PDA

View Full Version : Permenant want list

MartyFromCANADA
06-12-2015, 09:38 AM
Is there a place on the fourm where we can post a permanent want list that sellers (or other members) can browse? It may help with bumping and re-posting. Also, may help us connect with the cards we need, first page threads vanish pretty quick sometimes. I don't know, just a thought.

Leon
06-12-2015, 10:12 AM
Is there a place on the fourm where we can post a permanent want list that sellers (or other members) can browse? It may help with bumping and re-posting. Also, may help us connect with the cards we need, first page threads vanish pretty quick sometimes. I don't know, just a thought.

and not a bad thought at all.....I know we have the pics section which gets used....but a permanent want list section.....have to think about how that would play out in a forum with threads etc....because members will have to be able to do their own listing and editing...

clydepepper
06-12-2015, 10:26 AM
I have a 'shopping list' in my word documents. Maybe that sort of angle would be more appropriate.

Of course, the BST is full of WTBs and lots of folks add their needs to their post signatures.

AddieJoss
06-12-2015, 10:57 AM
I think it's a great idea. Maybe another link across the top that is sortable once clicked on?

Louieman
06-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Great idea

Econteachert205
06-12-2015, 12:58 PM
I'd want it to be a specific bounty list ie. t205 hoblitzell no stats, not just the looking for t205 or buying sets of all kind sort of want list.

conor912
06-12-2015, 01:00 PM
I think it's a great idea. Maybe another link across the top that is sortable once clicked on?

+1

I like the idea, but it would have to be searchable, since many of us have lengthy want lists and I doubt anyone would take the time to scour through everyone's. For example if I had a '56 Mantle to sell, I could type that in and it would tell me which guys are looking for that particular card, then I could just shoot off PM's to those few guys in a matter of a minute or two. If it was too cumbersome and time consuming, no one would use it....I would think anyway.

MartyFromCANADA
06-12-2015, 01:28 PM
+1

I like the idea, but it would have to be searchable, since many of us have lengthy want lists and I doubt anyone would take the time to scour through everyone's. For example if I had a '56 Mantle to sell, I could type that in and it would tell me which guys are looking for that particular card, then I could just shoot off PM's to those few guys in a matter of a minute or two. If it was too cumbersome and time consuming, no one would use it....I would think anyway.

Maybe there should be a limit, say 20 most wanted cards, have flip pages; previous/next, each page would have the members name and most wanted 20. Skim read a members page, click next and so on... As for selling, I think that process is good on here. I just think there would be more connection if we knew what other members were looking for.

chipperhank44
06-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Great idea! If searchable, this will help buyers and sellers alike. I'm sure we all have cards sitting in our collections that we aren't attached to that might be high on another collector's wantlist.

nolemmings
06-12-2015, 05:47 PM
I suppose a new subsection could be added to the B/S/T section called member wantlists or something like that, and maybe each member is given one "post" to lay out all he wants (or even adding all he has to trade), which can be revised as need be. That would be somewhat searchable through the advance search function, where you can limit your search for say "Cobb" to that section and all members with a Cobb card on their list would be identified. I still have not been able to see the search function capture quoted phrases or use other means so that you could find "1915 Cobb" or "Crackerjack Cobb"-- as I understand it such a search would yield all 1915s and all Cobbs or all Crackerjacks and all Cobbs. If there are search refinements/filters that I'm missing, great and please share, but that's a possible start. [Being in the B/S/T would require membership too, so you wouldn't be bothered by outsiders and would have a little more privacy from unwanted solicitations--there at least would be accountability]

ls7plus
06-12-2015, 07:12 PM
Maybe there should be a limit, say 20 most wanted cards, have flip pages; previous/next, each page would have the members name and most wanted 20. Skim read a members page, click next and so on... As for selling, I think that process is good on here. I just think there would be more connection if we knew what other members were looking for.

+1--I think its a great idea. I've already gotten some long sought after cards from Net54 members.

Larry

pokerplyr80
06-13-2015, 07:59 PM
I think it's a great Idea but creating the database would be the tricky part. I'm not very tech savy but I would certainly use the feature.

Leon
06-14-2015, 09:41 AM
I suppose a new subsection could be added to the B/S/T section called member wantlists or something like that, and maybe each member is given one "post" to lay out all he wants (or even adding all he has to trade), which can be revised as need be. That would be somewhat searchable through the advance search function, where you can limit your search for say "Cobb" to that section and all members with a Cobb card on their list would be identified. I still have not been able to see the search function capture quoted phrases or use other means so that you could find "1915 Cobb" or "Crackerjack Cobb"-- as I understand it such a search would yield all 1915s and all Cobbs or all Crackerjacks and all Cobbs. If there are search refinements/filters that I'm missing, great and please share, but that's a possible start. [Being in the B/S/T would require membership too, so you wouldn't be bothered by outsiders and would have a little more privacy from unwanted solicitations--there at least would be accountability]

My guess is that if something is done it will be akin to this. There are multiple reasons not everyone visiting the site can get into certain sections. So I can see the WLS (Want List Section) being in the BST section, if it is something adopted....Thanks for the feedback so far. For the record, there are newer versions of our s/w which might do easier searches but I don't think this update is something I want to initiate a major board revision for. Our version of s/w is still fully supported by the mfg and is being updated with patches and fixes as needed.....

ValKehl
06-14-2015, 02:38 PM
If a Net54 members consolidated want list is created (I'm all for it), I think it would work best if the individual cards wanted are grouped by set rather than by member - i.e., all the T206 Tolstoi cards wanted would be grouped together, as would all the E145 1914 Cracker Jack cards wanted, etc. And, within each set, I suggest cards be listed alphabetically by the players' last names. Also, I would limit each participant's wants to a maximum of 20 or 25 cards.
Val

Leon
06-15-2015, 07:18 AM
If a Net54 members consolidated want list is created (I'm all for it), I think it would work best if the individual cards wanted are grouped by set rather than by member - i.e., all the T206 Tolstoi cards wanted would be grouped together, as would all the E145 1914 Cracker Jack cards wanted, etc. And, within each set, I suggest cards be listed alphabetically by the players' last names. Also, I would limit each participant's wants to a maximum of 20 or 25 cards.
Val

Not everything we discuss comes to fruition with respect to changes. After more consideration I am not sure the changes to do a "want list" section will be enough of an improvement, over what we have, to go forward with it. Our current BST section will do the wants almost as well as another section we could form. If it were a relational database then that would be different. But another section for only wants, in the format we have, just doesn't seem like enough of a benefit to go forward.

frankbmd
06-15-2015, 07:35 AM
http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=338394

but if you get what you want, the list isn't permanent. Was it?:eek: