PDA

View Full Version : WHiCH VCP sellers/method you respect most

1952boyntoncollector
05-30-2015, 01:43 PM
I consider Auctions over Buy it nows in VCP

plus I factor that Ebay has better chance for higher bidding than a check/cash only auction house with BP because

1. People get ebay bucks with ebay so a 1100 item at an AH may only cost the buyer 1000 on ebay though he bid 1100

2. More people have access to credit card to pay large items than cash on hand and can bid more.

3. Credit card rewards give people incentive to bid on ebay along with the mentioned ebay bucks

4 Bid Slotting- sometimes the next bid slot in an outside AH puts the card clearly over past sales history and the current/winning bid puts it clearly under.

Thus when I look at past sales...I do look at ebay past prices at the high end...

However, outside auction houses sometimes can get an average sale over ebay due to

1. Buyers premium- Yes we all factor in buyer premium on this forum but im sure there are people in bidding wars that didn't iquite factor in the 20% factor in their bidding had they seen the exact number they were actually bidding like they would of on ebay, maybe that don't offer it in the AHs I am talking about