PDA

View Full Version : O/T How bout them Hawkssssssssssssssss !!!!! 2015 Stanley Cup Champs ! 3 in 6 !!!!

Joshchisox08
05-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Hawkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssss heading to Lord Stanley's Cup !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Rick Flair) Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

trdcrdkid
05-30-2015, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I was just watching it on TV here in Chicago. Now they'll be playing for their third Cup in six years -- this is a great team no matter how you slice it.

Shoeless Moe
05-30-2015, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXCNTMkB3vQ

Joshchisox08
05-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Honnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoooooooooooooonkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

cool-vintage
05-30-2015, 09:25 PM
As a STL Blues fan I'm not too happy about this. I have a strong feeling the Blackhawks are going to win it all.:( (I still have a very small amount of faith in Tampa)

Joshchisox08
05-30-2015, 09:42 PM
As a STL Blues fan I'm not too happy about this. I have a strong feeling the Blackhawks are going to win it all.:( (I still have a very small amount of faith in Tampa)

As being a former Whalers fan I'm strictly forced to root against teams that are in the south. I always liked the Hawks as a close second. Roneick, Chelios, etc. How could you root for Tampa ewwwwwwwwwwwwww lol.

edjs
05-30-2015, 10:09 PM
As being a former Whalers fan I'm strictly forced to root against teams that are in the south. I always liked the Hawks as a close second. Roneick, Chelios, etc. How could you root for Tampa ewwwwwwwwwwwwww lol.

Steve Yzerman needs his name on another Cup!

bbpostcards
05-30-2015, 10:10 PM
Here's a real photo postcard of the team that became the Chicago Black Hawks, the 1914-1915 Portland (Oregon) Rosebuds of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association. In 1916, the Rosebuds were the first U.S. squad to play for the Stanley Cup; they lost to the Montreal Canadiens. The team was also known as the Portland Uncle Sams.

The players in the top row of the large photos are Mike Mitchell, Eddie Oatman, coach Pete Muldoon, hockey Hall of Famer Moose Johnson, and Ran McDonald. In the bottom row from left are Charlie Tobin, Art Throop, Smokey Harris, and unknown.

The advertisement on the Hippodrome where the Portland Rosebuds played (center of postcard) is for "Professional Ice Hockey, Portland. vs. Victoria, BC."

cool-vintage
05-30-2015, 10:50 PM

The players in the top row of the large photos are Mike Mitchell, Eddie Oatman, coach Pete Muldoon, hockey Hall of Famer Moose Johnson, and Ran McDonald. In the bottom row from left are Charlie Tobin, Art Throop, Smokey Harris, and unknown.

The advertisement on the Hippodrome where the Portland Rosebuds played (center of postcard) is for "Professional Ice Hockey, Portland. vs. Victoria, BC."

Decided to do some research and I think I found out who the unknown player is. I believe it is Connie Benson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_Rosebuds_%28ice_hockey%29#/media/File:Portland_Rosebuds.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Benson

bbpostcards
05-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Thanks! I had wondered about Benson. He parted his hair on the opposite side of the unknown player, but I think you're right.

vintagewhitesox
05-31-2015, 11:37 AM
Great looking post card.

So excited for the Cup Final to start. This conference final with Anaheim was exciting, but in the end, the Hawks skill and experience won out.
This will be an exciting series. I have tickets for Game 4, so I hope the hawks can sweep :)

Jonathan Toews is the best player in hockey.

xplainer
05-31-2015, 12:05 PM

Ah, what if you were born and raised in Tampa? Would that be a reason? :D

Joshchisox08
05-31-2015, 12:35 PM
Ah, what if you were born and raised in Tampa? Would that be a reason? :D

Perhaps but the fact remains Bettman is as bad if not worse than Goodell. And took teams from Hockey towns and moved them to the south.

Who really plays hockey in the south ???? It's more of a nothern sport IMO. Ponds don't freeze in the south in the winter. I doubt you'll see a pair of ice skates at a yard sale. Yada, yada, yada.

atx840
05-31-2015, 12:49 PM
Tampa beat my Flames in game 7 for the cup many years ago and I haven't forgiven them since.

