PDA

View Full Version : Which BROWSER you use?

pawpawdiv9
05-19-2015, 03:58 PM
I use CHROME, but lately the plug-in has issues and crashes often. I recently found that something called NAPI is not recognizing and thatthe JAVA updates no longer work for Chrome 2014-15 since a few updates a while back. That the best solution is maybe choose Firefox or Safari. I have used Firefox in the past, but never used or heard of Safari.
What do you guys use or suggest???
Maybe this will also solve some chatroom issues as well.

Add:
i got 2 laptops, one uses Window7 and the other is Vista.

clydepepper
05-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Google, but not Chrome

Prof_Plum
05-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Firefox 36

I've been using Firefox for quite a few years and updated the version (from 26 to 28 ish) many months ago. After the update I have not been able to play many videos (html5 based from what I can tell). A friend of mine has the exact same Firefox version on Windows 7 (like me) but does not have a problem playing those same videos. I only mention this because you said you are having plugin problems and Firefox may or may not help, based only on my personal experience.

bn2cardz
05-20-2015, 09:14 AM
I use CHROME, but lately the plug-in has issues and crashes often. I recently found that something called NAPI is not recognizing and thatthe JAVA updates no longer work for Chrome 2014-15 since a few updates a while back. That the best solution is maybe choose Firefox or Safari. I have used Firefox in the past, but never used or heard of Safari.

Add:

Safari is a Apple product. I use to consider it the Mac's version of IE. It came with the computer but I always quickly downloaded FireFox or Chrome to replace it. They did have a windows version but it was discontinued.

CW
05-20-2015, 09:33 AM
I use Firefox and the first extension I download and add on is AdBlock Plus (free, and it blocks most popups, although it doesn't block the ones on Net54 which I don't mind because those are often helpful for auctions).

steve B
05-23-2015, 10:35 PM
I use IE most of the time. (Win 7)

But I also use Firefox occasionally some sites work better with it.

I installed Chrome because a few people playing one of the games I play said it was better than either. Complete waste of time. A mildly balky game with memory leaks on either IE or Firefox was an unplayable mess on Chrome. I haven't used it since.

Steve B

GoldenAge50s
05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
I still seem to have the best results w/ IE, altho I do use Chrome on occasion. I have FireFox installed but have never even tried it.

dabigyankeeman
09-14-2015, 11:09 AM
I use two. My first choice is the much-maligned AOL (which uses IE). I log into AOL and I just dont see why people knock it so much. To me the mail system in AOL is the most user-friendly and easy to use. However, I also use Chrome at times too.

Late this year or early next year I intend to get a new computer, and will get one with Windows 10, that should be an interesting experience for me, as my current computer still has Vista on it!!!!

travrosty
09-14-2015, 04:36 PM
i use firefox and seem to have the best luck with it.

Paul S
09-15-2015, 05:21 AM
These days, since I upgraded my refurbished Win 7 to Win 10, I find myself using IE. It has a reputation of being clunky on older OSs but now works great for me (as does the rest of my computer). You'll have to poke around on Win 10 to find it but it's there - MS would rather have you use Edge, which is stupit! Once you find it, pin it to your taskbar.

I also use Chrome from time to time...it's great for quick surfing.

EvilKing00
09-15-2015, 11:53 AM
internet exp, windows 7

T2069bk
09-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Test driving Edge since the upgrade to windows 10, but fall back to Chrome every now and then and Safari on my iPhone.

Joshchisox08
10-24-2015, 02:20 PM

Add:

Chris If I were you I'd overwrite your Vista OS with a Linux distro. The latest version of Ubuntu would work fine. And it's FREE. Much better OS than Vista.