PDA

View Full Version : May 20 Sports Memorabilia Auction Bidding Open

Saco River Auction
05-13-2015, 01:32 PM
Saco River Auction is having a Sports Memorabilia Auction May 20 2015 @5PM and bidding is now open. The auction features many high grade T206 cards out of an estate in New York.

Links to The Catalogs are below:

Proxibid (https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=96332)

Live Auctioneers (https://content.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/72100_sports-memorabilia-may-20-2015/page1)

Mountaineer1999
05-18-2015, 07:29 PM
how does the bidding work on this once the live auction begins? if i have an initial bid in with Live Auctioneers will I be able or have time to bid along with live bidding?

Leon
05-19-2015, 08:12 AM
how does the bidding work on this once the live auction begins? if i have an initial bid in with Live Auctioneers will I be able or have time to bid along with live bidding?

I think I can answer this one but double check me. :) As long as you have a phone line set up you should be able to bid via phone as each lot goes live....Generally, the bidding will pick up where the internet bidding is.... so if an item starts at $50...and internet pre-bidding takes it to $200, when the lot goes to Live Auction it starts at $200.....Then you have all 3 bidding venues at once on that live lot, phone, floor and internet.

Donscards
05-19-2015, 08:45 AM
I think I can answer this one but double check me. :) As long as you have a phone line set up you should be able to bid via phone as each lot goes live....Generally, the bidding will pick up where the internet bidding is.... so if an item starts at $50...and internet pre-bidding takes it to $200, when the lot goes to Live Auction it starts at $200.....Then you have all 3 bidding venues at once on that live lot, phone, floor and internet.

Leon You are right on with your answer--I am at the auction and there is always fierce bidding going on with the 3--phone--internet and the floor--they have up to 10 phones on heavy bidding and a few people manning the computers---It is always nice to be there where u can touch and see the cards etc.---It is always fun and costs me money but a treat to be there. Don

Saco River Auction
05-19-2015, 10:14 AM
Leon, thanks for answering for me, I have been away from the site for a few days so thanks again. See you at the National.

Troy

Mountaineer1999
05-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the info, I had never participated in this type auction and wanted to make sure of the process.