Go Hawks!!

edjs
05-31-2015, 12:58 PM
Perhaps but the fact remains Bettman is as bad if not worse than Goodell. And took teams from Hockey towns and moved them to the south.

Who really plays hockey in the south ???? It's more of a nothern sport IMO. Ponds don't freeze in the south in the winter. I doubt you'll see a pair of ice skates at a yard sale. Yada, yada, yada.

Josh,

This is just me being the devil's advocate, so don't take it personal, please.

Do you play hockey, or does everyone in the north play hockey? I live in Southern California, and we have a thriving youth hockey program, thanks in most part to Teemu Selanne. In this day and age, we have these things called "indoor ice rinks." They work great for skating on ice. Even I play pick-up games for teams in leagues that are down a guy and need to fill a roster. We have some pretty good teams down here, the past few years, too.

Just picking on you, because I am really a Red Wings fan, and we have a long rivalry. Good luck to the Hawks, they have a great team (because they stole Scotty Bowman away from the Wings, to run player development).

Jeffrompa
05-31-2015, 01:00 PM
Have to root for Tampa to beat Chicago being a Flyers fan .

xplainer
05-31-2015, 01:48 PM

Your point is understood. Similar to the SEC and everyone else in college football. :D

However...go Bolts!;)

PM me your address. You being a Whaler fan, I've got something for you. It will help sooth the southern-style hockey whooping coming your way. :eek:

mybuddyinc
05-31-2015, 01:55 PM
Coke, Budweiser and the TV stations are happy also. TB vs. Anaheim wouldn't get the ratings the Hawks will bring.

"Old time hockey" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my childhood heroes :rolleyes:

05-31-2015, 02:47 PM
What's hockey?
- Lifetime resident of the South

xplainer
05-31-2015, 03:07 PM
Tampa beat my Flames in game 7 for the cup many years ago and I haven't forgiven them since.

Go Hawks!!

They were my Flames before they left Atlanta. My first exposure to the "northern sport". :D Watched them almost every night.
The were pretty good but..... then left and proceeded to win two or three S. Cups in Calgary.

When they left Atlanta is when I stopped following the NHL closely. But when the playoffs start, I stay informed. So, I say...Go Bolts!!

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k407/xplainer2010/TB1_zpsma2d2iqf.jpg (http://s326.photobucket.com/user/xplainer2010/media/TB1_zpsma2d2iqf.jpg.html)

xplainer
05-31-2015, 03:09 PM
What's hockey?

Kinda like indoor soccer on ice. And, the only sport where fighting is encouraged. Well, besides boxing.:eek:

tonyo
05-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Funny Josh is a Whalers fan who probably hated Atlanta the way I hated Winnipeg a few years ago. Thrashers STH from day one thru the day they bolted no pun intended, but there weren't enough of us apparently.

Anyway, when the Thrashers left, I was looking for a team to follow and had it narrowed down to Chicago (due to Marian Hossa, best all around player the Thrashers had in their short history) and Nashville. I picked Nashville when it became clear I couldn't watch almost all Hawks games on WGN (none as it turned out), plus proximity to Nashville helped. For some reason the NHL in their wisdom shows 1/2 Preds games (a 3 to 4 hour drive to Nashville) and 1/2 Canes games (an 8 to 9 hour drive to Raliegh) in the ATL as "regional games" Great Marketing by the NHL.

Anyhoo I digress.

Prolly pull for the Hawks (despite them being a Preds nemesis) due to the Original 6 factor, Hossa, plus I hated TB - SE rival - as a Thrashers fan .

T.O.

Huysmans
06-01-2015, 07:35 AM
What's hockey?

It's a sport everyone north of you (Yankees) enjoys because they're not busy watching cars goes in a circle, dating cousins, chasing crocodiles, or polishing shotguns.

