so much trivia that is kind of mind boggling. She is currently reading a book on George Martin, because you can never know too much about their manager.

"Hey dad, on this song on Revolver, Paul actually rewired George's guitar (because Paul plays left handed), and used George's guitar on the recording."... and stuff like that. It's a bit strange TBH.

I love the idea of a sign and a song. She plays guitar (and I have no musical talent), so that may be something to try. She pretty much plays every song in the Beatles catalog, including Paul's newest stuff. I mean, does anyone even know Paul's latest songs?

I'll keep you posted then, as (I was informed today), it's only 14 days away.

Stampsfan
09-17-2018, 02:38 PM
You know what Steve, it doesn't hurt to try. I love the idea!!! I'll keep you posted.

judsonhamlin
09-17-2018, 04:02 PM
So how was Sam Roberts? I really enjoy a number of Canadian bands but trying to catch shows here for Arkells, Sloan, Trews, etc is damn near impossible for some reason.

RichardSimon
09-22-2018, 07:29 AM
Last night at MSG. Paul Simon Homeward Bound Tour.
His final tour though he is not retiring, just ending touring.
Terrific show as always.
I have seen him for so many years and he is always terrific.
Who does not like Paul Simon?
Before I got into this business I owned a sweet shop in NYC.
He used to come in once a week for a few cashew nuts :).

judsonhamlin
09-22-2018, 02:43 PM
My daughter and I caught Paul Simon in Philly over the summer and it was a fantastic show.
On Thursday, my wife and I saw Mike Nesmith and his First National Band Redux tour in NYC and thouroughly enjoyed it. Small venue but some great guitar playing by his pedal steel payer and by his son, Christian, on lead guitar. The

talkinbaseball
10-08-2018, 07:10 PM
My wife and I saw saw the Eagles October 6th, it was an awesome show.

Don Henley and the crew sounded great.
Deacon looks just like his dad.
John

mark evans
10-08-2018, 07:55 PM
I saw Joan Baez at the Warner in DC about a week ago. Although her voice shows age, still a terrific show that brought back memories.

I saw Avett Brothers at Wolftrap outside DC earlier this summer. A wonderful venue by the way for those who might have occasion to visit the area. The music and musicianship was outstanding but I found lights shining out from behind the stage annoying.

Tripredacus
10-17-2018, 02:47 PM
I went and saw Andrei Rieu a few weeks ago. I did not really know what his shows were like, I figured they would be less pop than it turned out to be. Still was pretty neat.

orioles93
10-21-2018, 11:43 PM
Saw Metallica last night at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA. Awesome show, my ears are still ringing.

blackandgold
10-22-2018, 06:42 AM
Saw Metallica last night at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, PA. Awesome show, my ears are still ringing.

Evan,
I was at that show on Saturday too. It was a great concert, and the set list was, as Lars said, "a Saturday night ear-spank".

Snapolit1
10-22-2018, 08:09 AM
Saw Procol Harum at the Palladium in London. Was a cool show. Performed with a full church choir and a small orchestra. Interesting. Other than Whiter Shade of Pale it was all new to me.

2dueces
10-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Just purchased Bad Company tickets for December. Girlfriends favorite band. Scored brownie points.

JeremyW
10-25-2018, 07:56 PM
I used the 10% ebay coupon today to buy McCartney tickets for my sister's B-day today. In all reality, I'm a bigger Beatle fan.

JollyElm
10-27-2018, 04:13 PM
In an awesome day of nostalgia, I saw 38 Special at the county fair this summer. Man, they put on a great show!

JeremyW
06-19-2019, 06:19 PM
If anyone is debating seeing McCartney, I would highly recommend it. Amazing non-stop performance.

RichardSimon
09-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Not much going in this thread lately.

Saw The Who recently.
Last night Bonnie Raitt and Mark Knopfler at MSG. A truly great show.

nsaddict
09-26-2019, 01:04 PM
Saw The Who at Fenway. I know they’re getting up in age but was disappointed. And I could have done without the 60 piece orchestra.

Kinda like some ball players should have hung it up sooner!

herbc
09-26-2019, 06:18 PM
I was at the Jennifer Lopez MSG concert during the blackout in July. Amazingly MSG evacuated without incident, very orderly. The show was rescheduled two days later... outstanding!
Followed that up in August with Barbara Streisand. She still can sing, but yikes! She talks too much. I won't do that again.

Snapolit1
09-27-2019, 06:27 AM
Not much going in this thread lately.

Saw The Who recently.
Last night Bonnie Raitt and Mark Knopfler at MSG. A truly great show.

Kind of amazed The Who is still at it. Seems like they should have bowed gout racefully by now. Either the remaining guys love being on the road or someone needs $$.

Mike D.
09-28-2019, 06:17 AM
Saw Reckless Kelly a couple of weeks ago, and just got tickets last night for Steve Earle. Both shows are at the Narrows Center in Fall River, MA.

The place is cool...an old mill a stones throw from “battleship cove” that doubles as an art studio. Holds maybe 400 people.

They also have a BYO policy for drinks and food for shows...so you can show up with a cooler of beer and a pizza and go right in!

