PDA

View Full Version : Question on accumulating commons for the Monster

Stetson_1883
06-16-2015, 06:09 AM
I decided to take a shot at this set after I acquired many of its HOF players.

Now I'm concentrating on buying as many graded 4's as I can get my hands on. The only hitch is that for now, I'm only will to spend $45-50 per card, no more.

For now I've been just keeping eyes glued to this board and ebay, buying in groups of 2, 3 or 4.

Any suggestions or comments on this course of action?

Thx folks

mettoy66
06-16-2015, 09:25 AM
I wish you luck in finding PSA 4s at that price delivered. It will be a lengthy task!

Bocabirdman
06-16-2015, 10:53 AM
I decided to take a shot at this set after I acquired many of its HOF players.

Now I'm concentrating on buying as many graded 4's as I can get my hands on. The only hitch is that for now, I'm only will to spend $45-50 per card, no more.

For now I've been just keeping eyes glued to this board and ebay, buying in groups of 2, 3 or 4.

Any suggestions or comments on this course of action?

Thx folks

I think you are doing fine......Collecting is in the eyes of the beholder. What ever takes the wrinkles out of your sail...:D

clydepepper
06-16-2015, 11:46 AM
I think you are doing fine......Collecting is in the eyes of the beholder. What ever takes the wrinkles out of your sail...:D

+1

While I prefer at least mid-grade and have just sold off all my raw cards, there are plenty of folks with fine collections who look at things differently. In case you have not noticed, there is a seemingly obsessive pursuit of different card backs by the brethren of Net54 - that's a valid choice, but be sure to use all your resources before purchasing....which I would advise in any case.

Good Luck & Enjoy Your Quest,
Raymond

sreader3
06-16-2015, 02:24 PM
If current prices hold, and with patience and bulk buys, I think you will be able to acquire 100 or so of the easier commons in PSA 4 in your $45-50 target price range (or close to it). Then you will be faced with the reality that the rest of the so-called "commons" are to varying degrees harder to find and there is a consistently higher ask/hammer for those cards -- sometimes maybe only $10-20 above your target, but other times double your target or even more.

Good luck.