PDA

View Full Version : Mayor of Cooperstown has a new baseball book

GregMitch34
05-12-2015, 09:28 AM
I've noted previously that I am close friends with the current mayor, Jeff Katz. I see him every couple of months when we meet halfway between our home at the famous (if mediocre) Roscoe Diner and he's invited me to VIP section for this year's induction. His second book, "Split Season" is out this month, from a top publisher, and already gaining great reviews and publicity. I've read it and it's quite good--a look at the great players' strike of 1981. It toggles back and forth between the "hardball" on the field that year--Fernando-mania etc.-- and the "hardball" behind the scenes in labor negotiations starring Marvin Miller, various great players, owners and the media....you can order or pre-order at Amazon now....or in stores...

ibuysportsephemera
05-12-2015, 10:08 AM
I've noted previously that I am close friends with the current mayor, Jeff Katz. I see him every couple of months when we meet halfway between our home at the famous (if mediocre) Roscoe Diner and he's invited me to VIP section for this year's induction. His second book, "Split Season" is out this month, from a top publisher, and already gaining great reviews and publicity. I've read it and it's quite good--a look at the great players' strike of 1981. It toggles back and forth between the "hardball" on the field that year--Fernando-mania etc.-- and the "hardball" behind the scenes in labor negotiations starring Marvin Miller, various great players, owners and the media....you can order or pre-order at Amazon now....or in stores...

Greg....how dare you insult the Roscoe Diner...the blasphemy :p. I have had many a meal (some mediocre) at the Roscoe Diner!

Jeff