PDA

View Full Version : Greyflannel auction opinions??

pherbener
06-25-2015, 08:17 AM
I went to bed with the highest bid on an item, got up this morning with the highest bid only to find out the auction is still going on. Finally saw I was outbid driving to work. By the time I got to the office, the auction had closed. Is it just me or when an auction closes to new bidders at 9PM with the 10 min. rule, at some point(2-3AM) there has got to be a hard end? Thoughts??

btcarfagno
06-25-2015, 08:31 AM
I went to bed with the highest bid on an item, got up this morning with the highest bid only to find out the auction is still going on. Finally saw I was outbid driving to work. By the time I got to the office, the auction had closed. Is it just me or when an auction closes to new bidders at 9PM with the 10 min. rule, at some point(2-3AM) there has got to be a hard end? Thoughts??

I outbid someone on a lot when I woke up this AM. Hope it wasn't you!

I agree that, at some point, there has to be a hard close. I was stuneed to see the thing still going on at 6:00AM. I actually think it just ended at around 9:45 EST or so. Although, another way to look at it is it gives us East Coasters a second chance after the West Coasters got their bids in while we slept!

Tom C

pherbener
06-25-2015, 08:41 AM
I outbid someone on a lot when I woke up this AM. Hope it wasn't you!

I agree that, at some point, there has to be a hard close. I was stuneed to see the thing still going on at 6:00AM. I actually think it just ended at around 9:45 EST or so. Although, another way to look at it is it gives us East Coasters a second chance after the West Coasters got their bids in while we slept!

Tom C

That's ok if you win!! Just pisses off the losers(Me!):)

perezfan
06-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Same discussion arises every time this happens.

I would also think the East Coasters would be happy about this (after years of complaining the other way). When these auctions run well into the next morning, the sleeping West Coast people are at a big disadvantage.

Kind of a reverse discrimination :rolleyes:

Samets
06-26-2015, 05:30 AM
This crap happened to me during Worthridge's inagural auction.

I got outbid at 11am the following day... Pure crap.

Now, I just throw a bid in and hope it's high enough. I walked away with two items.