KMayUSA6060
09-30-2019, 01:53 PM
Summer of country concerts came to an end a couple weekends ago with Rascal Flatts. Started the summer with a local 3-day show called The Country Fest. Cannot recommend Morgan Wallen, Chris Young, and Brantley Gilbert enough. The latter 2 are 2 of the greatest concerts I've seen. High energy, badass performances, etc.

Dierks Bentley is a decent concert with his older stuff; his new crap sucks for the most part.

Rascal Flatts is a heck of a concert if you don't mind poor vocals. The crowd typically out-sings him and drowns him out, which is a good thing.

Brad Paisley is also a great time. Such a phenomenal portfolio of music, and he's a Browns fan so him putting on a concert in Northeast Ohio the day of or day after(?) visiting Browns Training Camp got the crowd hyped, especially when he walked out in Browns gear.

Blossom Music Center in Northeast Ohio is an excellent outdoor venue, for anyone that travels or lives in the area. They hold a variety of musical shows. Great atmosphere, and for the rowdy crowd the tailgating is phenomenal.

I'm excited for country music season next summer, with Luke Combs coming to the area for The Country Fest. Talk about a rowdy 3 days - that's going to be an insane weekend with the campers.

pawpawdiv9
04-15-2023, 01:22 PM
Reviving thread due to NEW CONCERT 2023
We have had some big artist like JellyRoll, Hardy, Luke Combs
As for traffic, it can get F'ucked up. And for bring chairs-- i dont know, thats another fiasco.

Rome River Jam 2023 (rome,Ga)
October 21-22
Parker McCollum, Bailey Zimmerman, Lainey Wilson & Tracy Lawrence
and etc.

mcgwirecom
04-15-2023, 04:30 PM
Saw zebra last night. 40th aniversary of their first album. If you haven't heard of them watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofz0iJQd-xU

Kevin
07-30-2023, 11:44 AM
Since Brooklyn Steel opened up, I’m not so sure my wife and I have seen a band at any other venue. Our first “non” Brooklyn Steel show in 6 or 7 years will be at Forest Hills Stadium to see Phantogram, Viagra Boys and Queens of the Stoneage. This will be the second time I’ll leave before the headliner goes on. I’m not a huge fan of Queens of the Stone Age. Phantogram is good, Viagra Boys phenomenal

Beercan collector
08-02-2023, 04:13 PM
The boys will be on tour In October with Brian Johnson on vocals for the first time since February 2016

Rad_Hazard
08-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Just saw Ben Folds last night and he was great as usual with support from the local orchestra.

Saw Lord Huron a couple months ago which was also great, and Billy Idol and Bonnie Raitt lined up for the next month.

JollyElm
09-02-2023, 04:17 AM
Just got back from seeing what amounted to the 'Yacht Rock' version of "The Last Waltz" at a casino out here. Holy frickin' cow!!

The show was basically 1970's/Early 80's pop group Ambrosia joined by an all-star lineup of other famed 70's acts and one (or two) hit wonders. One by one they called up performers to join them and sing some songs.

As a tribute to Robbie Robertson, they even all joined together for an awesome doing of "The Weight." Spectacular!!!

Here are the cool highlights. Look at this lineup of huuuuuuge hits:
Ambrosia - "How Much I Feel," "Biggest Part of Me," "You're the Only Woman (You & I)" and "Holdin' on to Yesterday"
Al Stewart - "Time Passages" and "Year of the Cat"
Walter Egan - "Magnet and Steel"
Elliot Lurie (Lead singer of Looking Glass) - "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" and their other Top 40 hit, "Jimmy Loves Mary-Anne"
John Ford Coley (From England Dan & John Ford Coley) - "Nights Are Forever Without You," "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight," "We'll Never Have to Say Goodbye Again" and (everyone on stage joining in for) "Love Is the Answer"

Although, it wasn't all good. It's going to be impossible to forget all of the former 'hotties' (with an additional 40 years of road wear on their bodies) excitedly shaking their asses up front and singing loudly along to the songs. They always seemed only moments away from tossing their underwear, well Depends, on stage. Don't want to be mean, but these former 'groupies' have turned into 'droopies.' Gravity is a cruel demon. Yoinks!!!!! I found myself reaching under my seat in search of an in-concert barf bag. Other than that, what a cool event!!! :eek::D

Nunzio11
09-04-2023, 08:47 AM
Morgan Wallen at FedEx field on Saturday night. Great show and great crowd.

Was never a fan of country music but my 15 year old got us completely hooked on the newer stuff. Have seen Morgan Wallen, Luke Combs, and Chris Stapleton this summer. Going to see Zach Bryan in October. Yee-haw!!!

SAllen2556
09-04-2023, 09:05 AM
Recently saw Steve Miller from very up close. Saw him turn his head away from the microphone, yet, somehow the sound of his voice never altered a bit. How does a 78 year old guy sing better today than he did in the 80's? He can still play guitar, but I don't think he was singing every note.

Also saw James Taylor last weekend who, on the other hand, seemed real. Good enough voice to carry it off, but he sounded his age, which was fine. The stories and the overall show was great.

