PDA

View Full Version : If you thought REAs catalog was massive.......

Stonepony
04-25-2015, 06:22 PM
.....Heritage arrived today:eek:

iowadoc77
04-25-2015, 06:27 PM
Can't wait! Hope it smells good!

Enfuego
04-25-2015, 06:30 PM
What's the cost of a catalog?

Iron Horse
04-25-2015, 07:53 PM
Got mine today. Two volumes lol
Some amazing stuff. Very strong auction

Leon
04-26-2015, 12:12 PM
I think the card catalog (of the 2) is the biggest pure card auction catalog I have ever seen.

Exhibitman
04-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Didn't have the time to crack it open yesterday but looking forward to some nice lunchtime reading at work all week.

tbob
04-26-2015, 05:10 PM
It weighed a ton! I've already bookmarked loads of cards.

rats60
04-26-2015, 05:35 PM
I haven't got mine yet, but I've already got a long list of bids in. I probably shouldn't look too close at the catalog or I might find even more to bid on.

peterose4hof
04-26-2015, 07:38 PM
No magnets?

clydepepper
04-26-2015, 08:41 PM
The website lists the Sports Auction Catalog @ $112.50.

Can anyone confirm that they paid that?

-'cus I really like the free ones! :)

If anyone knows how to get a free one, please share.

glchen
04-26-2015, 08:42 PM
The website lists the Sports Auction Catalog @ $112.50.

Can anyone confirm that they paid that?

-'cus I really like the free ones! :)

I think they're free if you won items from Heritage in the past. I've never paid anything for them.

Leon
04-26-2015, 09:20 PM
I think they're free if you won items from Heritage in the past. I've never paid anything for them.

My understanding is you only need to bid on something, not win, in order to continue to receive their catalogs. Raymond (and any other first time bidder board members) please PM me and I will see if I can hook you up on getting a catalog. After that I think you will have to place bids in order to continue to get them. But check their rules for specifics, it's probably there somewhere.

Jay Wolt
04-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Leon, not so sure
I've bid and won in the past & I don't receive the catalogs

Leon
04-26-2015, 10:50 PM
Leon, not so sure
I've bid and won in the past & I don't receive the catalogs

Only going by what I was told, Jay. That is why I phrased it the way I did. And my info was from a Heritage person so let me check into it and get back to us on it. My catalog offer stands though. I am sure I can pull some strings for some catalogs for first timer board members. .....

e107collector
04-27-2015, 07:44 AM
I think if you go 1-2 auctions without placing a bid, you will be removed from receiving catalogs.

I think that is what I heard from the folks at Heritage.

Tony

Jay Wolt
04-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Tony, then that's crazy marketing on their behalf.
If one has a catalog they are more likely to bid.
Ya gotta give kudos to REA, they will send a catalog to anyone w/ a pulse.

ullmandds
04-27-2015, 10:42 AM
I feel like i bid routinely but have not received one?

Koufax32fan
04-27-2015, 11:52 AM
I sent an email to Heritage this morning (responding to the "MyBids" email from them) asking for a print copy of the catalog. (I had already put in bids on 4 different items; and I won items in March 2015, May 2014 and December 2013 and before.) Here is the answer I received:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding auction catalogs. We do mail out printed catalogs for our signature sales. If you would like to request a specific individual sports catalog, they are $50 per catalog. The one year subscription for sports catalogs are $112.50. We also offer a free digital version of the printed catalog online:

http://sports.ha.com/c/ecatalog.zx?saleNo=7135

Please let me know how I can assist you or if you have any other questions.

Kindest regards,

Kimberly M. Serrano |Client/Bidder Services
HERITAGE AUCTIONS

ullmandds
04-27-2015, 11:56 AM
I sent an email to Heritage this morning (responding to the "MyBids" email from them) asking for a print copy of the catalog. (I had already put in bids on 4 different items; and I won items in March 2015, May 2014 and December 2013 and before.) Here is the answer I received:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding auction catalogs. We do mail out printed catalogs for our signature sales. If you would like to request a specific individual sports catalog, they are $50 per catalog. The one year subscription for sports catalogs are $112.50. We also offer a free digital version of the printed catalog online:

http://sports.ha.com/c/ecatalog.zx?saleNo=7135

Please let me know how I can assist you or if you have any other questions.

