PDA

View Full Version : 1948 Boston Braves Signed Ball....need Advice

JJ McGraw
05-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Hi all....need a little advice. There is a Frick ball for sale with 25 signatures of the Boston Braves after their NL pennant win in 1948. The signatures are faded etc (see photos)........I've been offered to buy it at $175........I would like to display it with my recent auction acquisition of Eddie Stanky's 1949 Home Jersey......The balls condition doesn't bother me as long as the price is fair for it, so that's the question........is it worth $175.
Thanks, Mike

JJ McGraw
05-20-2015, 08:25 PM
Here's another image

Duluth Eskimo
05-20-2015, 08:49 PM
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. On this board, most people are very finicky about condition. Let your gut tell you whether it is worth it or not. Personally I have spent more on worse conditioned items. It's all about what you like. Good luck. Jason

vthobby
05-20-2015, 09:17 PM
Mike,

The price is certainly in the fair "range". I would think if the autographs were bolder the ball would be a bit higher. Since they are faded a bit, maybe counter at $125 or $150 and display it with pride. As they say "they aint making these anymore!" :cool:

Peace, Mike

JJ McGraw
05-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Thanks Jason and Mike....that is kinda how I was thinking about it. It'd be nice if they were a little bolder, but, of course, as you said...it would not be $175.
They are readable and it will display nicely.....like you say ...they ain't making these anymore. Thanks guys for the advice, appreciate it, Mike

MikeKam
05-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Thanks Jason and Mike....that is kinda how I was thinking about it. It'd be nice if they were a little bolder, but, of course, as you said...it would not be $175.
They are readable and it will display nicely.....like you say ...they ain't making these anymore. Thanks guys for the advice, appreciate it, Mike

Send a request here: www.myccsa.com

djson1
05-22-2015, 03:21 PM
There is always a market for lesser quality autographed items. I'm personally one of those buyers when it comes to hard to find items...that's the only way I'm going to afford a ball with a Gehrig or Ruth on it, for example.