I'm not sure how I feel about these old bands using backing tracks and auto-tune, and secret backup musicians hidden in the shadows. All these old bands are selling out arenas, but a lot of it seems pretty fake. People don't seem to care though.

Snapolit1
09-04-2023, 03:10 PM
Saw Steve Miller at Jazzfest in NOLA this year. Was very good.

Saw Counting Crows at an outdoor venue and they were spectacular. My favorite post 90s band.

Price points for tickets has gotten insane. Mid grade tickets at Madison Square Garden with good sight lines I used to love buying a frw years ago at $125 are now $625 seats. Nuts.

Rad_Hazard
09-04-2023, 08:31 PM
Despite being 67, Billy Idol sounded AMAZING the other night!

Seven
09-09-2023, 08:28 AM
Recently had the pleasure of seeing Jackson Browne, Steely Dan and The Eagles.

Jackson Browne was just himself and his band. Played for roughly three hours, at the Beacon Theater, here in NYC. He took a couple of song requests from the crowd, and played music from his early albums as well. Fantastic performance overall.

Steely Dan, opened for the Eagles at MSG. I'll freely admit I've never been a huge fan of them, but I really respect their artistry. Especially the man they had on the drums. God could he play, definitely gave me a newfound appreciation for them.

The Eagles, were downright incredible. These are not the Eagles of yesteryear, but damn do they come close. Glenn Frey's son, Deacon Frey, takes the reigns on a couple of his songs. There were certain parts of the show, where If you closed your eyes, you would think a young Glenn Frey was still with us. Vince Gill, has been a perfect addition to the band, since the passing of Glenn. He sings lead, on "New Kid in Town" and "Take It To The Limit," amongst others. I think he does a great job of capturing Glenn's spirit on some of his songs, and I love that he's able to hit some high notes on "Take it To The Limit" because it keeps the essence of the song, back from when Randy Meisner was a member of the group. Don Henley has aged like a fine wine, he still sounds rock solid, you certainly wouldn't think the man is 76.

My absolute favorite part of the show though? Joe Walsh. It's not even close. He's 75, going on 17 with the amount of energy he has. His guitar playing, was out of this world. He bounces around on stage, having a grand old time, rocking out with everyone. Perfect proof, that men only grow old, they do not grow up.

1952boyntoncollector
09-09-2023, 08:35 AM
Ive been to a ton of shows but to be honest, i 'worked' the shows for live nation and others so i have to show people their seats but for 90% of the time i can watch the shows and also direct any friends i know to seats that are not full so they can move down to a better position. All they got to do is get the cheapest ticket and i can move them down, man i should charge for that....40 dollars seats to $2000 seat upgrade should be worth something right?

Nunzio11
11-30-2023, 09:46 AM
Saw KISS last night in Baltimore. Last show before their final 2 shows at MSG this weekend. They’re up there in age and sounded like it. Gene still has some voice and great stage showmanship. Paul was so awkward with his crowd interaction. His voice is off and you could see his timing was off as well. I was able to channel my inner teenager for most of it but honestly didn’t even make it to the encore. Luckily tickets were free. Still glad I got to see them live.

If anyone is going this weekend I hope the acoustics at MSG can cover some of the flaws. The pyrotechnics and stage show are still great.

BCauley
12-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Haven't been to a concert since 2007 when I saw Toby Keith in Raleigh, NC. Saw him twice in total. Saw a handful of other bands but the best ones I went to were Metallica in 1996/97 and the two times I saw Aerosmith. Once during the Pump album tour which I think was late 90s and the 2nd time was around 2000 or so.

Snapolit1
12-08-2023, 06:00 PM
Saw two cover bands recently at a smallish club. Both national touring acts and both excellent.

Best of the Eagles: really great cover act. Loved the show.

Yacht Rock Review: a ton of fun. All cheesy but great 70s-80s songs. I haven't been able to get the Little River Band out of my head for 2 weeks now. I love AM radio 70s classics and every song they played was spot on.

Bcwcardz
12-08-2023, 07:05 PM
Had to accompany my youngest to see Travis Scott. It wasn’t my type of music but at least he’s an Astros guy. I want to go to Cruel World coming up. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ministry and Duran Duran. I think Adam Ant is supposed to be there too. He was a no show somewhere recently, I think visa issues.

Wihawk
12-10-2023, 01:14 PM
I saw Elephant Revival last week end and was quite surprised at how damn good they are, Great live show.

Kzoo
12-11-2023, 09:54 AM
Saw U2 on Nov. 1st in Vegas at the Sphere. Awesome show and unbelievable venue. I've always loved Bono's vocals, but The Edge makes the band.

1991AtlantaBraves
03-26-2024, 06:51 PM
^Envious.;)

Depeche Mode last October - Roosevelt in November. Awesome shows. We hope to see Sting this year.

SyrNy1960
03-28-2024, 06:49 AM
Great thread, with a lot of great bands. I went to so many concerts in the 70's and 80's. My last concert was when Three Doors Down performed live on the USS George Washington in the Mediterranean Sea on October 2, 2002. They were awesome and I was right up front.