PDA

View Full Version : Goudey #144 Ruth, Let me help, it's fake

Leon
04-28-2015, 07:48 AM
It seems this seller has a problem with authenticity. I can help. The cards are fake..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930s-Big-League-Baseball-Card-Lot-Babe-Ruth-Goudey-Gum-Chicle-/261868873117?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf899e59d

clydepepper
04-28-2015, 08:30 AM
Even though they somewhat covered themselves in the item description, my advise to the seller is still,

"You're playing with fire, ScareCrow!"

Sean
04-28-2015, 11:22 AM
He has 5 feedbacks as a seller..... and 2 of them are negative. :rolleyes:

jburl
04-28-2015, 08:00 PM
I know it is a small sample size, but if he can keep batting .600 his whole career, he gets into the hall of fame, right?

Runscott
04-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Even though they somewhat covered themselves in the item description, my advise to the seller is still,

"You're playing with fire, ScareCrow!"

He didn't cover himself at all - he sold them as 'unknown', which means 'fake'. Any time a seller says cards are sold 'as-is', 'no returns because they are not graded or authentic', they are fake.

These guys know exactly what they are doing - they create these fakes for next to nothing and make a huge profit by selling them as in this example, to people who don't learn their new hobby prior to dumping their paycheck into it.

Leon
05-02-2015, 05:20 PM
He didn't cover himself at all - he sold them as 'unknown', which means 'fake'. Any time a seller says cards are sold 'as-is', 'no returns because they are not graded or authentic', they are fake.

These guys know exactly what they are doing - they create these fakes for next to nothing and make a huge profit by selling them as in this example, to people who don't learn their new hobby prior to dumping their paycheck into it.

And they aren't supposed to be able to use the ole "I don't know if it's real nor not" excuse either. But ebay doesn't crack down much...