PDA

View Full Version : This seems odd to me...

Jeff_cvc
06-15-2015, 12:37 AM
I lost out on these Mathewson cards tonight, which is probably good because I don't need to be spending the $$. BUT, when I looked at the bidding, I was the only bidder that wasn't listed as "private". I've never seen anything like that before. When I started to look at the seller a little more, he sells almost exclusively reprints, and many of his cards are slabbed by less then reputable companies: GMA, RGA, and another company I couldn't make out. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't be bidding in his auctions. Nevertheless, I'm not saying he is doing anything explicitly wrong, it just all seems odd to me. Any thoughts? Or am I just off base. I sincerely hope the seller isn't a Net54 member as the last thing I want to do is put a spotlight on someone that doesn't deserve it.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/221793848204

drcy
06-15-2015, 12:49 AM
The T205 is a reprint.

If you're looking for a reprint of a 1982 Topps Cal Ripken or a reproduction of a Kate Upton autograph, bid away in his auctions.

Jeff_cvc
06-15-2015, 01:02 AM
The T205 is a reprint.

I don't even own any T205, I only collect the T206, and occasionally a T213 or another pre war card that catches my eye. I wouldn't be able to tell a T205 reprint from an original if it slapped me across the face. I thought the T206 looked good for PSA 1 grade and would of been willing to pay what I bid just for that card.

Section103
06-15-2015, 01:23 AM
No comments on the T205 - not my expertise and I dont feel like Im getting a good view thru the holder.....but its worth noting that your ID shows up as "private" when I click on the link (as they all do). There's nothing fishy about the bid listings, at least.

Jeff_cvc
06-15-2015, 01:50 AM
No comments on the T205 - not my expertise and I dont feel like Im getting a good view thru the holder.....but its worth noting that your ID shows up as "private" when I click on the link (as they all do). There's nothing fishy about the bid listings, at least.

Interesting that my ID shows up as private also. I've never seen a bid listing of all private ID's.

scooter729
06-15-2015, 05:13 AM
The seller can set listings to have all bidders show up as private - it's not tied to the bidder's settings but the seller.

Econteachert205
06-15-2015, 06:09 AM
T205 is no good

Jeff_cvc
06-15-2015, 11:36 AM
The seller can set listings to have all bidders show up as private - it's not tied to the bidder's settings but the seller.

Ahhhh... Thanks Scott, good to know.

Brian Van Horn
06-15-2015, 11:48 AM

Ah, the wild wonderful world of eBay.

Leon
06-19-2015, 12:39 PM

The biggest detriment to ebay's users being able to police shilling was making the bidding ids be private.