PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auction Shipping Charges

danmckee
05-11-2015, 05:29 PM
Kudos to Kenny Goldin Auctions for fixing me up

A fast phone call and killer customer service and BINGO!

Thank you Kenny!

Sincerely,

Dan Mckee!

pawpawdiv9
05-11-2015, 05:38 PM
Just looked, No Mickey, Not even a pluto or the duck? All this love for Dumbo. What were the other 7 cards of?
I remember a similiar post, where someone sent their own paid postage box. Been cheaper using the 5.95 flat rate box.

danmckee
05-11-2015, 05:40 PM
Heck I am working on this set and for $150 I didn't even look to see if I needed any, then I get the $23 shipping charge....

Thanks Goodness he fixed me up IMMEDIATELY!

Thanks Kenny!

pawpawdiv9
05-11-2015, 05:51 PM
I agree here, I wonder if thats their set minimum? That they charge that no matter if 1 or 5+ cards. Or how their structure is set with more high-end stuff? I think it might just be a set rate for using Fed-Ex. Here is their site info:

9. Shipping: Costs for packaging, shipping and insurance will be added to all invoices. No lots will be shipped until full payment is received. PLEASE NOTE: All invoices greater than $1000.00 MUST be shipped via FedEx to a physical address with an adult signature requirement for insurance purposes. Items will be shipped as soon as possible after the payment has cleared. If you would like to pick your items up in person at our New Jersey location, we will waive the shipping and handling charges, however sales tax will be charged in accordance with New Jersey tax codes. If you purchase from a live auction, we do not allow in person pickup at the auction. All items will be shipped from, or picked up in New Jersey, no exceptions. Most items are sent FedEx with tracking, insurance, and signature confirmation. Extremely large or heavy items may require special shipping arrangements. If you are interested in bidding on an oversized item, we suggest calling before bidding to determine the approximate shipping cost.

10. Sales Tax: Shipments made to Nevada and New Jersey will be charged appropriate local sales tax unless the bidder has provided to Goldin Auctions a current and valid Nevada or New Jersey tax exempt resale certificate.

ullmandds
05-11-2015, 05:57 PM
this is a recurring issue...NO?

wondo
05-11-2015, 06:19 PM
I just checked - won a lot of five graded cards and the shipping is just short of $23 (shipping and insurance). Now I paid 30% less for the lot than I anticipated for the lot so I'm happy. Making shipping and handling a profit center really ticks off the public. I would think that AHs would catch on. REA could have easily increased it's revenue with it's all inclusive model, but the public loves it. We don't like surprises.

bcbgcbrcb
05-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Maybe with all of the additional money that they are collecting from shipping charges, they can afford an ad in my upcoming 4-Sport Guide...........

keithsky
05-11-2015, 06:50 PM
The past couple REA auctions they have had free shipping. Now that is awesome cause you don't have to worry about being surprised by the high shipping costs or worry what they are. Kudos to them for thinking about the bidders. Some of these auction houses that auction higher end stuff it would be nice if they could do that once in a while instead of worrying about how much they can make. When they post how many millions of dollars were sold in one auction and can't do free shipping and give back to the people supporting you that stinks. Granted it's not all profit but it is still alot there that was made

Leon
05-11-2015, 06:51 PM
Maybe with all of the additional money that they are collecting from shipping charges, they can afford an ad in my upcoming 4-Sport Guide...........

don't go into sales....

Sean1125
05-11-2015, 06:58 PM
I was only charged $31.77 for shipping of over 400 cards including 14 graded cards, this includes roughly $5000 in insurance.

Maybe it is something automated in their system. Why not reach out to them directly and see what they say?

Sean

x2drich2000
05-11-2015, 07:00 PM
The past couple REA auctions they have had free shipping. Now that is awesome cause you don't have to worry about being screwed by the high shipping costs or worry what they are. Kudos to them for thinking about the bidders. Some of these auction houses that auction higher end stuff it would be nice if they could do that once in a while instead of worrying about how much they can make.

This was a great marketing move by REA, but let's not forget that since they starting offering free shipping, their buyers premium has also increased. I'm sure the increase in buyers premium more than covers the shipping costs they incur.

DJ

wondo
05-11-2015, 07:04 PM
don't go into sales....

Hahaha!

REA doesn't have "free" shipping; they have shipping included in their buyers premium. Goldin charges 18.5% and REA charges 20% for the same type payment. That is $15 on every $1k which is still less than the folks commenting on this thread have been charged. If REA does a $10 million auction, that's a potential $150k additional. That's a lot of shipping. It's all perceived value or lack of it.

Peter_Spaeth
05-11-2015, 07:21 PM
I was only charged $31.77 for shipping of over 400 cards including 14 graded cards, this includes roughly $5000 in insurance.

Maybe it is something automated in their system. Why not reach out to them directly and see what they say?

Sean

Better to bitch. :D

danmckee
05-11-2015, 07:45 PM
Kenny Goldin called me IMMEDIATELY and straightened this out! His employee Tina was very nice and tried like all heck but Kenny called me.

I have dealt with him for years dating back to the Scoreboard days and he employees one of my dear friends Phil Spectre.

Thanks for the call Kenny!

He explained it was automated BS and that it was an easy fix and he took care of it!

He attempted to give me free shipping for my headache but Homey don't play that! I have no problem paying for reasonable shipping.

He was very nice, professional, and caring! I was very disappointed as I was expecting a nasty fight! J/K

Thanks again Kenny and though I was an under bidder on many items I hope to win many more in the future!!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOLDIN AUCTIONS!

Just ask for USPS shipping on your account.

Thanks Kenny and I wish all of your kids well. I am sorry I interupted 1 of their events tonight!

Sincerely

Dan Mckee

Peter_Spaeth
05-11-2015, 07:50 PM
If someone had posted this about me

Are you FKG KIDDING ME???????????????????

What a CROOK!

Last bid ever with this Goldin Moron

Not sure I would have handled it as calmly as Ken did. :rolleyes:

danmckee
05-11-2015, 07:54 PM
I have posted that about you before Peter, you handled it exactly the same way :)

danmckee
05-11-2015, 07:54 PM
$23 shipping on $150 - 15 ungraded junk cards, Kenny felt my pain!

oldjudge
05-11-2015, 08:12 PM
don't go into sales....

LOL, I was thinking the same thing. This probably explains why ad sales have gone do well.