PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Exhibit cards Gehrig,Williams and Mantle

bbcarddan
05-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Hi everyone I just discovered a couple of my Exhibit cards were stolen from me,unfortunately they may have been gone for up to a year now while I was away weeks at a time for work and recovery is probably remote at best. I believe with almost absolute certainty the thief was my ex-wife's new boyfriend. The last couple years have been difficult for myself to say the least due to my divorce. I only recently have been allowed back into my former home to get my personal things. I am now able to go over my collection. While I am lucky to get most of my collection back. The Exhibits posted here are what I valued most. The Gehrig had one of those three ring binder repair circles stuck in the upper left corner on back of card. I thought I had back scans of the Gehrig but can`t seem to find any now. I know I posted front/back scans here years ago when I first got the card but I can`t find them now. I am from the New Bedford, Mass area and believe this individual probably unloaded them locally to an unsuspecting collector or local shop for a fast buck. If anyone happens to recall seeing these cards Please contact me. Thank you.

iowadoc77
05-10-2015, 06:51 PM
This is horrible. Good luck to you.
Hope you get these amazing cards back

Rickyy
05-11-2015, 01:12 AM
That Sucks Dan. I hope you can get it back. We'll have to keep an eye out. I collect Exhibits so if the cards with these characteristics turn up I'll certainly let you know.

Ricky Y

toledo_mudhen
05-11-2015, 04:48 AM
Sometimes it seems a whole lot easier just to meet a woman you hate and buy her a new house.....

bbcarddan
05-11-2015, 07:29 AM
Sometimes it seems a whole lot easier just to meet a woman you hate and buy her a new house.....

Thanks for the laugh! I needed that! :D

Joshchisox08
05-11-2015, 07:43 AM
Hi everyone I just discovered a couple of my Exhibit cards were stolen from me,unfortunately they may have been gone for up to a year now while I was away weeks at a time for work and recovery is probably remote at best. I believe with almost absolute certainty the thief was my ex-wife's new boyfriend. The last couple years have been difficult for myself to say the least due to my divorce. I only recently have been allowed back into my former home to get my personal things. I am now able to go over my collection. While I am lucky to get most of my collection back. The Exhibits posted here are what I valued most. The Gehrig had one of those three ring binder repair circles stuck in the upper left corner on back of card. I thought I had back scans of the Gehrig but can`t seem to find any now. I know I posted front/back scans here years ago when I first got the card but I can`t find them now. I am from the New Bedford, Mass area and believe this individual probably unloaded them locally to an unsuspecting collector or local shop for a fast buck. If anyone happens to recall seeing these cards Please contact me. Thank you.

Really sorry to hear that Dan. Not to get too personal but I think it's total BS the way the laws and so called "judicial system" are towards men. It's completely disgusting.

I'm sure that her bf will get what's coming to him. I was engaged and have a son with my ex. She kicked me out (at that point I needed to get out) she was being violent towards me in front of AJ (he was only a few months old then) so I had to get out of that environment for his sake. Then all of a sudden the court crap happened yada yada yada.

She out of the blue about 4 months after I was out of the house is getting married. Lets just say that that marriage lasted about 4 months. So now she has two failed engagements and a failed marriage all at the fresh age of 29. What goes around comes around. Though it's hard for me to accept the judicial system as all you need is money to win which I didn't. Shes slowly realizing just what an idiot she is.

So just try to hang in there dude. Things will get better !!!

bbcarddan
05-11-2015, 07:10 PM
Really sorry to hear that Dan. Not to get too personal but I think it's total BS the way the laws and so called "judicial system" are towards men. It's completely disgusting.

I'm sure that her bf will get what's coming to him. I was engaged and have a son with my ex. She kicked me out (at that point I needed to get out) she was being violent towards me in front of AJ (he was only a few months old then) so I had to get out of that environment for his sake. Then all of a sudden the court crap happened yada yada yada.

She out of the blue about 4 months after I was out of the house is getting married. Lets just say that that marriage lasted about 4 months. So now she has two failed engagements and a failed marriage all at the fresh age of 29. What goes around comes around. Though it's hard for me to accept the judicial system as all you need is money to win which I didn't. Shes slowly realizing just what an idiot she is.

So just try to hang in there dude. Things will get better !!!

Thanks everyone for the moral support I truly appreciate it! Restores my faith that there are good people out there willing to help or just listen. While I would imagine nearly everyone who has been in this hobby any length of time has been on the receiving end of a theft,counterfeit card, just plain flat out ripped off by dishonest people. It`s an extra special hurt when it comes from someone who in a perfect world was supposed to be the "one".
I will be fine, I will survive it`s only cardboard after all. I`ll miss those cards since I was so close to a complete run of Salutations and replacing the Gehrig and Williams is probably not a financially smart move for me right now or the foreseeable future. This is just one more reason to stay the course that my divorce will be the best thing for me in the long run.

Leon
05-13-2015, 07:30 PM
Yes, the cards are only paper but there was more to the mess, it sounds like. You will get it sorted out in time....the hobby will be here for you. Good luck and we all hope you get your cards back. Those are some nice looking cards too. (just another friendly bump to the top too)

LEHR
05-14-2015, 06:49 AM

And then bury her in the back yard.

Hope things get better for you soon. Sounds like the missing cards are the least of the problem.

bbcarddan
05-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Yes, the cards are only paper but there was more to the mess, it sounds like. You will get it sorted out in time....the hobby will be here for you. Good luck and we all hope you get your cards back. Those are some nice looking cards too. (just another friendly bump to the top too)

Yes Leon as with all divorce there is so much more no need to go into all the details here, i`m sure you understand. My loss of personal property is because of who she has taken up with, so what goes around will eventually come around for her, I know his background and criminal past he will show who he really is to her someday. We are civil towards each other and that is good enough for me, fighting on only indicates there is still some emotional attachment and for me I am past that point. My main focus in life is my relationship with my children and just putting my life back together and moving forward, I have come a long way since it all fell apart on me.

I miss the cards but not her,and thanks once again to everyone for their support! Thanks for the bump too Leon :)