Kindest regards,

Kimberly M. Serrano |Client/Bidder Services
HERITAGE AUCTIONS

that's very lame!

Leon
04-27-2015, 12:22 PM
This just in from our Heritage friends...concerning shipping of their catalogs. I understand it is an internal policy on how they do it, but here it is simply stated-

"If you have won $1,000 or more in a catalog auction or if you have placed a single bid of $1,000 or more in a catalog auction within the past two years, then you are on the catalog mailing list.

Also, we are happy to send a catalog to any Net54baseball member that would like to receive one, just send an email to board members Peter Calderon or Mark Anderson and they will have one sent. Then bid early and often to continue to receive them!"

Heritage Auctions

ps...if you already PM'd me about one PLEASE don't email them....your request has been sent already. LL

ullmandds
04-27-2015, 12:24 PM
I retract my "lame" comment!

bn2cardz
04-27-2015, 01:08 PM
I have won a few auctions. On one I had a max bid over $1000, but won for under that. I have never received one. I forget to even look at HA until I am searching for past sales and they show up in google searches. The catalogs do act as a great reminder for the other auction houses.

At the same time, though, my children look through the catalogs more than I do. They get excited every time one comes and my wife tells them they have to wait for me to come home and look through it, but most times we just make it through the first few pages together. My main auction searching is through the website.

An idea would be do a free highlights catalog. Send me a catalog with highlights and maybe a list of the rest of the stuff, this would be a compromise from sending out large catalogs but still sending a reminder more than just a one page flier or postcard.

bunst
04-27-2015, 01:25 PM
Where do I find email addresses for board members "Peter Calderon or Mark Anderson"?

Leon
04-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Where do I find email addresses for board members "Peter Calderon or Mark Anderson"?

Manderson@ha.com

Mark Anderson

pawpawdiv9
04-27-2015, 02:15 PM
I received my catalog today! WOW 500+ pages of pure awesomeness (even tho i already seen some of the online version)

Wife says: What are you looking at?
He says: Looking at some pics
Wife says: Oh, looking at your Playboys again?

petecld
04-27-2015, 02:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sure, you can buy a catalog but another option is to just ask for a free copy and we will send you one. My email is peterc@ha.com.

As has been mentioned, to keep getting catalogs you don't have to win something, but we won't be upset if you did, :) and all we ask is you place a single bid of $1,000 or more in each catalog auction. Not the monthly auctions, the catalog auctions and bid in each.

As far as marketing, we send out thousands and thousands of catalogs both in the USA and abroad to clients who consign and bid. This 2-volume catalog is almost 1,000 pages and is too expensive to produce to just send them to everyone on a list. It doesn't make sense to send one to someone just have them end up in landfill.

If you would like a catalog for this auction - just email me your mailing information. Thank you to all who show interest in our auctions and to those bidding - "Good Luck!"

Peter

rats60
04-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

Sure, you can buy a catalog but another option is to just ask for a free copy and we will send you one. My email is peterc@ha.com.

As has been mentioned, to keep getting catalogs you don't have to win something, but we won't be upset if you did, :) and all we ask is you place a single bid of $1,000 or more in each catalog auction. Not the monthly auctions, the catalog auctions and bid in each.

As far as marketing, we send out thousands and thousands of catalogs both in the USA and abroad to clients who consign and bid. This 2-volume catalog is almost 1,000 pages and is too expensive to produce to just send them to everyone on a list. It doesn't make sense to send one to someone just have them end up in landfill.

If you would like a catalog for this auction - just email me your mailing information. Thank you to all who show interest in our auctions and to those bidding - "Good Luck!"

Peter

It's good to know how to get a catalog if you want one. A 1000 bid every 2 years isn't too much to ask. I had some in the Fall auction, but didn't bid in the Winter one. I got my catalog today . I've already placed several bids in this one. I hope I can spend 1000+ because there is a lot of quality items here that I want. I just hope they all don't go too high.

petecld
04-27-2015, 04:18 PM
"A 1000 bid every 2 years isn't too much to ask."

