PDA

View Full Version : Can Anybody Help with the Rolling Stones?

powderfinger
05-21-2015, 11:25 AM
I'm thinking of buying an item listed on eBay that is touted be signed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. I've been as diligent as possible in looking at other eBay autographs, but have to confess, I don't know which of those are legitimate. The seller has indicated that I should ask for the eBay quick opinion on the signatures, which means he has to be pretty sure they're the real thing (lest they be deemed "not likely" and he'd be kicked off the Bay) and I will certainly do it if there's no help here. I've seen the legit Jagger which was collected at the airport posted on the board but there are so many out there that look soooo similar. So, back to my question: Does anybody know enough about Stones autographs to help me out?

alifaxwa2
05-21-2015, 12:22 PM
(lest they be deemed "not likely" and he'd be kicked off the Bay)
Not remotely true.

David Atkatz
05-21-2015, 12:48 PM
The vast majority of Stones signatures on eBay are forgeries.

Mr. Zipper
05-21-2015, 02:37 PM
I suggest getting a quick opinion from Roger Epperson.

http://rogerepperson.com/

powderfinger
05-23-2015, 07:24 AM
Thanks for directing me towards him for an opinion. Even though he's got a dog in the fight, he seems the best alternative among the TPG authenticators for the item I'm interested in. Just sent the item number and fee, so I'll let everyone know in a few days how things turned out.

powderfinger
05-23-2015, 07:44 AM
Close enough for me to think it looked good, but shot down in moments by a trained eye.

One of those items that comes with papers from another auction, which if true, means that this forgery has been sold as legitimate at least once before. eBay seems to be virtually worthless for autographs except for those already certed, but there are so many questions about those that I guess you can't trust them either. Autographs are becoming a "get 'em yourself or go home" proposition and maybe that's the only cure for what ails this hobby.