PDA

View Full Version : 1913 Strike Wildfire Shulte ?

Joshchisox08
04-29-2015, 04:25 PM
I'm looking for opinions on this card I think it may be a 1913 Strike card ??? It's texture is that of a playing card which makes me somewhat concerned it is from 1913. Was the Repro's of this card ?

And finally what is the market on these cards ? They appear to be playing cards rather than trading but I think it's kind of cool to where people would probably collect these.

vthobby
04-29-2015, 04:47 PM
It is a:

1914 Polo Grounds Game Card WG4 Wildfire Schulte

I think there is one on Ebay that is graded a Mint 9 and it has a buy it now for $180 or so.

Mike

Bocabirdman
04-29-2015, 05:25 PM
What he said.........

Joshchisox08
04-29-2015, 05:53 PM
What he said.........

Same exact back too. Question are they supposed to have the material of playing cards ? I'm not sure what they had back then as far as printing but this feels like a playing card.

ullmandds
04-29-2015, 05:54 PM
yes it is a playing card...so it will look and feel like one...personally...not a "card" to me.

Eric72
04-29-2015, 05:58 PM
yes it is a playing card...so it will look and feel like one...personally...not a "card" to me.

Of course it's a, "card." You said it yourself...it's a, "playing card."

:);):D

Smart-assed comments aside, I like the look of those.

Leon
04-29-2015, 09:09 PM
There were a lot of repro's of these cards but yours looks fine. I like them...but then again I like almost everything...

http://luckeycards.com/pwg4jackson.jpg

Joshchisox08
04-30-2015, 06:25 AM
There were a lot of repro's of these cards but yours looks fine. I like them...but then again I like almost everything...

http://luckeycards.com/pwg4jackson.jpg

I'm surprised by the response and that you guys think it's real just from the picture. I don't even remember when I got this card. Must have been when I was going to shows when I was younger. The shape of the card just seems to good to be true lol.

Maybe I should get it graded or throw it up for auction here?

ullmandds
04-30-2015, 06:30 AM
since they were/are "playing cards"...I presume they were kept in their box...or in a stack...and not used/played with often...explaining their usual...fine condition.

Joshchisox08
04-30-2015, 06:31 AM
since they were/are "playing cards"...I presume they were kept in their box...or in a stack...and not used/played with often...explaining their usual...fine condition.

Good to know Pete. I kind of like this card only wish it was a player I cared for more lol. It probably caught my eye as being unique when I got it and I'm glad I did now.

Pretty cool to know what it is.

btcarfagno
04-30-2015, 07:19 AM
Good to know Pete. I kind of like this card only wish it was a player I cared for more lol. It probably caught my eye as being unique when I got it and I'm glad I did now.

Pretty cool to know what it is.

The set it chock full of big names and they aren't especially expensive...especially if you go for one in something like EX or EXMT condition. There are so many of these out there in NM or better condition that one that is lesser can be had at some really good prices. If you like the look of the card you should try to find one of a player you like. You could likely get a top tier player like Nap Lajoie in EX condition for around $100 or a bit less.

Tom C

Leon
05-07-2015, 03:01 PM
The set it chock full of big names and they aren't especially expensive...especially if you go for one in something like EX or EXMT condition. There are so many of these out there in NM or better condition that one that is lesser can be had at some really good prices. If you like the look of the card you should try to find one of a player you like. You could likely get a top tier player like Nap Lajoie in EX condition for around $100 or a bit less.

Tom C

It really is a great set to collect that won't set you back a ton. Lots of high grade cards and HOF'ers for very little money relative to other period sets..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=wg6&_sop=10&_from=R40&_osacat=212&_ipg=200&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=wg4&_sacat=212