PDA

View Full Version : Where they ain't (definitely no my inbox)

ksabet
06-16-2015, 09:44 AM
Has anyone else been getting daily emails like this:

"Hey -

How's everything?

Anything in particular you are currently looking for?

Regards,
John"

I don't have any issue with the sellers, but seriously its almost every day I get the same note. Just curious if its just me.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-16-2015, 10:05 AM
Yes, about every month or weekly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon
06-16-2015, 10:06 AM
Yes, about every month or weekly.

I think STFU would be my response..

Jason
06-16-2015, 11:52 AM
I get them about once a month as well. I dont mind but they never respond when I do actually list items im looking for at the current time.

Sean
06-16-2015, 12:03 PM
I bought one card from them 4 years ago, so I'm on their mailing list as well. :rolleyes:

06-16-2015, 12:42 PM
I get them about once a month as well. I dont mind but they never respond when I do actually list items im looking for at the current time.

They probably just ain't got 'em.

sreader3
06-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Yep. Has resulted in 0 transactions.

conor912
06-16-2015, 08:40 PM
These guys are a complete joke. I get the emails, too. One time I replied telling them I was looking for a particular card and they said they had it and that's it, no scans, no nothing. I replied and asked for scans and never heard back. Then five weeks later I got a reply saying the card was no longer available and asking if there wad anything else I was looking for, as if if there was I was actually going to buy it from them at that point.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-16-2015, 08:48 PM
These guys are a complete joke. I get the emails, too. One time I replied telling them I was looking for a particular card and they said they had it and that's it, no scans, no nothing. I replied and asked for scans and never heard back. Then five weeks later I got a reply saying the card was no longer available and asking if there wad anything else I was looking for, as if if there was I was actually going to buy it from them at that point.

Lucky you, they never have what I'm looking for. So I guess I know how to "Look where they ain't"

ksabet
06-17-2015, 09:57 PM
It seems as though they may have been hacked. I got another one today and I decided to call the number. When I clicked on the phone# through my phone it took me to a site that had only had East Asian characters on it.

I would avoid the emails and not sure if anyone knows these guys but a call might be appropriate. I can't seem to find an actual working number for them.

frankbmd
06-18-2015, 08:42 AM
I purchased a single 1950 Bowman Football common card for less than $10.00 nearly two years ago.

The seller sends me weekly emails offering me a 1% discount on my next purchase.

He still has my dime in his pocket.:D

TNP777
06-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Got an email from him last week inquiring about my great and awesome Brett Butler set. Wanted to know I if was interested in selling since it had been so long since I had updated it. I guess three weeks is close to an eternity. :rolleyes:

GregMitch34
06-19-2015, 01:29 PM
What IS their email, I actually wanted to inquire about something and on at their site was either old--or did chose not to respond....

Peter_Spaeth
06-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Based on past threads here, their business model at least in part is to list, at a markup that makes any of the BIN folks people complain about look reasonable, cards owned by others.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=185049&highlight=milch

pokerplyr80
06-19-2015, 05:52 PM
Which site are you guys talking about?

deadballpaul
06-20-2015, 09:14 AM
I get the same email. They responded once with a list of cards from sets that I mentioned I collected, but the cards were so overpriced, I decided that I would never deal with them, or even try to negotiate.