PDA

View Full Version : WSSCA Summer Convention May 30 & 31 Shoreline, WA

conor912
04-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Mark your calendars....for anyone in the NW who's never been, this is a great show. Many board members set up and attend.

dlfallen
04-30-2015, 11:04 PM
I wouldn't miss this for anything. Where else can you have a legitimate shot at finding vintage Seattle Rainiers memorabilia (like popcorn cards, pennants, photos, etc). Also lots of Obaks, Zeenuts, T206's and other pre-war.

There are always several knowledgeable dealers and fellow collectors (including several board members) that are quite willing to share their knowledge and have great conversations with.

It may be the only show in the great Pacific NW, but it's a good one!

familytoad
05-02-2015, 10:10 PM
I missed my twice annual night in the Fallen guest room last November , but I won't be missing it later this month.
I am so much looking forward to the show, the game (I got some sweet tix for the Mariners game Saturday night) and the hospitality at my favorite Swedish Chef's house!:p

WSSCA show should be great as always. The guests and dealers are a blast to visit with so I can hardly wait. I hope to see a few of the n54 Pac NW guys up there!

qed2190
05-05-2015, 09:25 AM
I'll be there for sure, great show.

pariah1107
05-05-2015, 10:11 AM
One of the best shows in the country, with some of the most knowledgeable collectors in the hobby. Looking to finish my '58, '59, '61, & '69 football sets, and as always keeping an eye out for central Washington sports; from baseball to hydroplanes on Lake Chelan. :) See you there....

Kawika
05-05-2015, 10:43 AM
Exactly what a card show should be like. Great cardboard, great people. Fixing to bop down from British Siberia on Saturday.

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/baseballtravels/seattlesportscardshow/large/DSC05971.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/baseballtravels/seattlesportscardshow/large/DSC059691.JPG

http://photos.imageevent.com/kawika_o_ka_pakipika/sportscardsetc/baseballtravels/seattlesportscardshow/large/DSC05968.JPG

Leon
05-06-2015, 11:08 AM
I almost guarantee my wife and I will make this show after we become empty-nesters later this year. It really looks like a lot of fun.

Runscott
05-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Leon, it's a lot of fun - you will know all the vintage guys who set up. David and I will have a couple of tables again this year. The best part is getting to see all of my friends from the Pac NW, but sales are always good as well.

AndrewJerome
05-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Luke and I will be set up with some pre-war goodies. There will be loads of other pre-war material from dealers like Mark M., Keith S. and Scott F. Hope to see some Net 54ers at the show (old faces and new!),

Andrew

Tabe
05-19-2015, 06:08 PM
If my schedule wasn't packed that weekend already, I would be there. Will definitely have to hit this next time around...

oaks1912
05-23-2015, 03:01 PM
Looking forward to seeing the crew next weekend. Should be a typically good show and experience:)

qed2190
05-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Only a few more days until the Seattle card show in Shoreline can't wait.

Luke
05-27-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll have a bunch of t206 (and a few caramel cards). Should be a good time!

champaigneappetite
05-27-2015, 05:29 PM
I really enjoyed last years show! I plan to hit it this year on Sunday.

keithlyt
05-28-2015, 02:41 PM
looking forward to schmoozing with all my friends. always a great show. will try to dig out some gems for everyone, if the rats let me back in the garage! trying to talk Mark into it.

JoeyFarino
05-28-2015, 03:35 PM
Is there a good selection of type 1 photos? Might have to make it this year

finalscore
05-28-2015, 03:48 PM
looking forward to schmoozing with all my friends. always a great show. will try to dig out some gems for everyone, if the rats let me back in the garage! trying to talk Mark into it.

Looking forward to a great show and catching up with great friends! Keith, I hope the football stuff isn't in that garage!!

keithlyt
05-28-2015, 05:37 PM
Blaisdell - you can look Friday night! we can throw baby bro in first, to keep the rats at bay!

qed2190
05-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Mark are you going to wear your zeenut shirt?

SteveMitchell
05-30-2015, 09:44 AM
Looking forward to another great show. The club does a fine job, so if you are anywhere near north Seattle (Shoreline), make this a stop either today or tomorrow. See you-all shortly.

Steve Mitchell

SteveMitchell
05-30-2015, 09:44 PM
After spending 5 thoroughly enjoyable hours at the spring/summer Washington State Sports Collectors Association show, I would encourage any within reasonable driving distance to make the effort to attend this one or else affirm the fall/winter event is a must, for sure.

New professional signage greets the public in key locations while the show itself features excellent dealers and knowledgeable collectors, making for outstanding conversation - not to mention the opportunity to add to one's collection.

For those who would like a peek at the past as well as the present, WSSCA has a new (to me) website: http://www.wsscaseattle.com/ Check it out - especially the photos from earlier shows.

All around HIGHLY recommended, again.

Steve Mitchell

dlfallen
05-31-2015, 02:15 PM
I agree with Steve - the WSSCA show is not to be missed if at all possible. A couple of years ago I actually asked my daughter to reschedule her birthday celebration so I could attend the show.

The show is a great opportunity to visit with old friends and new, including several Net54 members.

And the cards! The first table I stopped at yielded a hit to my 1947 Centennial Flour Seattle Rainiers Centennial Flour set - I am now down to one card for complete the four-year run of cards.

The second table yielded two hits to by Seattle Popcorn card sets - a 1961 Tillman and a 1966 Rojas. I'm at the point in these sets where new hits are few and far between.

After those two tables, everything else was pure gravy. I picked up a 1924 Seattle Zeenut (Eldred), my first T205 minor league card (Nee Newark), and my first 1917 Collins-McCarthy E-135 (Larry Doyle).

The show is well run and there are many knowledgeable dealers, many of whom are collectors themselves and who are quite happy to talk and share information. Again, a show well worth the effort to go to.

williamcohon
06-01-2015, 01:21 AM
Wish I could have attended. See you all at the next one. Be well!

keithlyt
06-01-2015, 03:45 PM
another great show. thanks to all the great people who worked so hard to make this year's event BETTER! great customers, great dealers, great friends. nice to see all those southerners come up from Portland, and the northern clan from B.C. and can't forget the ones who trekked across the mountains. the only questionable event is that I seem to get BamBOOZled every show? need to talk to Andrew about that.

oaks1912
06-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Another great show and KUDOS to the promoters....Picked up some stuff, came back many pounds lighter (at least the car did), and managed to avoid being attacked by the killer rats in Keith's garage.....Managed to salvage a stack of PCL Exhibits, but it looks like I was too late for the'10's era football programs... but who collects those anyway... Great to see a solid crowd on Saturday... Those who could not to attend for whatever reasons will never know how much stuff they missed or the fun that was had by all (well, all but one :D) I avoided the Big Bamboo for another trip, and after seeing the crew on Sunday, I made the right choice...Will forget mentioning someone if I try to name the regulars (not intentionally) , but thanks to the several dozen that helped make my Northwest trip a great time and success. See you all in the Fall...