PDA

View Full Version : 1958 Hank Aaron Blue Front

bnorth
05-09-2015, 07:54 PM
This is my first Blue Front Aaron and I think it looks much better than the original(normal) green version. Got this card in a trade from a fellow member right after our first Net54 group break.

Hard to find a more beat up card than this one. Will add some more pics of the card later.

DanP
05-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Picked up a couple more RC's

ALR-bishop
05-10-2015, 09:11 AM
This thread iseems hard to follow :)

bnorth
05-10-2015, 10:35 AM
This thread iseems hard to follow :)

Here are some more pics Al to get it back on track. Fist picture is how it looked when I got it.

Now everyone has a reference to compare altered cards to. On this card the yellow was removed on most of the card to make the green background turn blue and the red bar on the bottom back to magenta. Notice as the yellow is removed in stages that it turns into a dull yellow. If it was a real missing/lightly printed yellow card the yellow no matter how faint would still be a nice bright yellow in color.

SMPEP
05-10-2015, 11:05 AM
Why didn't the yellow disappear around the logo?

bnorth
05-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Why didn't the yellow disappear around the logo?

Because I wanted it to stay there.

ALR-bishop
05-10-2015, 01:55 PM
Ben-- you may want to put in a link to the earlier thread in case someone reading this one has not seen it

bnorth
05-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Ben-- you may want to put in a link to the earlier thread in case someone reading this one has not seen it

Good idea Al. There is more discussion about the Blue front Aaron cards in this thread. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=184656 Here is another thread with some missing color info. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=160157&highlight=blue+aaron

Here is a real very light print yellow card. Notice even though there is very little yellow in the words at the top of the card it is still a nice bright yellow. I know it is hard to see in this scan because of size/quality. If anyone would like a better scan emailed so you can see it better PM me your email.

Hopefully with this information it will save people money from buying altered cards.