PDA

View Full Version : For '52 Bowman Fans...

ZenPop
05-16-2015, 03:25 PM
3 years ago, today... I created this poster made out of one of my favorite sets....

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm145/johnmav2/Moonalice_2012-05-16_JohnMavroudis.jpg

I spent a lot of time arranging them in the appropriate fashion... (arms over heads, cloud shots, Giants, Phillies, left-swinging, right-swinging, horizontals, catchers, etc.)

KCRfan1
05-16-2015, 06:36 PM
Very cool! Do you sell the poster?

Yossarian
05-16-2015, 06:52 PM
Very cool poster.
The '52 Bowmans get relegated to the background by the '52 Topps set, but it is a beauty. Very underrated.

Thanks for sharing with the board

almostdone
05-16-2015, 07:13 PM
I remember you posting this before and loving it. I just completed my 52 Bowman set about two months ago and love seeing it arranged in this poster the way you did. Very nicely done and thank you for sharing.
Drew

begsu1013
05-16-2015, 07:20 PM
john,

i'm sure you have, but have you seen the email of "missy the cat"?

basically a conversation between a receptionist and a graphic designer that work at the same company? i got it as an email back in 2010 and still keep it in my inbox.

if you have not, lemme know. i will fwd immediately. it will have you in tears!

it's a lil long but absolutely hysterical and i imagine, right up your alley!

btw: love the poster by the way! catcher corners, mays and mantle big shots, cloud cards on the bottom, the whole kit and caboodle.

ZenPop
05-16-2015, 07:37 PM
Very cool! Do you sell the poster?

Thank you! I do... You can email me and I can give you the details...

Cheers!
-John

ZenPop
05-16-2015, 07:39 PM
I remember you posting this before and loving it. I just completed my 52 Bowman set about two months ago and love seeing it arranged in this poster the way you did. Very nicely done and thank you for sharing.
Drew

Thanks for the kind words! ...and CONGRATS on finishing the set! That's awesome! I WISH I could... maybe some day!

Cheers!

ZenPop
05-16-2015, 07:46 PM
john,

i'm sure you have, but have you seen the email of "missy the cat"?

basically a conversation between a receptionist and a graphic designer that work at the same company? i got it as an email back in 2010 and still keep it in my inbox.

if you have not, lemme know. i will fwd immediately. it will have you in tears!

it's a lil long but absolutely hysterical and i imagine, right up your alley!

btw: love the poster by the way! catcher corners, mays and mantle big shots, cloud cards on the bottom, the whole kit and caboodle.

Thanks Bob! I THINK I have seen that! If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's hilarious... and so, so true! (maybe I've heard a different version... about a guy wanting to hire a graphic designer but doesn't want to pay him?) If that's not the one, feel free to send it on!

...and thank you for the very kind words! Cheers!