PDA

View Full Version : Exciting E92 Harry Bemis Pickup

Vintagecatcher
06-04-2015, 06:04 PM
I woke up early last week and surfed eBay. I ended up spotting this cool E92 Handsome Harry Bemis E92 Dockman & Sons Candy card.

Why was the pickup exciting?

It was exciting because I recognized that the card was missing at least one perhaps two color passes.

The standard issued card has a light red background and a darker blue color in the brim of the hat as well as in the uniform collar.

My example has a orange colored background, and the blue is missing in the brim on his hat and on his collar?

Curious as to whether this would be considered an example of "printer's scrap or a freak?

Any thoughts?

I have attached scans of the front of my card and the normal Bemis E92.

Patrick

Leon
06-04-2015, 09:42 PM
As has often been discussed red and blue colors tend to fade and have shade differences. Neat card though.

swarmee
06-05-2015, 04:20 AM
That was my initial thought as well: either faded over time/sunlight exposure or bled off a little due to a bad soak attempt. That being said, the collar does look like it never got the layer of blue. The cap does look like there's color there, so it might have been a change in the card production... you'd have to find more examples.