PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Autographed Collectibles

egri
06-18-2015, 08:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before and can give an opinion on how good their stuff is. He's a seller on Amazon who seems to have a lot of the tough cards from the 53 Topps set. I included a link to part of their storefront here (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_4_0?me=AB9Z76O7FQYU1&fst=as%3Aoff&rh=k%3A1953+topps%2Cp_4%3ATopps&keywords=1953+topps&ie=UTF8&qid=1434682396). Thanks in advance

MacDice
06-19-2015, 04:51 AM
Have you checked out Mickeys Clubhouse. They have some great deals on vintage signed cards

egri
06-19-2015, 06:05 AM
Have you checked out Mickeys Clubhouse. They have some great deals on vintage signed cards

Yeah I've bought from Mickey in the past. It's just that AAC has the widest selection I'd ever seen, but the depth of it and the prices were making me a bit suspicious.

MacDice
06-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Always trust your gut. I am working on a 1957 set and it can be hard to be patient when you see something that you need and haven't seen many of before.

pooh528
06-19-2015, 09:22 AM
I believe this is Roger and Vic Till's operation out of Illinois. I believe virtually every autograph they sell is fraudulent. They used to sell the same stuff on Amazon under the name vintagesportsbb. Here is a link to that store that is no longer active, but has the same stuff. The phone number is the same. I am assuming they got kicked off and came back on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&sshmPath=at-a-glance&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&tag=lawheecomusedveh&ie=UTF8&orderID=&linkCode=ur2&asin=B001IYBMD6&camp=1789&seller=A3IMKDGMK7W3RR&creative=390957&isPopup=%23

The Tills have ripped off a lot of people, but for some reason show promoters still allow them to set up at all the big shows. I saw them at the national last summer.

There are several threads on SCN. I would say well over a 100 people over there (including me) have been ripped off by them.

I would stay far far away

earlywynnfan
06-19-2015, 09:46 AM
I bought a crap ball from them at the National. When you call the number, the brother answers, gets testy, and says he has nothing to do with the memorabilia seller. I told him fine, tell his brother I'm calling my credit card company. 5 minutes later, Roger called me back.

egri
06-19-2015, 10:49 AM
Thank you everyone for your input. It's a bit disappointing to see that stuff and then find out it's fraudulent, but at least now I'll know to avoid them. Thanks again.

egri
06-19-2015, 11:24 AM
So that I can get better at sniffing out fakes on my own, how did you guys know they were bad? I'm curious because I looked at a few on them and thought they were good

Lordstan
06-19-2015, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately, virtually everything they sell is fake. They are close, but it just isn't good. It's hard to explain, because so so many are bad.
I purchased a few signed Sport Magazines from them on ebay a while ago. The autos were close, but some thing about each auto was wrong. As I looked at more and more of his stuff, it was the same thing over and over again.

I sent them back and got a refund. I will never buy anything from them again.

M@rk V&l@rd&

Leon
06-21-2015, 11:01 AM
Good info guys...

RichardSimon
06-21-2015, 05:22 PM
I believe this is Roger and Vic Till's operation out of Illinois. I believe virtually every autograph they sell is fraudulent. They used to sell the same stuff on Amazon under the name vintagesportsbb. Here is a link to that store that is no longer active, but has the same stuff. The phone number is the same. I am assuming they got kicked off and came back on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&sshmPath=at-a-glance&isAmazonFulfilled=0&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&isCBA=&tag=lawheecomusedveh&ie=UTF8&orderID=&linkCode=ur2&asin=B001IYBMD6&camp=1789&seller=A3IMKDGMK7W3RR&creative=390957&isPopup=%23

The Tills have ripped off a lot of people, but for some reason show promoters still allow them to set up at all the big shows. I saw them at the national last summer.

There are several threads on SCN. I would say well over a 100 people over there (including me) have been ripped off by them.

I would stay far far away

Roger has been around forever. I can remember him being tossed from a Gloria Rothstein White Plains show for having a 100% bogus inventory.
Amazing how people are so openly, blatantly crooked and just keep getting away with it.
Amazon had approached me a long time ago about opening a store there. I warned them about what was going to happen. I see how that warning did no good.