PDA

View Full Version : Erik Varon's "Sweet Recollections: The Story of the Philadelphia Caramel Company"

trdcrdkid
05-29-2015, 10:09 AM
I saw some online references to this book published in 2009, about the company behind the E95 and E96 sets as well as several non-sports sets. These included a thread on this board by people who had received the book and were very happy with it. Yet I can't seem to find any way to buy the book online now. There were references back then to it being available on www.philadelphiacaramel.com, but that site is no longer there, and the book isn't available on any of the online booksellers. I gather than Erik Varon was/is a member of this board (as "ErikV"), so maybe he could help me track down a copy? Or somebody else?

Leon
05-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Many members only check in every now and then. And then too some regulars go on vacation, take a break, run out of money :) etc.... Erik (hi Erik) is a member and posts sometimes. You should PM him and if he doesn't get back with you, PM me, and i will email him for you. I might also have either an extra copy, or at minimum, I would loan you mine to read. Good luck.

ErikV
05-29-2015, 11:56 AM
David,

Yes, I did write that book in 2009. The book was printed in only one book run.
Of that book run I have seven copies left. The price is $12.99 + $2.51 s/h.
If you or anyone else is interested in a copy you can PayPal me at star6240@att.net
and I'll get a copy in the mail to you ASAP.

By the way, I've begun working on a follow-up to the book. It's a biography
of the owner of the Philadelphia Caramel Company. No finish date has been set
as of yet.

Best Regards,

ErikV

trdcrdkid
05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
Thanks, Erik! I'll PayPal you the money now. My address is:

David Kathman
Morningstar
22 W. Washington
Chicago, IL 60602

ErikV
05-30-2015, 05:46 PM
I have five copies of this book remaining. If anyone else would like a copy
please do not delay. There will be no future print runs of this book. Once
they sell out, they're gone for good.

Thanks.

ErikV

egbeachley
05-30-2015, 07:24 PM
I would like one as well. If you still have one I will send Paypal in a couple hours.

Eric B

cmcclelland
05-30-2015, 08:06 PM
Just send you payment via Paypal for a book.

Thanks.

Colt McClelland

ErikV
05-30-2015, 08:14 PM
Colt and Eric,

Copies are on hold for you. Our wonderful moderator, Leon has offered to purchase any remaining copies. Last call folks....

ErikV

bdk1976
05-30-2015, 10:43 PM
Ill take one. Sending PayPal....

ErikV
05-30-2015, 10:51 PM
Jeff and Brett,

Just received your paypal payments. All who ordered today, the books will
go out in the mail first thing Monday morning.

ONE book remaining.....

ErikV

JLange
05-31-2015, 04:26 AM
I'll take that last book if still available. PM and paypal to follow.

ErikV
05-31-2015, 04:39 AM
Last book is sold. Thanks to all who purchased a copy.

ErikV

Leon
05-31-2015, 06:18 AM
Last book is sold. Thanks to all who purchased a copy.

ErikV

I guess I should say i will take the rest of them more often? I am more than happy our members got them. It's a well done book on a company many of us collect cards from.

frankbmd
05-31-2015, 06:34 AM
I guess I should say i will take the rest of them more often? I am more than happy our members got them. It's a well done book on a company many of us collect cards from.

Leon,

Can you help me sell my autobiography "The Life and Times of frankbmd".;)

Leon
05-31-2015, 06:43 AM
Leon,

Can you help me sell my autobiography "The Life and Times of frankbmd".;)

LMAO.....How about the life and times of "What's your Monster number"" thread? Incidentally I believe it's the longest, and most responded to thread on our board. That isn't the ironic part. The ironic part is I am approaching 17000 posts and haven't posted in it yet.

frankbmd
05-31-2015, 07:10 AM
LMAO.....How about the life and times of "What's your Monster number"" thread? Incidentally I believe it's the longest, and most responded to thread on our board. That isn't the ironic part. The ironic part is I am approaching 17000 posts and haven't posted in it yet.

Maybe that is why it has succeeded.;)

frohme
05-31-2015, 07:43 AM

Great title, Leon! Definitely most views and most replies by an ever-increasing margin. Double the nearest, if I recall. The sort of post that has legs as it could keep going for as long as there's interest in the set........

Maybe that is why it has succeeded.;)

Funny that - I don't think I've replied either, and though I'm in the low hundreds of posts, I seem to have a knack for killing threads.

--
Mike