PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT - Who was the Original Owner of this 46 ACC

Jason19th
05-27-2015, 07:21 PM
I just picked up this copy of the 1946 American Card Catalog. It has literally thousands of margin notes and updates. Some of the updates are written on paper that has been tipped in by the original owner. I am looking for any thoughts on who the original owner was. Many of the reference are to card collector bulletins, so I guess it possible that it was just an average collectors who just went through an added all of the new updates to his copy. But I wonder if this was someone more in the inner circle -(could it be Bray?) The added papers appear to be salesman slips from a company called American Furniture Mart in Philly. Does that reference ring a bell for anyone-- does the hand writing seem familiar. Also picks of this item were shown by the last owner on the non-sports board if you want to see more pics

Thanks

Jason

trdcrdkid
05-27-2015, 09:38 PM
This copy of the 1946 ACC was discussed back in February on the non-sport Net54 board, with scans of many pages being posted by the original poster, "Jeff". They also suspected that it belonged to a member of the inner circle, but couldn't figure out who.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526604/thread/1424318236/last-1424406112/1946+American+Card+Catalog+%E2%80%93+A+Real+Collec tors+Guide

I assume you're not "Jeff", but maybe you got this from him? In any case, it's a really cool piece. I have a lot of old hobby publications, but nothing quite this cool.