PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Original Professional Horsehide Cover Figure 8 Baseball

Mac927
05-13-2015, 10:18 PM
I am having a very difficult time trying to find information on this unique baseball. In my years of collecting I've never seen a baseball this old with printing on it. I am looking for any information such as origin, year manufactured, etc. as I would like to know if this could possibly a " Professional " baseball that was used in minor or major leagues or just a homemade ball that someone stamped. I think its an awesome baseball with a lot of character. Thank you all for your help in advance.

B.

vintagesportscollector
05-13-2015, 10:57 PM
I would contact Brandon Grunbaum (wrote the book on on early baseballs history).

http://www.historyofthebaseball.com/index.html

..but I am thinking that this is not a baseball that was used in any pro major or minor league. Looks to be manufactured, but low end quality manufacturer. Would say 1920s. The stamping "professional" is just to give the impression of quality. A pro ball would more often be stamped "League" and have other markings. But, like you said, it is cool looking.

Mac927
05-18-2015, 07:51 PM
Thank you. I will reach out to Brandon.

B.