PDA

View Full Version : Lot 887 in Memory Lane auction- Japan Tour ball

bwbc917
04-28-2015, 12:07 PM
In the current auction is a signed ball described as "1934 Tour of Japan" baseball. It is a multi signed ball with numerous AL stars, but it really should not be described as a Japan tour ball. Nearly half the sigs were not on the tour, which means that players like Moe Berg, Lefty Gomez, Frank Hayes, Rabbit Warstler, Bing Miller who were tour members are not represented.

I have contacted Memory Lane and heard nothing back. If you want to see who was actually on the 1934 tour go to Rob Fitts baseball history site.

Chris Rainey

jerseygary
04-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Did they get the description mixed up? The base has "1934 AL&NL All-Stars" which better describes what it is. Hopefully they fix it, but if someone was to shell out the cash for a 1934 Japan Tour ball I would hope they know enough of the subject to know this aint what they want...

bwbc917
04-29-2015, 12:59 PM
To their credit, the folks at Memory Lane have made a correction online. They were also nice enough to call me and let me know that they were making the change.

Leon
05-03-2015, 03:07 PM
To their credit, the folks at Memory Lane have made a correction online. They were also nice enough to call me and let me know that they were making the change.

Always good to hear of positive outcomes.