PDA

View Full Version : OT...Chris Rock is right!

ullmandds
04-23-2015, 01:24 PM
worth the 7 minutes...with the game will go the hobby!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/23/chris-rock-black-baseball_n_7128110.html?ir=Sports&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000019

Stonepony
04-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Without an explanation, I disagree with the premise of this completely ( future of baseball may depend on African American participation). I do agree baseball is boring and needs to again attract the enthusiasm of youths of all ethnicities. :)

MetsBaseball1973
04-23-2015, 02:09 PM
Funny-- but as a black man I disagree with his stance that the game needs the support he's talking about. It's all good since his job is to be funny, not necessarily to be right.

bn2cardz
04-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Boredom isn't the reason for lack of interest. It is lack of accessibility. I can't watch ST. Louis Cardinal games because I don't have cable and if I get MLB.TV the games will be blocked for me because it is blacked out. Why would MLB make it so difficult for fans to watch the games?

Another is accessibility of the game itself for neighborhood pick up games. Basketball you can be done with two players at the park (even just one child shooting hoops works). Even football the neighborhood kids and I could play that with just 5 of us (I was all time quarterback with two receivers on each side). Baseball, though, was always hard to do because there is too much chasing after the ball when there aren't enough people to fill all the holes in the field.

Econteachert205
04-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Baseball has a lot of popularity in Asia and Latin America. That's where I see new hobbyists coming from.

Exhibitman
04-23-2015, 03:12 PM
What's a "Blake Shelton"?

edjs
04-23-2015, 03:13 PM
Boredom isn't the reason for lack of interest. It is lack of accessibility. I can't watch ST. Louis Cardinal games because I don't have cable and if I get MLB.TV the games will be blocked for me because it is blacked out. Why would MLB make it so difficult for fans to watch the games?

Another is accessibility of the game itself for neighborhood pick up games. Basketball you can be done with two players at the park (even just one child shooting hoops works). Even football the neighborhood kids and I could play that with just 5 of us (I was all time quarterback with two receivers on each side). Baseball, though, was always hard to do because there is too much chasing after the ball when there aren't enough people to fill all the holes in the field.

Just need four people to play over-the-line, we played that all the time as kids.

Mountaineer1999
04-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Baseball is as strong as ever and minorities in the game is around 35%, within a percentage point or two of being as high as ever. I have four boys aged 13 to 25 and they all love baseball and would choose it over any other sport hands down. Baseball is not going anywhere.

Eric72
04-23-2015, 05:06 PM
What's a "Blake Shelton"?

Adam,

I struggle at picking up on sarcasm over the Internet, so please forgive me if I missed the mark. Blake Shelton is a modern Country Music artist. I actually have a few of his albums on CD and generally like his work.

Again, if you were joking, I missed it. If that's the case, I will happily wear the Net54 Dunce Cap for the day. It wouldn't be the first time. :)

Best regards,

Eric

HRBAKER
04-23-2015, 06:05 PM
"I'm not sayin' he's right,..........................but I understand."