PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Trackers

frankbmd
04-24-2015, 08:58 AM
I currently have an item in transit from Canada. The seller was kind enough to include tracking for the item. Apparently he lives close to the airport, train station or bus depot, because the only tracking info for the last 4 days is:

International item has left Canada.

This begs the question, what country has it been sent to? The information seems incomplete. Did my item make it over Niagara Falls? Could it be sequestered in Buffalo? Or horror of horrors could it have been sent to France or Bulgaria?

Time will tell, but paying for this type of tracking seems a bit useless, as it only verifies that the seller actually mailed the item.

(I would add that I fully realize that tracking mail world-wide by all countries is not feasible and that there are no Canadian Trackers in my neighborhood. At least I hope there aren't.:eek:)

GoldenAge50s
04-24-2015, 09:06 AM
The Canadian Trackers here in NE are looking for moose, not mail.

Jim F
04-24-2015, 09:39 AM
Canada Post tracking is fine, it's after the item is handed over to USPS that things get choppy. Try using the tracking number at usps.com

auggiedoggy
04-24-2015, 02:47 PM
If the item was last tracked in Ville St. Laurent (Quebec) then your item is most likely going to JFK in New York. What kind of backwards nation do you think we are? Canada Post stopped sending items over the falls in barrels months ago. :)

HerbK
04-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Frank, if your item was sent via Expresspost, it will be trackable from both sides (canadapost.ca initially and then usps.com once it crosses over the border). I only use Expresspost when I ship, but I'm not sure about the other levels of service.

If your package simply went over Niagara Falls, then it will depend on what type of protective envelope it was shipped in.

If your package was attached to a moose and then went over the Falls, you are absolutely, shit out of luck ...

frankbmd
04-25-2015, 09:42 AM
Frank, if your item was sent via Expresspost, it will be trackable from both sides (canadapost.ca initially and then usps.com once it crosses over the border). I only use Expresspost when I ship, but I'm not sure about the other levels of service.

If your package simply went over Niagara Falls, then it will depend on what type of protective envelope it was shipped in.

If your package was attached to a moose and then went over the Falls, you are absolutely, shit out of luck ...

Your wrong Herb, a moose arrived at my Post Office this morning, still damp.;)

I am told the card is fine, but the postage due on the moose is ridiculous.

mantleman
04-25-2015, 10:31 AM
There is usually a few days delay in USPS tracking system "picking up" the package in their tracking system. The item usually arrives the same day Americans are able to follow the tracking on the USPS site, and sometime vice versa when shipping to Canada. It's the ridiculous route it takes sometimes that I would be more concerned with...lol