PDA

View Full Version : JSA: Yet another way to part a fool and his money.

David Atkatz
06-01-2015, 10:47 AM
The line forms on the right.

http://www.spenceloa.com/SignatureDebut

jad22
06-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Why?

David Atkatz
06-01-2015, 11:07 AM
Because money.

jad22
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
But I guess if this program had been around in 1925 we would all know that Robert Groves would be the treasured rookie signature of Lefty Grove.

alifaxwa2
06-01-2015, 12:00 PM
PSA has been doing this for years.
http://www.psacard.com/Services/Rookie/

David Atkatz
06-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Pardon me. I received an email from them today that made it seem like this was their rookie year.

Whether it started today, r years ago, it's still absurd.

HRBAKER
06-01-2015, 02:09 PM
As long as there are sheep, the shearing will continue.

Scott Garner
06-01-2015, 02:25 PM
But I guess if this program had been around in 1925 we would all know that Robert Groves would be the treasured rookie signature of Lefty Grove.

LOL :p

travrosty
06-01-2015, 05:45 PM
psa had been doing "rookiegraph" for a few years, jsa just started it now they had to call it something different because rookiegraph is trademarked i guess, but in any event.

Forever Young
06-01-2015, 06:52 PM
psa had been doing "rookiegraph" for a few years, jsa just started it now they had to call it something different because rookiegraph is trademarked i guess, but in any event.

When did you come back? Awesome

Fuddjcal
06-01-2015, 10:06 PM
Pardon me. I received an email from them today that made it seem like this was their rookie year.

Whether it started today, r years ago, it's still absurd.

AAAAAA GREED:D

What a belly laugh. What a scam, what kind of moron does this?

RichardSimon
06-02-2015, 06:52 AM
As long as there are sheep, the shearing will continue.

Sounds like a line from the first season of Justified but oh how true it is.

slidekellyslide
06-02-2015, 09:15 AM
When did you come back? Awesome

He left in such a blaze of glory too! Calling Leon a racist and the rest of us misogynists.

jad22
06-02-2015, 11:16 AM
Wonder if they will start the "crappy signature program", treasure your prized athlete's later signature when they stopped caring about signing your item (such as smeared or rushed signatures).

RichardSimon
06-02-2015, 02:22 PM
Wonder if they will start the "crappy signature program", treasure your prized athlete's later signature when they stopped caring about signing your item (such as smeared or rushed signatures).

How about the last signature program.
"We guarantee this is the guys last signature before he died, witness statements are extra $$, copy of death certificate gladly furnished."

Michael B
06-02-2015, 08:01 PM
How about the last signature program.
"We guarantee this is the guys last signature before he died, witness statements are extra $$, copy of death certificate gladly furnished."

That is an interesting concept Richard. Years ago when I was writing retired players using Smalling's I got an envelope back with three signed index cards of a player I do not recall. Inside was a note from his wife stating 'These are the last signatures he signed before he died.' It also said something like he was always happy that people remembered him. Well darn, I could have sent them in to Jimmy (Ex)Spense(ive) with $150 to get them certified.

travrosty
06-03-2015, 10:05 AM
He left in such a blaze of glory too! Calling Leon a racist and the rest of us misogynists.

show me where i called him a racist? i never did, i said the comment was racist, but he wasnt because he said something too fast and didnt think., i said he wasnt a racist, just said something dumb. go look up the thread.

so why dont you accurately report what i said instead of just making stuff up?

here is what i said.

"Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for."

and of course he called me an f-bomb idiot when i have never swore of cursed on this forum but of course dan b. didnt mention that.

Duluth Eskimo
06-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Oh boy, heeeeerrre we go......... Meltdown is imminent.

slidekellyslide
06-03-2015, 11:00 AM
show me where i called him a racist? i never did, i said the comment was racist, but he wasnt because he said something too fast and didnt think., i said he wasnt a racist, just said something dumb. go look up the thread.

so why dont you accurately report what i said instead of just making stuff up?

here is what i said.

"Saying things like that does not automatically make you racist, Leon, but it does make you someone who said something too fast and said something dumb that you should apologize for."

and of course he called me an f-bomb idiot when i have never swore of cursed on this forum but of course dan b. didnt mention that.

Got bored with posting on your "wife's" Forum?

Welcome back!

Michael B
06-03-2015, 11:06 AM
Got bored with posting on your "wife's" Forum?

Welcome back!

'Tis a Lonely Planet.

Runscott
06-09-2015, 10:37 AM
No issues with Dan, but if Travis is not allowed to defend himself against statements like this, then ban him.

(It might be better to have a separate 'Travis chain-yanking' welcome back thread.)

slidekellyslide
06-09-2015, 10:55 AM
No issues with Dan, but if Travis is not allowed to defend himself against statements like this, then ban him.

(It might be better to have a separate 'Travis chain-yanking' welcome back thread.)

Who said he is not allowed to defend himself? Did I miss something?

Runscott
06-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Who said he is not allowed to defend himself? Did I miss something?

No, you didn't miss a thing.

Post edited because there really isn't any way to respond to your comment. If you whack someone's wrist for doing something, it's not necessary to actually tell them not to do it, but you know that.

Runscott
06-09-2015, 11:37 AM
But let me respond for you:

"Did anyone actually whack his wrist? Am I missing something?"

This might help:

slidekellyslide
06-09-2015, 01:51 PM
Ummm....okay.