-Lifetime kidder who's obviously joking. :-P

Shoeless Moe
06-01-2015, 08:52 AM
It's a sport everyone north of you (Yankees) enjoys because they're not busy watching cars goes in a circle, dating cousins, chasing crocodiles, or polishing shotguns.

That's pretty funny!

Joshchisox08
06-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Kinda like indoor soccer on ice. And, the only sport where fighting is encouraged. Well, besides boxing.:eek:

I love baseball my favorite sport EASILY and by a far margin. HOWEVER I can almost watch ANY hockery playoff game those guys play their hearts out unlike MLB players.

And at your quote because of just that reason (though there are many more) I'll disagree with the like soccer notion as I can't watch a whole soccer game.

xplainer
06-01-2015, 09:55 AM

:D. That's a good one.

06-01-2015, 10:03 AM

I take offense to such a distorted gross generalization!

It's 'gators, not crocodiles. :p

brian1961
06-02-2015, 11:39 AM
Getting back to the original thread, I am so excited for the Blackhawks. They've had a topsy-turvy season to say the least, if not less. I really wondered if they were gonna quack up the Ducks in Anaheim, given their lackluster showing on the Ducks' iced-over pond.

Should be a good Stanley Cup Finals. Each team has their own significant strengths. Neither are in the Final 'cause they were lucky.

GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET'EM, KILLER KANE & COMPANY!:D

-----Brian Powell

bmarlowe1
06-02-2015, 09:04 PM
As being a former Whalers fan...I always liked the Hawks as a close second....

And there's the Quenville connection.

ooo-ribay
06-02-2015, 10:19 PM
I'm sure Tampa Bay has some fine Canadian born players.....but I just can't root for these warm weather hockey teams....or any post-1969 expansion baseball team.

Joshchisox08
06-03-2015, 05:48 AM
And there's the Quenville connection.

Don't forget their assistant coach Kevin Dineen !!!!

Joshchisox08
06-13-2015, 08:59 PM
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1.

One game away from hoisting Lord Stanley's Cup in Chicago !!!!!!!

Shoeless Moe
06-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Monday Bloody Monday!!!!!

Joshchisox08
06-15-2015, 06:22 PM
Let's go Hawks !!!!!!!!!!!!!

xplainer
06-16-2015, 09:01 AM
There you Josh!!
Third Cup in six years. :D

jason.1969
06-16-2015, 09:52 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/16/54075e200b25d21a8d011dc817e9f516.jpg

Iwantmorecards77
06-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Great team. As an Islanders fan - anybody but the Rangers! (Thanks, Tampa!) Haha

jason.1969
06-16-2015, 10:03 AM
There must be some old diehards out there or from their graves wondering if a Stanley Cup counts when the path there is thru Nashville, Minnesota, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay! How the League has changed since the original six!

bmarlowe1
06-16-2015, 10:10 AM
There must be some old diehards out there or from their graves wondering if a Stanley Cup counts when the path there is thru Nashville, Minnesota, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay! How the League has changed since the original six!

Yes it has changed. Back then a championship represented the best of 6, now it represents the best of 30.

Orioles1954
06-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Much easier to have a dynasty in the 1950s-1960s when the NBA and NHL had only a handful of teams.

jason.1969
06-16-2015, 10:30 AM
I totally am not downplaying the achievement. Am a big Hawks fan here in Chicago. Just noting the funny contrast in who we beat vs who TB would have beat (Detroit, Montreal, NY, Chicago)!

brian1961
06-16-2015, 11:32 AM
This Blackhawks Stanley Cup victory is sweet, special, and just as important as all the others! Their opponents may not be very familiar to me per se, but then I saw that Tampa Bay wiped out Montreal, who had had a great year. You don't get to the FINALS on luck. Sour grapes always has a list of excuses and a bucket of cold water to throw on the victor's parade.

I'm nobody, but I'd like to dedicate this Cup to Stan Mikita, after reading yesterday of his recent wretched memory loss. My prayers are with him and his family. ---Brian Powell