We have two catalog auctions a year so we ask you place a $1,000 bid twice a year.

Peter

Donscards
04-27-2015, 04:36 PM
I received my catalog today I did get the Sports catalog---did some get 2 catalogs--my shipping box was damaged and wondering if one was lost---but I love the cards in the auction.

ValKehl
04-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Don, I received 2 catalogs - one contains "Sports Cards" and the other contains "Sports Memorabilia."
Val

Donscards
04-28-2015, 04:51 AM
Don, I received 2 catalogs - one contains "Sports Cards" and the other contains "Sports Memorabilia."
Val

Val thanks for the info my box was damaged, one must have fallen out. The Card catalog will keep me busy enough. Don

autograf
04-28-2015, 06:31 AM
WOW......Many Mantle rookies?

GaryPassamonte
04-28-2015, 09:09 AM
I requested a catalog from Mark Anderson yesterday afternoon and received it this morning in western New York. That is great service.

clydepepper
04-29-2015, 02:59 PM
Leon- Thank You for making sure I got a copy. Wow! Great stuff! Just a little bit of a letdown that another T206 Wagner wasn't being offered, but still a lot of heavy hitters.

Was I the only one surprised that the REA Wagner did not go higher? With tampering rumors surrounding the Gretzky card, it is certainly one of the very best available. Well, 1.1Mil is still pretty high.

Good Luck to everyone who bid in the Heritage Auction - I'm not sure I can fund anything but I may try for a minnow or two.

oldjudge
04-29-2015, 05:07 PM
These guys are great. Under Chris they've built a real sports powerhouse. I only wish they did not have a brick and mortar presence in CA.

e107collector
04-29-2015, 05:45 PM
Before I call or email Heritage, I'm trying to figure out the auction rules.

It appears they charge sales tax for each state. Am I correct? Does anyone know off hand if they charge sales tax for PA?

Tony

tedzan
04-29-2015, 11:53 PM

It appears they charge sales tax for each state. Am I correct? Does anyone know off hand if they charge sales tax for PA?

Tony

I'm in Pennsylvania, and I won several items from them the other night. They did not charge me any Sales Tax.

Heritage has the best Lot ending drill. Each lot is treated individually. Auction closing time was 11 PM (EST); and, after a 5 minute lapse in bids
on any particular lot....BANG....that lot has ended.

I had won 5 lots by 11:40 PM (EST) and I went to bed. I wish some of the other Auctions would adopt this procedure.

TED Z

iowadoc77
04-30-2015, 04:58 AM
Great AH in my opinion. Great customer service, and i received my 20 pound pair of catalogs yesterday. May be a very unproductive day at the office today!

CW
04-30-2015, 05:58 AM

Tony

Similar to Ted, when I won an item from them last year they did not charge sales tax. In the past, I believe they just charged tax to Texas residents. However, it may be worth a call based on the current wording on their site (I assume you saw this, Tony)

Sales Tax Information

Lots delivered to you, or your representative are subject to all applicable state and local taxes, unless appropriate permits are on file with Auctioneer. Bidder agrees to pay Auctioneer the actual amount of tax due in the event that sales tax is not properly collected due to: 1) an expired, inaccurate, or inappropriate tax certificate or declaration, 2) an incorrect interpretation of the applicable statute, 3) or any other reason. The appropriate form or certificate must be on file at and verified by Auctioneer five days prior to Auction, or tax must be paid; only if such form or certificate is received by Auctioneer within 4 days after the Auction can a refund of tax paid be made. Lots from different Auctions may not be aggregated for sales tax purposes.

Note: You will be billed for sales tax unless you have the appropriate documentation on file at and verified by Heritage five days prior to the auction. This documentation consists of a Resale Form (download now) and a legible copy of your state issued license or permit issued in your name and/ or the name of the business for an appropriately related category of merchandise. If you do not have this documentation on file with Heritage, you have 14 days from the date of the sale to complete the form and send/fax a copy of your license or permit to receive a refund for the tax. Lots from different Auctions may not be aggregated for sales tax purposes.

