PDA

View Full Version : 1888 Goodwin Champions....Mighty Casey?

TimCarrollArt
06-17-2015, 11:22 AM
Yes....yes it is.

Had an opportunity to do some work for the National Pastime Museum (Casey at the Bat-inspired). Since it was written in 1888, I thought Casey should have his own card. Approximately 17" x 27". Made from cut cards. Not available.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg64/timcarrollart/Casey3_zpsizjbdg53.jpg

z28jd
06-17-2015, 12:10 PM
I love this idea and the quality/look is fantastic! I'm all for anything that makes cards from 80&up less common and you literally turn them into a work of art. Great job

brewing
06-17-2015, 12:31 PM
Awesome job. That would also make for a great custom card.

I'm all for anything that makes cards from 80&up less common

I have no artistic skill, but it sounds like you would like the bonfires I've been having.

Eric72
06-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Tim,

Hello, my friend.

Great job on Mighty Casey. Best fantasy card on this side of the site. Definitely on par with Mouschi's Jose Canseco Post-War creations.

Best regards,

Eric Perry

iowadoc77
06-17-2015, 06:02 PM
Once again, amazing! You are a true artist Tim

oldjudge
06-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Beautiful! Tim is an amazing talent. I am honored to have one of his pieces, with another coming.

Jay

EvilKing00
06-17-2015, 06:20 PM
Beautiful card! Did u ever do any babe ruth cards or t205's?

TimCarrollArt
06-17-2015, 07:48 PM
Thank you to all!

Tim,

Hello, my friend.

Great job on Mighty Casey. Best fantasy card on this side of the site. Definitely on par with Mouschi's Jose Canseco Post-War creations.

Best regards,

Eric Perry

Hi Eric....great to hear from you! Hope all is well with you and yours.

Beautiful! Tim is an amazing talent. I am honored to have one of his pieces, with another coming.

Jay

I appreciate the endorsement, Jay. Looking forward to to hanging another great one on your wall!

Beautiful card! Did u ever do any babe ruth cards or t205's?

Thanks! I am currently working on a commissioned '33 Goudey green Ruth. I am looking forward to tackling some of my favorite T205's in the future (Walter, Cy, Ty, among others).

Tim

z28jd
06-18-2015, 10:00 AM
Awesome job. That would also make for a great custom card.

I have no artistic skill, but it sounds like you would like the bonfires I've been having.

Burning 80's-90's cards I guess? I couldn't do it, but getting rid of them in bunches is the only way they would ever be worth something in the future. I like less evil approaches like the art work shown here or handing them out to kids in school or at Halloween.

I figure the latter works well two ways. Either you get future collectors, or the cards just get thrown out/ruined by the kids. If you can get some hooked by giving a pile of 50-100 cards that are twice as old as them, then that helps the hobby. I know I would have loved that when I was a kid, but I started collecting when I was five.