Stonepony
04-30-2015, 06:51 AM
I'm in Pennsylvania, and I won several items from them the other night. They did not charge me any Sales Tax.

Heritage has the best Lot ending drill. Each lot is treated individually. Auction closing time was 11 PM (EST); and, after a 5 minute lapse in bids
on any particular lot....BANG....that lot has ended.

I had won 5 lots by 11:40 PM (EST) and I went to bed. I wish some of the other Auctions would adopt this procedure.

TED Z

I believe this auction has a 30 minute ( if no further bids )lot by lot closing

Exhibitman
04-30-2015, 07:22 AM
Jay, unless you are buying to resell you must pay use tax which is the same as sales tax, so a brick and mortar Cali presence should be irrelevant.

tedzan
04-30-2015, 07:39 AM
I believe this auction has a 30 minute ( if no further bids )lot by lot closing

Dave

Here is the final bidding procedure in this recent Heritage auction......

" Auction Name: Sunday Internet Sports Collectibles Auction #151517
Auction Type Sunday Internet Sports:
These auctions are presented only online and bidding is only taken through our website. There are two phases of bidding during this type of auction:
1) Normal bidding: Bids are taken up until 10 PM CT the night the auction closes. 2) 5 Minute Ending: On a lot-by-lot basis, starting at 10:00 PM CT,
any person who has bid on the lot previously may continue to bid on that lot until there are no more bids for 5 minutes. For example, if you bid on a
lot during Normal Bidding, you could participate during Extended Bidding for that lot, but not on lots you did not bid on previously. If a bid was placed
at 10:03, the new end time for that lot would become 10:08. If no other bids were placed before 10:08, the lot would close. If you are the high bidder
on a lot, changing your bid will not extend the bidding during the 5 Minute Ending phase (only a bid from another bidder will extend bidding). If you
are the only bidder at 10 PM, you will automatically win the lot at 10:05. Important: After normal bidding ends, you must be signed-on to the Heritage
site to see the bidding option on lots where you qualify for extended bidding. "

And, that's how it worked this past Sunday evening. For example....the first lot I won had the last bid posted at 10:02 CT.

Precisely at 10:07 CT bidding was no longer possible on this lot. IT WAS DONE, I WON.

So, I'm not sure where you got your info regarding "30 minutes" ?

TED Z

Stonepony
04-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Dave

Here is the final bidding procedure in this recent Heritage auction......

" Auction Name: Sunday Internet Sports Collectibles Auction #151517
Auction Type Sunday Internet Sports:
These auctions are presented only online and bidding is only taken through our website. There are two phases of bidding during this type of auction:
1) Normal bidding: Bids are taken up until 10 PM CT the night the auction closes. 2) 5 Minute Ending: On a lot-by-lot basis, starting at 10:00 PM CT,
any person who has bid on the lot previously may continue to bid on that lot until there are no more bids for 5 minutes. For example, if you bid on a
lot during Normal Bidding, you could participate during Extended Bidding for that lot, but not on lots you did not bid on previously. If a bid was placed
at 10:03, the new end time for that lot would become 10:08. If no other bids were placed before 10:08, the lot would close. If you are the high bidder
on a lot, changing your bid will not extend the bidding during the 5 Minute Ending phase (only a bid from another bidder will extend bidding). If you
are the only bidder at 10 PM, you will automatically win the lot at 10:05. Important: After normal bidding ends, you must be signed-on to the Heritage
site to see the bidding option on lots where you qualify for extended bidding. "

And, that's how it worked this past Sunday evening. For example....the first lot I won had the last bid posted at 10:02 CT.

Precisely at 10:07 CT bidding was no longer possible on this lot. IT WAS DONE, I WON.

So, I'm not sure where you got your info regarding "30 minutes" ?

TED Z

Sorry Ted, I was referring to the current Catalog auction under discussion. According to their website each lot will close individually if no further bids for 30 minutes.